Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I would love to be a snow bird. I am only back from Arizona for a few days and I am freezing. It makes me sad that my dad's house is for sale and if it sells, I won't have anywhere to stay. Part of me wishes

it won't sell, but he needs the money for his assited living rent.

Airfare is getting ridiculous too with these gas prices. Now they are going to start charging extra if you don't want a middle seat.

For anyone in bandster hell, I was able to blend in cottage cheese in Tomato Soup and that kept me full longer. I also blended cream of chicken Soup and it felt more like dinner than a Protein Shake.

It's worth it in the end! I have already lost 3 of the 5 lbs I gained from

going crazy these past two weeks from being away from home. With the proper restriction, I am never really hungry and it's pretty great!

Hi. I had my surgery 2 years ago, I'm 52 almost 53 and it was te BEST thing I ever did, I'm still losing weight. I was 265, I'm now 185 and sill losing. I have only a 2 fills and I can't believe I can still eat mostly what I want and still lose. Simetimes it's only a pound every 3 months sometimes it's 2 or 3 lbs a week. I take it as God gives it and it's a wonderfl gift.

Was banded on the 20th, doing great, no nausea, my Dr does a 23 hr stay in hospital after surgery, gave nausea meds around the clock, that was great. This is day five an down about 13 lbs. I had very little pain other than in my left shoulder found that if I raised by arm over my head that it helped to releive the pain. Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.:biggrin2:

That is wonderful (your weight loss). I am 50 and getting banded in a month. If I do as well as you, I'll be thrilled!

Hello fellow fifties,

I had my one month anniversary of being banded on Fri May 23rd and have lost 31 lbs total. 15 pre-op and 16 after surgery. I went 2 1/2 weeks of no weight loss but now have started to slowly lose again. I am just thrilled and I get my first fill on May 30th WOO HOO.

Have really stayed with just sticking with mostly Proteins with some small salads or veggies. Thank God I love cottage cheese.... My only cheating has been a cocktail here and there, either a margarita made with Crystal Lite lemonade (believe me these taste wonderful) or a Grey Goose martini.....

Good luck to all,

Yvonne :D

Yvonne, CONGRATULATIONS! I have been watching the posts of all the new bandsters and all of you encourage me. I haven't heard from the doctors since I finished the nutrition class on April 28th. I hope I hear this week.

Hi Yvonne, I was banded on May 12th and down 19 lbs and feeling great. I am not sure when I get my first fill as I haven't had my post op visit yet. I see my surgeon next Thurs. I have been doing just about the same as you and I say thank goodness I love cottage cheese too. I put a littl salsa in it to spice it up or a little humus. Are you on a regular exercise program? My sister and I are joining a gym this week, other than that I am trying to walk for about 20-30 min most days. High five to you on your great weight loss. You inspire me. Becky

I can't believe you girls that have only been banded a month can eat lettuce and various things. I am being banded on June 18th and am nervous. I hope I can eat that quick. I guess I just don't really know what to expect. I imagine the worst but for you new girls it sounds like it is going very well. Keep writing in so I can see this as I am really scared of the unknown.

Beckyo:regular_smile:

Hi, just got off the chat room and picked-up two good suggestions about my pre-op liquid diet. One was a toddler size spoon to help with smaller portions, and the other was some Atkin Protein Drink. Any other suggestions? I'd like to do a test run to see how committed to this program I'm going to be. Thanks alot!!

I love the Atkins drinks. I drink them all the time. I had to be on liquids

for a full 4 weeks after my surgery. I lost 22 lbs during that time so that

made it nice.

I never could stand to eat cottage cheese until I learned to mix a little bit of yogurt in with it.

Thanks Denise! Appreciate your help. I like the cottage cheese/yogurt combo idea. Will give it a try!!

Hi Lynn, That sounds yummy, I'll try it. I have been getting the best food ideas from this site. Someone told me to puree low fat cottage cheese and mix into Tomato Soup. It was great and so rich. It also came to almost 20 gms of Protein and very filling. Keep the ideas coming. I like variety. Becky

I was talking to some support group friends that commented they cannot get their Protein in..not sure why. I emphsized how much I need to do a daily food journal. I use TheDailyPlate. that way I am accountable for anything and everything I put in my mouth...:thumbup:

I mentioned the Isopure to them..and some did not even know about it.... but if you are drinking your fluids, why not take in 40gms of protein as you drink. Alsp, I like my Protein Bars. I usually go for those that have the lowest carbs and highest protein, and I look at the calories too. Atkin Advantage morning bar are my normal breakfast

I especially pushed the daily protein amount to one girl, she was complaining about not getting in her daily protein...

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Memorial Day!! :unsure: