Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m day 4 of VSG I still have alittle gas pains, how long did some of you have pains for?

6 hours ago, Lizrios said:

Call their answering service. Tell him you need a stronger pain medication. You can’t suffer like that!

So he said that he doesn’t recommend prescribing narcotics right away blah blah blah. Now I’m being told to try Aleve if the extra strength Tylenol doesn’t work. And if that doesn’t work, he’ll prescribe a narcotic. Hopefully it works. I understand why some docs don’t readily prescribe narcotics but I had major surgery and I’m in pain. His fear is that I’ll become dependent. So I guess I’ll have to suffer 😭😭.

On 06/17/2023 at 11:52, renae97006 said:

I’m day 4 of VSG I still have alittle gas pains, how long did some of you have pains for?

I’m on day two and the only thing that helps is walking and a little stretching

I really couldn't tell the difference between gas and pain I just knew it hurt like he'll and I went to the emergency room, now I. Zero pain 4 days out of surgery and hungry

Yea I’m still learning these new feelings. The gas isn’t that bad today on day 4. I have more energy today as well. Do you or sis you have like a gurgling sound in your stomach?

47 minutes ago, Xdiva89x said:

Yea I’ve been walking every hour and that has helped a lot.

1 hour ago, Neka87 said:

So he said that he doesn’t recommend prescribing narcotics right away blah blah blah. Now I’m being told to try Aleve if the extra strength Tylenol doesn’t work. And if that doesn’t work, he’ll prescribe a narcotic. Hopefully it works. I understand why some docs don’t readily prescribe narcotics but I had major surgery and I’m in pain. His fear is that I’ll become dependent. So I guess I’ll have to suffer 😭😭.

Exactly! My doctor tries all the products we need to use. It came up randomly in my hospital visit with him. I liked that he does that. He’s done shakes, Vitamins, Bone Broth Soups, and much more. I was amazed.

1 hour ago, Xdiva89x said:

My doctor prescribed simethicone infant drops for gas. 1.2 ml every four hours. That really helped. You can buy them over the counter.

So here we are again lol My revision from sleeve to bypass is on the 28th, and my pre-op diet (all liquids) starts on the 22nd. The first 3 days are ALWAYS the worst. Day 4 isn't too bad, and days 5-7 aren't bad at all. Those are actually pretty easy. But getting through the first 3 days...omg. That's the really hard part lol Not excited in the least about that. BUT...I'm beyond excited to get the revision and get back to my life. I miss being pain free. I miss working out (weight training, cardio, strength/core training). I miss bike riding and taking long walks. I'm so ready to get my GERD, gastritis, and esophagitis under control (GONE!! ) so I can finally hit my goal weight and move on with my life. At least this time I know what I do and don't like and am stocked up on the drinks and shakes and broths that I enjoy. Trying to figure it out the first time around really sucked lol

Hey y'all. All the power in my city is out so I'm with family in Texas. They say power will be out for a week .I have had like 30 mins of sleep. A clingy three year old on me all night, a cantankerous 19 year old with a long face, and my disabled 16 year old has been having anxiety. Oh and it's 95 degrees. I'm fine though.....still on liquid. 🤷🏾. I'll chat it up with y'all soon.

2 minutes ago, VeeJay said:

Hey y'all. All the power in my city is out so I'm with family in Texas. They say power will be out for a week .I have had like 30 mins of sleep. A clingy three year old on me all night, a cantankerous 19 year old with a long face, and my disabled 16 year old has been having anxiety. Oh and it's 95 degrees. I'm fine though.....still on liquid. 🤷🏾. I'll chat it up with y'all soon.

Omg! So sorry to hear this! I don’t know how you do it!! I just take care of me and I’m barely hanging on! Blessings dear one!

On 4/17/2023 at 12:09 AM, Mira88 said:

Congratulations…… I’m going to Mercy Hospital in Long Island

My surgery was June 12th. I went to Beaumont Hospital in Riverview MI. Had a few complications and ended up staying there for 5 days. I'm home and feeling a little better. I just hope the negative issues resolve. My cousin suggested I think of it like childbirth. You have a baby and swear that you will never do that again. The following year you forget about the pain and do it all over again with another child. I'll wait 6 months before I decide if this was the right decision for me.

1 hour ago, Lizrios said:

Omg! So sorry to hear this! I don’t know how you do it!! I just take care of me and I’m barely hanging on! Blessings dear one!

Thanks for this love. I just pray and keep pushing my friend.