Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas Doggies!

Longhorn

Gotta share them!

Me and Mr. Longhorn, Corky on my lap, then from left to right, Chase, Paco, Buddy, and Sparky. Yep, five of the lil darlins' in all, ranging from two to 11 years and 18 to 110 pounds! Consider this my Christmas card to my LBT colleagues! :)

ChristmasCard.jpg

LOVE IT!!!!:biggrin1: I have 4 labs, but they would never sit still long enough for a picture!

Merry Christmas!!

It's amazing what you can accomplish when one daughter is holding up treats while the other is snapping the picture. :)

Thanks!

LOL! I would try that, but I have one lab that immediately starts to ham it up when he sees either a camera or a camcorder. He repeatedly jumps about 5-6 feet straight in the air. He is such a clown!! And it would only be worse if treats were involved because he also thinks he is starving to death all the time (even though he could live off his own body fat for a month)...:biggrin1:

And I have finally met someone with more dogs than me!!:biggrin1: Do they sleep with you at night like my spoiled rotten dogs?

They used to but we were having some pack order issues after we adopted Chase last January. We have a penned off section of our sunroom which has a leather loveseat, a couple of dog beds, a large Water container, a sliding glass door for light, and a doggy door to the backyard. The three big dogs sleep there at night (and actually seem to prefer it!) Paco, the oldest, sleeps under our bed. She's earned the right. :) And Corky, the spoiled poodle mix, sleeps with us. The arrangement seems to be working out well, especially since we now get to decide when it's time to get up instead of the dogs!

I love labs! Buddy is mostly lab and Chase is lab/shepherd. Paco probably has some lab in her, too. Funny thing is, only Sparky, the Rhodesian Ridgeback, will get in the swimming pool!

How big are your dogs? I hope they don't all try to get in bed with you at the same time! :)

Love the pooches, they are absolutely adorable!!! And Mr. Longhorn is nice looking! And I have to tell you, I think you need to update your ticker cuz there isn't a chance in the world it is correct. You look about 50lbs less! Not kidding.

And is that a wooden floor in the back? Very pretty!

Wow, so many compliments, I don't know where to begin! :)

I think Mr. Longhorn is kinda cute, too. :D He's a remodeling contractor so every bit of our house has been remodeled. That floor behind us is a recycled high school gym floor. And we laid the tile ourselves. We've always had a lot of dogs so the carpet had to go!

I do look thinner in that picture than I really am. I think Corky is helping to hide me. And I'm 5'8" with a large frame (size 11 shoes!) so I can carry more weight than others. I'm only posting my official weight but my scales say I'm down to 208, a few pounds less than at the doctor's last week. That top in the picture is an NSV, though. When I first ordered it from Coldwater Creek a few months before my surgery, it didn't fit, but it fits great now! :)

Thanks for your kind comments!

Longhorn - Too cute! I'm amazed they all stayed still for that photo as well.

I'll post my xmas pups. I managed to keep the reindeer antlers on long enough to take a quick pic lol. The lower pic is my pug in his xmas sweater (that I couldn't help but give to him early).

post-224123-13813136096284_thumb.jpg

High school gym floor? I would have never guessed, it's beautiful. You are beautiful, your home, your husband, and your dogs are all absolutely perfect! Looks like you are already having a primo Christmas!

I love labs! Buddy is mostly lab and Chase is lab/shepherd. Paco probably has some lab in her, too. Funny thing is, only Sparky, the Rhodesian Ridgeback, will get in the swimming pool!

How big are your dogs? I hope they don't all try to get in bed with you at the same time! :)

It cracks me up that you said only your Rhodie (which I also love) will get in the pool, because all of my labs HATE Water. The first one, I thought it was a fluke, by the third one I was really starting to wonder. The fourth lab was a rescue lab and hunted with his previous owner, so I thought, "Finally, a lab that will act like a lab and like water!" Nope! He is the absolute worst one of all of them, if he goes outside and feels ONE raindrop on his back, he turns around and hightails it right back into the house without going potty like something it chasing him. Sigh...I think I have special needs labs.... My vet even calls my oldest lab Bailey "Jethro" with a redneck twang because he is so goofy...

I have one lab that weighs about 75 pounds and the rest weigh between 90-95 pounds. I have three black males and a chocolate female. (We stick together because we are the only chicks in the house.) And yes, there are times, especially in the winter, when they all climb in bed with us. (And we can only fit a queen sized bed in our bedroom unless we don't want any other furniture!) More often than not, my husband and I wake up with about two feet of the bed to ourselves, all contorted, while the dogs are stretched out and sleeping like babies. They are only a little bit spoiled....but they deserve it because they bring so much joy to our lives. I love my dogs.:) (And this will sound horrible, but I have wanted another one, but we had a next door neighbor who was a cranky old man and hated our dogs even though we don't let them sit outside and bark, so we didn't get another one because there is a four dog limit in our city, and we knew he would complain. Well, he passed away last night, so technically....see, I told you it was going to sound terrible!)

Lizzie,

Too cute! My dogs would never let me put a sweater on them (nor would I probably find one big enough for the chubby behinds), but they have so many cute ones out there. We were at Petsmart the other night and they had a little leather jacket with a fur collar, and a little blue quilted parka with a hood. The stuff they come up with!

I did buy a little dog sweatshirt for one of my cats once. He is always cold. He will sit up against heat vents in the winter, leaning into them. He let me put in on him but spent the rest of the day staring at me as if to say "Is this really necessary?" So....off it came.

Doesn't sound horrible at all. Sounds like an opportunity to go to the humane society. :)

I agree!! What better than to adopt a pooch in time for Christmas?

Munchkin - He actually loves that little sweater. He gets really excited when I put it on him. Probably because he knows he's going to get lots and lots of cuddles lol. A cat in a sweater? omg that would so hilarious! Oh and you should get another dog for sure =) Lots out there that need a loving home.