Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OOH! A new forum!

Hello fellow forty somethings! I am in Boston, married for 23 years, mother of an 18 year old college freshmen (boy), a 15 year old son and a 12 year old daughter. I was banded in May and have lost about 62 lbs. Since the holidays I have gained/lost the same 2 lbs over and over again. I now think it is finally gone for good! Probably time for a fill! I know that if I exercised more I would be losing faster.....just hard to find the time but that is not an excuse!!! I need to get my no longer morbidly obese butt in gear!

Joyce...you will do fine, just no more cheating! I promise you it is worth it and it does get easier!

Hi Joyce - I cheated on my pre-op diet and was sweating the same thing. Whats your bmi? Some people have fattier livers then other and I think that goes with the higher bmi. I started at 40. Do like Val said, try to be very careful between now and Friday and everything will be ok. Take care hon and keep us posted.

Thanks Val and Steph for the uplifting comments. I was a mess last night! I did finally take a long hot shower with some stress relieving stuff and it made me feel better.

My starting BMI is 42 and i have about 100 lbs to lose. I do however carry a LOT of weight in my abdominal area.

The best I can do now is try to come up with some self-control and act like a grown-up and follow instructions! I'm 45 by the way--old enough to know better.

I know that everyone on here has had to deal with the same thing and that does give me comfort. But everyone else seems to be so compliant with the rules!! I'm not used to being a rule breaker.

Thanks so much for the kind words and I'll be sure to repay the favor to someone else.

Joyce

Dawnita - I'd be soooo excited if I were you to have the panniculectomy !:huh2: I am so sick of my "belly apron". You're lucky to have an insurance group to help pay for it. I'm not sure if my will or not , or if I would have the guts to go through with it. It's too bad the belly button cost so much extra. but I'd give up my belly button for a flatter belly. I've still got at least 53 lbs. to go to get to my goal, so I don't have to think about that for a while yet.

Southms45 - We'll be thinking about you this Friday ! :rolleyes2: You'll do great girl. I was nervous too and yes, I cheated a few times too . I was a fast food junkie and loved my burgers.:lol: I did make sure that I had no solid foods 3-4 days before surgery tho. I think I lost only 10 lbs before surgery, but all went well. In a few weeks you'll be feeling good and the surgery will just be a memory. I must I have kicked the fast food habit. The band and it just didn't agree. It's not worth waisting the money on it when you can eat so little or may pb what you could eat. I know that I'm a lot healthier now too. My blood pressure is normal and I'm off all bp meds I was taking. I feel so much better and know that I made the right choice having the band. Good Luck !:tt1:

Southms - glad you are feeling better. I also have the middle belly fat - I'm an apple shape - I'd die for an hourglass! I even envy the pear, with their flat stomaches.

I have a ps appointment next monday but I'm afraid he'll tell me I need to get to goal before they will do the pannectomy. These last 20 lbs are a killer. I hover around the same 2 pounds for a month and then go down and hover around the next 2 pounds... its irritating! I guess I should step it up and count the cals but I don't. At least I'm exercising again. I think if they would just cut off that flap I'd be at goal!

Southms - glad you are feeling better. I also have the middle belly fat - I'm an apple shape - I'd die for an hourglass! I even envy the pear, with their flat stomaches.

I have a ps appointment next monday but I'm afraid he'll tell me I need to get to goal before they will do the pannectomy. These last 20 lbs are a killer. I hover around the same 2 pounds for a month and then go down and hover around the next 2 pounds... its irritating! I guess I should step it up and count the cals but I don't. At least I'm exercising again. I think if they would just cut off that flap I'd be at goal!

I could have wrote this post....describes me to a T!!!!!

I actually met with the PS once, and he said he would do the pannectomy--simple removal of the pannus, but not a Full Tummy Tuck until I was at goal weight for minimally 6 months. Trying to decide what I want to do! Quick fix without the aesthetics or wait, and have it all done at once. In order to do that I have to get busy!

Mine got put off due to other surgery---and we thought at the time I may be heading for more chemo. So the PS took a back seat. Well I got good news, so now it is heating up in my head again!!!

Kat

Hi....I'm Judi. Banded on August 10, 2007. Best decision I ever made for myself! Married for 25 years, 2 children--22 year old son in grad school, 16 year daughter---high school senior. Live in Pittsburgh PA. I started a blog to help me through this journey! I'd love for you to visit with me there......address is in my sig line.

Loved reading about everyone!!!!

Judi

Hi....I'm Judi. Banded on August 10, 2007. Best decision I ever made for myself! Married for 25 years, 2 children--22 year old son in grad school, 16 year daughter---high school senior. Live in Pittsburgh PA. I started a blog to help me through this journey! I'd love for you to visit with me there......address is in my sig line.

Loved reading about everyone!!!!

Judi

Hi Everyone

I'm Melinda, 43, married 7 year to a wonderful man from England. We have 2 maltepoos, thus the picture.

I received the letter from my family Dr saying he approves me having the lapband. I'll take my packet Monday to the hospital, and should hear from the surgeon's office within a couple of weeks to meet with him. I'm nnnnervous and excited. Maybe you felt the same way about your procedure

Hi,

I'm seebs. 47 years, and, yes, been fat my entire life.

I was banded Oct 9 2007. Down 52 with miles to go. Can't wait for the PS to get rid of the apron. I've got 2 girls, 11 and 13.

Glad to see other 40 year olds doing this.

Seebs

I had my surgery friday (today is sunday) and i'll feeling pretty good. I did get sick in recovery even though they told me i couldn't throw up because i had so much anti-nausea meds in me along with the patch. i also got sick later that day after using the morphine pump. i shouldn't have even used that thing since i wasn't in any real pain.

the one thing that surprises me is that i feel hungry. i thought from reading on here that most people just aren't hungry anymore, at least for awhile. and it's hard to get full doing the liquid thing.

i'm ready to begin this long journey to success!

thanks to all who gave me encouraging words. it was a big help.

joyce

My name is Susanne, and I live in Washington, DC. I'm just starting week 2 of my preop diet and am scheduled for surgery on February 4th.

No kids or SO at the moment...just me and my cat, Shorty. I think the one positive thing about being single is that it has made it easier for me to follow this preop diet.

I'm so thankful that I found LBT - what a wealth of information and support!

Hello everyone new! This 40 thread is so nice.

I'm off to the ps surgeon this afternoon - wish me luck. I'm feeling pretty nervous. I guess I need you all to say a prayer instead of wishing me luck, I feel I have more hope with a prayer. :eek:

StephC--I will certainly be praying for a positive outcome with the PS. If only I had come that far!

I was banded on Friday and am recuperating nicely. This group was sure a big help to me while preparing for the big day.

Again, good luck and hope all goes well for you.

Joyce

hello everyone,

My name is April and I'm 46 years old. I have a loving husband of 23 years and a 16 year old daughter. Lap-banded on October 19, 2006 and have lost a total of 30 lbs. I know that's not as much as everyone else has lost in the time spam mentioned. With the lack of excercise the last two months, this may be the reason for the slow-down. I have had 7 or 8 fills over the year and currently trying to get back on track with my eating habits and excercise. With this websites support and excellent sources of information I believe I can do it.

Congrats Joyce,

I was hungry the first day also but it goes away and you will feel full faster and longer. Stick to your Dr. orders interms of what you consume and try to listen to your body to differentiate between real physical hunger and head hunger.

Good luck

Val