Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JulieNYC's medial thigh lift, breast augmentation and mons lift

Well, folks, this is the last book of the trilogy. Tomorrow, I'm headed home to Alabama for what I hope is my last round of plastic surgery. It's at least the last major round.

In case you're new to the forum, my history is that I lost 200 + lbs in 18 months of being banded. I had a TT with BL in March 2007. After that time, much to my amazement, I lost 60 more lbs. I then had a lateral thigh lift (outer thighs) and brachioplasty just 6 weeks ago, in Novmber 2007.

Tomorrow, I'm headed home for surgery on Thursday. We're doing the inner thighs (medial thigh lift), small breast implants (when I lost the extra 60, I really lost a lot of volume -- went from a mid-D to a small :confused:, and a mons lift with a port replacement to give me a low profile port.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted as I get home from the hospital. Unclear whether that will be Thursday late or sometime Friday -- depends on how I tolerate the anesthesia this time. In any even, I'll post more from the other side!

Annie, my father is a PS, so I don't tackle the insurance issues (believe me, I know how lucky I am). If I had to guess, no, I don't think any of it would have been covered. Possibly the TT, but not likely as I had no medical complications from the extra skin.

Losing, yes, a PS can do the port replacement. Allergan will sell to them directly, as I just found out when we ordered mine last week (my backup plan was to have my uncle, who's a bariatric surgeon, order it, but we didn't have to go that route). Apparently our ports are nearly identical to ports used in other medical specialities (including breast reconstruction patents in cancer survivors who, apparently, have similar ports for something chemo related -- I'm not sure what the story is here, but Dad has no reservations about replacing the port, so I don't have any reservations in letting him, beyond my general fear of ANYONE touching my band, period.)

:help:Hi Julie - listen here girl I also went to Fielding , I am also going to Alabama to visit my son in laws family , I live here in NY and I have fat legs!!!!! Ankle up to knee - can daddy do surgery on that area once I lose the weight - always been heavier than the rest of my body - aura114@aol.com

i don't know about anyone else, but i'd love to see some pix of the whole before, during, and after product of you losing and going through the plastic surgery up to the new you!!!

give us some incentive to keep moving!

xoxo, christie

CONGRATS AND GOODLUCK!

good luck Julie you are a real inspiration

Good Luck to you, and God speed in your recovery. Get well and come tell us all the details, because as you know...inquiring minds absolutely have to know!!!! MizBoo

Good luck, Julie. I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm also considering an inner thigh lift, but if it's as rough as the brachioplasty was for me, I'm not sure I'll be ready for it any time soon.

Wishing you all the best.