Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Go To Foods

What are your go to foods to keep in the house or order out? What are the foods you can no longer eat/need to steer clear of?

I can eat pretty much anything although that doesn't mean that I should. My go to food is whatever is sweet. I am trying desperately to stay away from sweet things.

I have had a little bit of beef, asparagus, pineapple, and no problems. SMALL bites and chew, chew, chew.

Once I get a fill, this might all change, but I sure hope I can always eat asparagus, I really love it.

I have trouble with fried chicken which I adore, or just any kind of meat or poultry that isn't soft or in a sauce. I have trouble with bread, asparagus, Pasta. The bread and pasta I don't miss, but I would love to have fried chicken without cutting it into fingernail size pieces. I have trouble with Chinese food - basically cause I love it and eat it too quickly without cutting it up enough.

I do real well with crackers, tunafish, taco and seafood salad that I buy already made at the grocery store. I do well with cheese and cottage cheese and any kind of soft food. Most vegetable are OK and fruit if I'm careful. I often wonder if I'm getting enough whole grains and good carbs. And of course I can get down any kind of junk food no matter what form it comes in which is such a puzzle.

I eat best my myself and have to be careful about eating with people esp. my family - kinda weird but I forget to concentrate on eating carefully when I'm watching them scarf down their food.

What are your go to foods to keep in the house or order out? What are the foods you can no longer eat/need to steer clear of?

I keep the 4oz cottage cheese cups / hummus / tuna / frozen shrimp / frozen bags of edamame / nuts / danon lite & fit smoothies around handy at all times. The only food I can't get down are crackers & some breads..which is what got me fluffy in the first place.

My go-to foods are frozen edamame (SO yummy!), nuts (mostly pistachios or pecans), and cheese. The only thing I've found that I have trouble eating is dry steamed broccoli and soft breads. And Combos, apparently, which I just found out this past week.

I always have frozen chicken breasts (Individually wrapped), frozen mild italian sausage links (individually wrapped), onions, and canned french-cut green Beans.< /p>

With those things, I can always throw together some kind of meal that I can eat, with whatever is laying around in the kitchen.

Oh and the packets of instant grits, are a staple for me. Easy quick meal for 1!

what is edamame?

Edamame is a Soybean. I take about a cup frozen / nuke them about 3/4 minutes and add salt. They are one of my favorites foods, you'll find them in any Sushi / Japanese Restaurant.

Yep, edamame is extremely yummy. I swear that they're addictive! If your grocery store has a frozen organic/health-food section, you can probably find them there.

Hard to say, Lauren may have a different explanation. But I find them to be similar to a regular Pea Pod?? but with a nutty / earthy rich flavor, salt really adds to the taste (for me). They carry so much Protein, I could eat a bucket of them daily.

One other place to find them, of all places....Super Target. Just found that out last wk, so happy since I think I live @ Target.

Our closest Target is an hour away. I am going tonight. I will have to give them a try. I really want to focus on Protein rich food but stay away from so much fat. I hope I like it as much as yall do

What are your go to foods to keep in the house or order out?

For take-out it's either Chipotle or Hot & Sour Soup.

Turkey pepperoni. I micorwave it on paper towels until it's crunchy. Fat goes in the paper towels, they go in the trash, and I'm left with a good ratio food that's tasty and works nicely as a chip subsitute. I like to dip mine in cottage cheese.

Cottage cheese. B)

Edamame - I like to roast mine until browned, or longer/lower heat until dry so they're crunchy. Makes a great snack nut.

Refried Beans. I always have a can of fat free chili/lime refired Beans in the pantry, and now that I've found refried black beans, those as well.

Soy milk. In a pinch, it will do for a meal on the go.

What are the foods you can no longer eat/need to steer clear of?
I've yet to find foods I can't eat, but some cause more discomfort than others. These include anything slimy (cut strawberries, bananas, applesauce, wet eggs, etc.), things I tend to swallow too much at once (I don't care much for chips, but I do like the Archer Farms Hot & Spicy chips... but have to go VERY slow). I've given up red meat because it's way more chewing than it's worth. I can do grapes but I either peel them or chew them up and spit out the skins. And I can do Peanut Butter, but unless it's whizzed into something, I have to be careful with it.

Hard to say, Lauren may have a different explanation. But I find them to be similar to a regular Pea Pod?? but with a nutty / earthy rich flavor, salt really adds to the taste (for me). They carry so much Protein, I could eat a bucket of them daily.

One other place to find them, of all places....Super Target. Just found that out last wk, so happy since I think I live @ Target.

Ditto. I'm not too much of a fan of other Beans, but I absolutely adore edamame. I agree that a nutty flavor is probably the best way to describe it. Very mild, but delicious!