Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Okinbit said:

Has anyone bought the Premier Protein shakes variety packs on Amazon? If so is it worth it to try the flavors?

I definitely have and found that vanilla is my go to because I can mix it with many different skinny syrups to change the flavor or what I’m in the mood for and if I want Proffee it’s best to stick with.

24 minutes ago, ZeeGee said:

I definitely have and found that vanilla is my go to because I can mix it with many different skinny syrups to change the flavor or what I’m in the mood for and if I want Proffee it’s best to stick with.

That's a great idea! I just realized today that I am not prepared yet and that I have to get to the store. Its coming up quick!

46 minutes ago, Okinbit said:

That's a great idea! I just realized today that I am not prepared yet and that I have to get to the store. Its coming up quick!

With all the nervousness I’m sure time is flying faster than lightning. I looked up Premier Protein shake ideas on Pinterest and got a bunch of great ideas.

good luck 😊

12 minutes ago, ZeeGee said:

With all the nervousness I’m sure time is flying faster than lightning. I looked up Premier Protein shake ideas on Pinterest and got a bunch of great ideas.

good luck 😊

Thank you! You as well!

Just got my surgery date! RNY w/ hiatal hernia repair on 9/25. Anyone else with this date? This is the first time I will be having surgery since my wisdom teeth were removed in high school (I’m 44 now)

Just got my surgery date! RNY w/ hiatal hernia repair on 9/25. Anyone else with this date? This is the first time I will be having surgery since my wisdom teeth were removed in high school (I’m 44 now)

29 minutes ago, byeByOldme said:

Set for lapband to bypass on 16th Sept I’m in the UK 🇬🇧

I

Edited by byeByOldme

19 hours ago, Okinbit said:

Has anyone bought the Premier Protein shakes variety packs on Amazon? If so is it worth it to try the flavors?

I haven't bought the variety pack but I buy smaller packs of 4 at Walmart of a ton of different flavors when they're in stock. If I want chocolate, vanilla, or caramel I can buy the big pack at Sam's. My Sam's Club also just started carrying the Fairlife chocolate ones so I may get those next week when I start my liquid phase.

I can't believe how quickly time is passing by. It's just around the corner.

I lucked out because I bought BioTrust Protein Powder and didn't like it (plant Protein has higher carbs than I'd like and I think it was kinda blah) but my co-worker just offered to buy it off of me for what I paid for it which is a huge blessing. It seems like everytime I think I have a hiccup in my plan it smooths itself out. So I'm starting to stress less.

Still stressing and having some sleep issues because of it. And I keep losing my retainers and waking up grinding my teeth which is making me stress about cracking a tooth before surgery. I'm a mess. I'm an overthinking, overstressing, overexpecting mess.

Pre op diet started today and it hasn’t been too bad. I just make sure I keep drinking or grab some Jello or a sugar free popsicle when I feel thoughts of food creeping in. My dinner consisted of 1 cup of green Beans and 2 oz of chicken breast and it was actually pretty filling. 13 more days to go 🙂

On 8/20/2023 at 10:14 PM, MelBelleB said:

I'm scheduled for a sleeve on September 7th!

I'm at the point where I have tubs on my dining room table collecting supplies...eek!

I'm scheduled same day for the bypass! :)

Hello fellow September Surgery Buddies!

I'm scheduled September 7th for Bypass. I'm excited to start my new journey....in 2 weeks!!!!

13 hours ago, Tdalcourt said:

I’m getting the sleeve Sept 1! Been on liquid diet a week tomorrow. Who wants to be weight loss buddies?? Anyone want to email - mine is tammydalcourt@msn.com

Oh I'm sure you're getting really excited. How bad has the liquid diet been for you so far? I'm nervous about that part. I know how I can be so it's going to take a herculean effort not to cheat while I'm doing it.

I have a pre-op appointment today to go over everything and she'll tell me to start the liquid diet I'm sure. I was planning on starting it on Monday. I even went and got 8 oz. juice bottles from Amazon so I can divvy out what I'm allowed to have. I'm supposed to drink 4 Protein Shakes, 2 bottles of liquid IV and 16 ounces of OJ, and then whatever assorted non-caloric beverages I want over the course of a day. Looking at it spread out in a schedule like it is in my binder makes it look like a whole lot of drinking but looking at it in a small list makes me anxious because I'm afraid I'm going to starve. It's really cutting down on my sugars that is gonna be hard, I know I'm a sugar addict.

Getting nervous and excited.