Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blowing It With Christmas Goodies

For about 3 or 4 days while attending Christmas functions and with all the cakes, Cookies, candies and pies at work.......I've just blown my good record of staying away from sweets. How do I get back on track? Is anyone else dealing with this. I weighed this morning and for the first time, I've put on a couple of pounds. :hungry:

I need help also! I have done really well until the last week. I kept telling myself one little bite won't hurt, but I haven't lost anything all week. So I told myself that after Christmas I will throw out all the junk and get back to the gym. I am really happy with my results so far, and one beauty of the band is my cheats are small compared to last year at this time. I just don't want to ruin all the work I've done so far. It's nice to finally want to have pictures taken. Yesturday we celebrated my daughter's birthday and it was the first picture I was really happy about with me in it!

I've been doing the same thing. But I'm trying for moderation and then getting back on track after the holidays. I'm not going to beat myself up. What I am going to do is plan a little better for next holiday season. I'm up about 3 pounds and I'm actually okay with that.

If you're really trying to avoid the sweets, get them out of the house. Explain to others that they can't be there. I did that as well...made Cookies and candies, then froze them...then shipped them a week ago...out of the house.

I'm at my families place for the holiday and mom is pushing fudge Cookies etc. I'm pretty restricted at the moment...just temporary due to TOM and probably those three pounds, so I am really being careful to not get stuck. AND saving my appetite for the seafood dinner tonight. :rose:

Happy Holidays.

Wow, we are all dealing with this issue. I am a sweetaholic. Here is my take on all this. I have embarked on an eating plan for life. I am not dieting. I am changing my eating habits. My new eating habits must contain some sweets. I have had my sweets for the last week or so. I have put on 3 pounds or so I don't know exactly how many. That's fine, my weight wil be up and down forever. I don't feel badly about that at all. I've done it, now I will move on. I will make better choices, and I will move on. I am in no hurry to lose, it will come eventually. My main focus is my eating plan, and if I want a week's worth of sweets at Christmas, then that's what I'll have. So What? My clothes still fit. I am now over that eating frenzy, I have bought some precooked chicken hunks, lettuce, and tomatoes. I will be perfectly happy with salads for a while. Don't worry about the "slip up". I am allowing sweets if I want them. You have to think long term...Do you panic when a stock in your retirement plan loses value? Same thing. Don't panic. Stay calm. Let the cravings pass. We are all dealing with the same issues, however thanks to LEXAPRO, I can deal better this time around!

Now, think of my situation...I am SOOOO close to 199, I wanted to be there for Christmas. That's not going to happen due to the eating frenzy this week. I will get there in a couple of weeks, and that will be "sweet". LOL.

I got off track while out of town with my husband last week. All I ate was popcorn and candy and hot wings. SO bad but I got back on track when we returned home. I know with it being Christmas there are going to be soooo many goodies that I will have (want) to taste test. My NYR will be to get back on track and stay on track for 2008!! And hit the gym...:rose:

Me Too! Been Over Eating Big Time This Part Of The Year Sucks For Me Because Every Functions We Go To Includeds Eating Eating No Matter How Careful You Try To Be I Cant Help Myself So I Have Decided After This Holiday Season To Get Back On Track An Get Another Fill. And Get Back On Track.

Here are tips that I use:

1. Continue to exercise

2. Brush your teeth after eating sweets or anything...the feeling of clean brushed teeth keeps me from wanting to eat and gets the taste of goodies out of my mouth

3. Remember that sugar is like a drug...one bite will send you on the insulin rollercoaster and make you crave more and more. Avoid the first bite!

4. Get it out of the house (unless it's not your house, but even then I'd try my hardest to get your mom to see she's not helping you but hurting you)

It's a hard thing to deal with us, especially for us sugar junkies! But I found that figuring out a few ways to combat the situation has been a lifesaver.

Thanks for the tips. I especially like the one about brushing the teeth after the sweets. I work a 12 hour shift 3 nights each week in a computer room. That's one of my biggest problems. We have a festive table set up all through the holiday. So it's staring me in the face. I will be working tonight and tomorrow night so just a few more nights and I've got it licked. I wouldn't trade my band for anything. I also had pictures taken this year that I'm actually happy with. It's so amazing who this can affect how we feel about ourselves.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to everyone on this journey! :brushteeth:

I will always be addicted to sweets. I just ordered a book

called the Beck Diet Solution-Learn to eat and think like a thin person. I hope it helps me. It's supposed to have methods in there to teach us how to cope with all the foods we need to avoid.

It's terrible to be like an alcoholic in a bar every time I leave the house. I am fine in the house because I don't keep junk around. When I leave the house, I have no willpower when I see sweets.

I know that after the holidays, I can get back on track. I am trying really hard not to gain over this next week. Between Christmas, my friend's birthday, & new years, I have the capability to gain about 10 lbs in a week if I am not careful. It will take me a couple of months to lose what I can gain in a week.

I will be exercising my brains out but I am sure I will end up gaining something, but I have to be strong and get it off as soon as possible. I hate the guilt I feel when I eat sweets.

I have had the same problem off and on this past month. I moved home for the christmas break and it never fails when I am at home with the parents I do bad. I don't know if it is my parents or the environment, but last night at the family christmas I ate quite a bit of dessert. I am keeping up with the exercise, but I think that just helps to not put weight on.

However, this past couple of weeks I have been playing with 4 lbs. 4lbs up and 4 lbs down all week. I am SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!! I don't know if it is the TOM or if my body is trying to plateau. Mathematically I am eating and exercising the right amount to see a REAL loss, but for some reason (Water???) I am up and down and it really hurts my motivation. Don't get me wrong I am thrilled with my success and I know I am looking good, but I want to look GREAT!! and I want to wear a much smaller size and no longer be OBESE. It helps a lot to come here and vent frustrations. I know you guys understand, probably a lot more than my fam and friends. I hope everyone has a happy,healthy and safe holiday.

Wow! I'm reading your messages while eating 3 cookies! Any you know what....I don't feel guilty. It's Christmas and I've allowed myself some treats....when the last guest leaves, the stuff goes to work with me to give away or gets dumped.

I can eat 3 small Cookies now INSTEAD of a whole box....that's the great thing about the band, that's all I want...

Don't beat yourself for a little treat....just know that it's now a small treat instead of a lifestyle.

Merry Christmas All!

You guys must think I'm crazy, I'm having a lunch on Thursday at my house and invited my girlfreinds and their kids. I am taking care of the Desserts. The reason is ,because everyone brought brownies or Cookies for the last lunch I had in the summer and I had to make all the food. So I made a flan, a mango cake, gauva biscotti, and brownies. I will also make a corn souffle, spinach pie, pita bread and hummus. An also the drinks. What can I have from all of this? The spinach pie and someone is bringing vegetables. I just want my 5 year old to have his friends over. My teenagers will probably run away.

i say this..for myself and if you like it use it... i've been struggling and feeling guilty about weight all my life!! ...wishing and hoping i could lose...i'm banded since nov 28th and very happy with it..i've lost 22 lbs so far.....now at 4 weeks i have no restriction so i've been being very careful...but last night and today i said...NO WAY... i'm going to enjoy the holidays and i have...and i dont feel guilty...because i know when i wake up tomorrow ..my band is still there...and as soon as i get fills and restriction...it'll work for me.....but for the rest of my life.....if i want a lil sweet i'll have it....heck.... i'm worth it!! i got banded so i dont have to starve on diets.....MODERATION...includes sweets.....so enjoy... remember the nights you could eat the whole sleeve of chips a hoy Cookies? ? i do lol.....i'm greatful i can only eat 2 now!! ... and will be more greatfull when i feel full ... gl to all and happy holidays... the new year will be great.....ps...dont look now there's a skinny girl creeping up behind you...wait ...no...thats you ... ;)

It really is true. I ate Christmas dinner with 10 people who do not know I have the band. I was really worried food would get stuck.

I did really well and I am so full and I hardly ate anything. But I did manage to eat 3 pieces of fudge. I am glad the holidays are almost over. I hope by this time next year, food will not be the same kind of obsession.