Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I am 9 days post-op and constantly tired, like laying around and even sleeping 10 hours a day...which is totally abnormal for me. I realize that it is from the lack of Protein. I am trying to eat it, but I simply cannot consume so much in a day. All I can eat is 4-5 times a day, and like 1-2 ounces at a time. Yesterday, I bought the Gordan's Frozen Fish Fillet's, but all I could eat was 3/4 and that is the entire day. That is 17 g. of protein. I HATE SHAKES...HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE.

Any other suggestions? Thanks-Tracey

Canned tuna has a lot of protien, one can has about 37 grams of protien in a 6 oz can.

Egg whites are another favorite of mine, but they tend to be quite filling.

My post-op instructions say to eat protien first at every meal and then if and only if you have space eat veggies, fruit and grains.

I happen to like EAS low carb shakes, the only ones I can tolerate.

Tracy, I'm sorry but shakes are the easiest way to get your Protein in or as angelsoft said, add unflavored whey protein to other items.

Honestly, you should get samples of as many flavors as you can and try each one--in Water and in skim milk because this is forever! You certainly can TRY to get in your 60 - 80 grams a day, but it's going to be very very tough.

I can't believe you are trying to eat Gorton's fish at 9 days post-op--can your pouch handle the digestion of that????? Try refried Beans with cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, eggs (eggbeaters is best), tuna salad, egg salad, canned chicken--they are all high in protein.

You are probably tired from lack of nutrition in general. You don't have an option...you have to find some new ideas to get some food in, especially Protein.

When I was early on like you I ate all the stuff Make33 mentioned. I don't like Protein Shakes either really so I had to experiment with several different brands and flavors until I found some I liked. I still don't "like" them but I need them therefore I suffer through it!

Bariatric Protein Pack

I've ordered from the site listed above. The link takes you to a Protein sample pack they sell. There's a bigger pack but if you scroll down there's a smaller pack which obviously costs less! I ordered the smaller pack and I got samples of like 12 different brand/flavors of protein shakes to try. Protein shakes are not cheap so I didn't want to waste money buying big containers of stuff I would never finish. This worked great for me and kept me "entertained" for awhile as I tried the different samples.

Easiest way I know is to drink the Ispopure CLEAR Protein Drink. Not a shake, it's clear. Not everyone likes it, but there are several flavors to choose from. Alpine punch, Apple melon and pineapple banana, blue raspberry, Grape, Orange.

Really cold over ice was best for me.

40 grams of Protein in one bottle, even just little sips all day and you'll get in a lot of protein. Don't want your hair to fall out, right?

cottage cheese, refried Beans (you can sprinkle some cheese over them, too), ground turkey, turkey lunch meat, edamame,tuna,-I don't know what your post-op diet is, every doctor gives a different one, but I was on 'soft proteins' after day 4 post-op. This assures you of getting enough Protein. We were also allowed low fat, low sugar yogurt, just during the post-op month. Some brands are quite high in protein. We were not supposed to drink any Protein Drinks and I managed to get enough protein in every day just on the soft Proteins. Hope that helps...