Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

REFLUX - I guess I am lucky. After getting my band I have had no issues at all with reflux, and I was miserable before.

I do have episodes of PBing and such. But I make sure I have papaya enzyme tablets handy. They have been helpful in most cases

I just have to remember and chew, eat slowly and be patient..

You are right. I have pb'd on hard boiled eggs too. Once again, I probably ate too fast.....I just had to whine. :thumbup:

Of all the bandster rules, eating more slowly is by FAR the hardest thing for me. I still work at it every time I eat, with varying success. I've got to figure out a way to beat this. Beat my old bad habits into submission? :confused_smile: I am determined to master this.

Here we go again!! Another 1.8 lbs gone forever!! Thanks Looosssiiieee!!! (band name). Total loss now is 79.2!!!

Wow, you are just a whisker away from the big 8-0! Congratulations! :confused_smile::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi, there!

Yeah, we got down here early in October this year. Weather has been great. This weekend, not so much, but for the most part, very pleasant.

Got that pain in my side again tonight... port site, I think. It lasted about an hour. Started not long after dinner. Don't know what's causing that.

Phyl...do you still have your gallbladder? What did you eat for the dinner b/4 the episode???:confused_smile:

Janet - I toook your suggestion and got my SF "treats" in the house. Now that they are there I am not tempted as much. spme reverse psychology I guess.

The werther's caramel and dove dark chocolate are very good and reasonable for calories and such. My favorite is the Protein hot chocolate mix.. :)

I will get myself on the scale the end of the week to see if I am succeeding in holding my own or even losing a bit...

I am enjoying the "relaxation" at work today after running myself ragged over the weekend..

Phyl...do you still have your gallbladder? What did you eat for the dinner b/4 the episode???:)

Gall bladder has been gone a long time. We made "fish soup" yesterday... tomatoes, Tomato puree, carrots, celery, onion and a conglomeration of different fish... some artificial crab, tilapia, shrimp, squid, etc., chili powder, curry powder, a dash of ground cilantro, Old Bay fish seasoning and a little sea salt. It's a very weird kind of pain... doesn't feel like indigestion or anything. Kind of does remind me of when I did get gall bladder pain, but it's on the wrong side, and it is pretty close to where my port is. It lasted about an hour, which is longer than before when it happened.

12_4_60.gif

was banded June 28th. Counting the pre-surgery diet I have lost a total of 24 pounds and nearly all of that was the pre-surgery diet. In the beginning I was NOT doing any extra walking or exercising. For about a month now I have added 2-3 times up six flights of stairs and recently some jogging on one of those small trampoline joggers. Nothing happening yet.

It seems recently some days I can eat ok, minus of course the foods that no longer agree with me, (chicken, steak, eggs, tortillas, bread), other days I cannot even eat oatmeal without vomiting. Those days everything I eat is so painful if I am not vomiting , I am praying to.

I am so disappointed with myself.

Don't be disappointed with yourself! Eating and living with the band is definitely a learning experience.

I would say though, if you are having trouble most days, have the tiniest amount of a defill. Once you pb in the mornings, you can have swelling which will cause problems the rest of the day. If mornings are your problems, try a Protein Drink until you are more open. If you can't eat meat later in the day, I would say you're too tight.

Janet - I toook your suggestion and got my SF "treats" in the house. Now that they are there I am not tempted as much. spme reverse psychology I guess.

The werther's caramel and dove dark chocolate are very good and reasonable for calories and such. My favorite is the Protein hot chocolate mix.. :)

I will get myself on the scale the end of the week to see if I am succeeding in holding my own or even losing a bit...

I am enjoying the "relaxation" at work today after running myself ragged over the weekend..

DH will probably be getting me some of those for Christmas (in my stocking)... maybe I should remind him!!??:frown::biggrin:

My new favorite SF treats are the SF Jello pudding snacks.. I love the Rice Pudding/Cinammon one and there's another one with an exotic name that I can't remember right now, but it's vanilla pudding with caramel sauce on top. I saw it on "Biggest Loser".

I am so hoping for 3 lb loss this week!! I want to get to that 100 lb mark so I can wear my new diamond studs! And the 100 lb shirt Janet made me for my birthday! I am so confident, I'm going to pack it in my swim bag Thursday morning before I go to face the scale!

12_10_11.gif

Anyone looking for an excuse to buy new earrings... if you have a "Piercing Pagoda" at your local mall.... all their jewelry over $30 is 1/2 price right now. I got a pair of $150 diamond studs, 14k gold for $75, and two pairs of little gold balls.. marked $49.95... half price for those too! Or, tell your "Santa" to go check it out!

Of all the bandster rules, eating more slowly is by FAR the hardest thing for me. I still work at it every time I eat, with varying success. I've got to figure out a way to beat this. Beat my old bad habits into submission? :) I am determined to master this.

Definitely the hardest for me too. And before banding I thought that sounded so easy to do. I thought all the dietary changes, etc. sounded way more complicated. I think that part is easy, but still forget sometimes and eat too fast and take too big of bites. Usually happens when I am not being mindful of my eating or am too hungry.

Can you California girls please send some warmth??? It was -18 last night and high today of only 3. Windchill is still like -12. BRRRRR I don't have my insulation to withstand this anymore, not that it would've kept me warm in this cold.

Today was the final weigh in for the Biggest Loser competition at my local rec center. Weigh ins are until 9pm tonight but as of 230pm I was still in first place and my 2 biggest competitors have weighed in, so got my fingers crossed. I heard the prize was $700, should find out tomorrow.

Also, hit 90 lbs lost!! WOOHOO!!! 10 more til triple digits and 15 more til I am out of the 200's!!!!!!! Never in a million years did I think I could say that. Went shopping today to Bass Pro Shops for DH's Christmas but got some jeans for myself. I liked the cut and fit and price, and best of all, my first 14's!!!

Sorry, Long... no extra heat here in CA today!! You'll have to hit up NYC for some warmth today!! They're getting all the warm weather for all of us today!

As you get tighter, they can become a problem. Especially if overcooked until dry. (Rubbery hard boiled eggs can do the same. Poached and soft boiled are friendlier.)

I haven't had a problem with them yet. I just had some for dinner, scrambled with onion, pepper, broccoli and cauliflower, with little bits of ham, seasoned with five spice powder and the like and a little teriyaki sauce. Yum.

Hi Orea15,

Saw the surgeon yesterday. He took a little Fluid out and said that I would stop losing weight now but should be able to sleep. I'd been under the impression that there was no fluid in the band at all since the hernia operation last month and that he wasn't going to refil until late next month. He told me a furfie (fib). Nothing has changed though, still vomited last night and was burping continuously. He's overseas for a month on holidays now so I'll just have to make the best of it. I'll get some extra walking in to try to compensate.

By the way, that recipe sounds delicious.

Best wishes.

DH will probably be getting me some of those for Christmas (in my stocking)... maybe I should remind him!!??:blushing::biggrin:

My new favorite SF treats are the SF Jello pudding snacks.. I love the Rice Pudding/Cinammon one and there's another one with an exotic name that I can't remember right now, but it's vanilla pudding with caramel sauce on top. I saw it on "Biggest Loser".

I am so hoping for 3 lb loss this week!! I want to get to that 100 lb mark so I can wear my new diamond studs! And the 100 lb shirt Janet made me for my birthday! I am so confident, I'm going to pack it in my swim bag Thursday morning before I go to face the scale!

12_10_11.gif

Anyone looking for an excuse to buy new earrings... if you have a "Piercing Pagoda" at your local mall.... all their jewelry over $30 is 1/2 price right now. I got a pair of $150 diamond studs, 14k gold for $75, and two pairs of little gold balls.. marked $49.95... half price for those too! Or, tell your "Santa" to go check it out!

Great Deal, Piercing Pagoda..here I come

No warmth here in Delaware today, cold and rainy with possible snow overnight...

Here goes another question but I think I know the answer. Last Tuesday I had a fill - it was a good bit so much so that they had to take out 1cc before I left since I couldn't drink Water. I was banded 8/25 and since then I have had no restriction that I could tell. After this last fill I had restriction! I have not been doing so well with the eating as much as I try to slow down and chew and cut into small pieces, it feels like it just sits there and I have indigestion all the time. On Saturday I felt great - ate, drank and felt full for about 4 hours and that's exactly what I want! Sunday was the worst, I started the day by vomiting my two bites of Breakfast. Do I need to have some taken out? I really like the fact that I can't eat and don't eat that much but I am not really getting in the calories or Protein that I need. So I answered my own question right?

A couple of things to consider:

1) Many bandsters at their right fill level may have trouble with solid food in the morning. Often they do a shake or a fat free latte to get in some Protein and Calcium for the day. They get their food in later in the day.

2) There is a thing called "first bite syndrome." What you need to do, is take a tiny bite, chew it well, swallow, and then wait a minute or two. See how you feel, repeat if you are doing okay. Some bands (or the stomachs they are attached to) need a little time to adjust to eating. They clamp down or something unless you ease them into it with a few tiny, well spaced bites.

Try these ideas and see if you find a way to work with your band. oh, and going to liquids for a day after you PB isn't a bad idea, either, to let your tissues settle down from the insult.

Good luck!

Orea

Orea - Great recommendations. I cannot eat anything solid until about 11:00am. I usually start the day with a Protein drink. Hot tea sometimes helps "open me up".

I feel like the band is always a work in progress!