Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

LYNNE731

By the time you get this you will be post-op and I wanted to wish you all the best with your recovery. Don't push yourself - each day will get better. Day 6 post-op was really my turn-around day. You are on your way to "lighter and better days". C.N.

Hi everyone. I am 58 and 3 months out from banding. Have lost about 40 lbs. I am new to here and would love to talk to others who are where I am. It is so neat to find this place. There is no support group where I live and I feel lost! lol I work out about 4 days a week so have gained some muscle. Am down from a size 26 to a 16/18. Am starting to experience some bloating and bad gas in the afternoon. Anyone else have this problem? I was so proud that I didn't have that in the beginning. Please someone....talk to me.:thumbup:

Surgery is fast approaching, 3/19. still a bit nervous since I have not gotten confirmation of insurance approval, :thumbup: everyone cross your fingers for me on that.

Can't wait to get this done and move forward. just ordered some Protein products on line and beginning my pre-op liquid diet.< /span>

congrats to all on thier weight loss..

kserafin....try Gas-X...i don't have the bloating now (i am 4 months post-op) but it helped in the beginning with the gas pains in my shoulder after surgery. Welcome to "banderland".

Have you tried your Pasta sauces over Spagetti Squash???? It is awesome, and I don't know about you but its a good way for me to get more veggies in too... Full of beta carotine too!!!

Hi everyone. I am 58 and 3 months out from banding. Have lost about 40 lbs. I am new to here and would love to talk to others who are where I am. It is so neat to find this place. There is no support group where I live and I feel lost! lol I work out about 4 days a week so have gained some muscle. Am down from a size 26 to a 16/18. Am starting to experience some bloating and bad gas in the afternoon. Anyone else have this problem? I was so proud that I didn't have that in the beginning. Please someone....talk to me.:blushing:

Kserafin

Hi and Welcome to LBT - Congrats on your lost you are doing great.. I have a little gas (toots:tt2:) but no bloating - I think a lot of us have extra gas - there is some reason but I don't know what it they are - I just accept it - it's alot better that all that fat I was carrying around:biggrin:.

This is a great place for answers and support - I do have a support group thru my doc - but like this place better it's open 24/7 and have made freinds that will last a life time..

Surgery is fast approaching, 3/19. still a bit nervous since I have not gotten confirmation of insurance approval, :thumbup: everyone cross your fingers for me on that.

Can't wait to get this done and move forward. just ordered some Protein products on line and beginning my pre-op liquid diet.< /span>

congrats to all on thier weight loss..

Lynn - You will do fine - you will be in our prayers on the 19th - I know at this point you just want it done - You are lucky that you just now have to start preop diet - some have weeks of it - I was lucky I only had 7 days and I was able to have a little high protein meal for dinner..

I have gas when I put benefiber in my Water. I notice with the band I sure burp a lot though.

Good luck to all the new people. The band is the best thing that's happened to me, other than the birth of my kids! I never thought I would ever see this weight again!

Hi Kserafin - we are just about the same. I was banded 12-3, I'm 57, and I've lost 48-50 lbs - depending on the day and time :o I don't have the gas problem - but I'm having a bad time keeping myself on track at the moment . . . hope you keep up the great work!

Chris

Has anyone seen NW Sunshine around? I haven't seen her post in a long time.

Hi Everyone, my surgery was text book, per my Dr., thankfully. I did have gas which was uncomfortable but I knew about that because of this forum. Of course my incisions are a bit tender, but that's normal also, I'd think. All in all it's been what I expected. I'm 3 days out and today when I woke up I really felt like a different person, so I guess this was my turn around day. I'm taking off work tomorrow also, I figure one more day of R&R can't be anything but a bonus.

Thanks everyone for your support and well wishes thus far, I'm very anxious to start sharing and using all the info here!

Hi Lynne731!

I'm out about ten days (March 4) and basically have no pain! Every morning I wake up and feel better and less sore. I had pretty much the same post-op symptoms as you. I am still following the post-op diet and started getting hungry several days ago, Boo Hoo! I can't wait to start the fill process. Keep in touch! SS

Has anyone seen NW Sunshine around? I haven't seen her post in a long time.

She posted on another site yesterday, but I already forgot which one!! She did say she hadn't been on in a while. Did you try to send her a PM??

I just looked it up.... the "new 60+ thread" is where she was. She was asking about the symptoms of esophageal dilation.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to be able to say now while watching others socialize eating cake Cookies, etc?

I have to learn to say know and find willpower from somewhere or I will never get to goal. It's depressing. I was good all day yesterday but caved in the evening. Then it was bad all day today. I think I need to stay in the house and not see anyone!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to be able to say now while watching others socialize eating cake Cookies, etc?

I have to learn to say know and find willpower from somewhere or I will never get to goal. It's depressing. I was good all day yesterday but caved in the evening. Then it was bad all day today. I think I need to stay in the house and not see anyone!

Well, I can tell you what to say to them..... "No, thank you. I'm allergic!" (I break out in fat!) What you tell your head is more of a challenge.

Try visualizing that..... I'm allergic, I break out in fat!!

That's a good one Phyl. Sometimes I am able to tell myself "No, that's not the way I eat anymore" but if it's a big food fest like my daughter's baby shower was, it's hard to stay away from the food for that many hours.

I need to grow a spine.