Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just now, ShoppGirl said:

Ugh, I am trying to grow an orchid and I bet I have failed way more than you. Good news is if you save your receipt Walmart will exchange it. This policy may bankrupt them if they get too many people like me.

I don't grow anything. haha

1 minute ago, kcuster83 said:

I don't grow anything. haha

I guess I shouldn’t say grow. More like I get a beautiful healthy plant and bring it home and then hope and pray to keep it alive just a little longer than the last one. Lol

1 minute ago, ShoppGirl said:

I guess I shouldn’t say grow. More like I get a beautiful healthy plant and bring it home and then hope and pray to keep it alive just a little longer than the last one. Lol

We had "funeral" plants for EVER. Like they never died, sometimes not watering them for a month. We planted them in bigger pots multiple times. The last pots started to rusted and leaking on my wood floors. It was a stretch of warm so we put them outside and sure enough, that night it froze and killed them all. Good ol' MD weather for you. 70s to 30s in 5 hours.

We had some of these plants for upwards of 10 years! The newest one was even 6 years old.

Just now, kcuster83 said:

We had "funeral" plants for EVER. Like they never died, sometimes not watering them for a month. We planted them in bigger pots multiple times. The last pots started to rusted and leaking on my wood floors. It was a stretch of warm so we put them outside and sure enough, that night it froze and killed them all. Good ol' MD weather for you. 70s to 30s in 5 hours.

We had some of these plants for upwards of 10 years! The newest one was even 6 years old.

They are actually called funeral plants? Never heard of them.

They are actually called funeral plants? Never heard of them.

HAHA! No, they are plants from funerals of relatives.

Just now, kcuster83 said:

HAHA! No, they are plants from funerals of relatives.

Ooh. I was googling, looking for those plants. It seems like lily’s is the most common “funeral” plant. Maybe I should try one of those next.

Had anyone found any new tips and tricks to help with WLS journey. I found these little disposable cups on Amazon that are one ounce which is 2 tbsp. The serving side for hummus And most salad dressings. After using it I think I have been underestimating my calories for these things.

Ooh. I was googling, looking for those plants. It seems like lily’s is the most common “funeral” plant. Maybe I should try one of those next.

I really have no clue what they are. Just plants those, they don't grow flowers. 4 different kinds.

It's kind of morbid, we used to call the plants by the name of whoever's funeral they were from. "Mom" "Peg" "Grandma roots"

They are actually all from my wifes side and I think I was more disappointed they died than she was. It just became a thing.

2 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Had anyone found any new tips and tricks to help with WLS journey. I found these little disposable cups on Amazon that are one ounce which is 2 tbsp. The serving side for hummus And most salad dressings. After using it I think I have been underestimating my calories for these things.

I used the 2oz cups in the beginning but don't know. I do weigh and measure everything unless I am grabbing something on the go. I do my best to eyeball then which I test myself daily at home and I am VERY good at it.

Not perfect enough to do it souly because those .1/.2 ounces will add up. But in a pinch it is good.

2 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

I used the 2oz cups in the beginning but don't know. I do weigh and measure everything unless I am grabbing something on the go. I do my best to eyeball then which I test myself daily at home and I am VERY good at it.

Not perfect enough to do it souly because those .1/.2 ounces will add up. But in a pinch it is good.

Yea. I mostly got them because I found a yogurt Salad Dressing that I like and it’s only 45 calories for 2 TBSP. So I was going to take it with me when I go out to eat. I was just surprised how tiny that cup is. I think I have been having a couple servings. At least it’s just 45 calories though. But now I know why they say not all salads are created equal. I used to use regular ranch and a lot of it. Probably worse than a cheeseburger.

38 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Yea. I mostly got them because I found a yogurt Salad Dressing that I like and it’s only 45 calories for 2 TBSP. So I was going to take it with me when I go out to eat. I was just surprised how tiny that cup is. I think I have been having a couple servings. At least it’s just 45 calories though. But now I know why they say not all salads are created equal. I used to use regular ranch and a lot of it. Probably worse than a cheeseburger.

Oh yea, that dressing adds up FAST!

I usually use a balsamic vinaigrette, about 60 cals a serving. But sometimes I want the creamy yum too

4 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

Oh yea, that dressing adds up FAST!

I usually use a balsamic vinaigrette, about 60 cals a serving. But sometimes I want the creamy yum too

Well if you like ranch the Bolthouse farms ranch is made from yogurt so it’s only 45 calories and it’s good.

I’m three days away from surgery and I’m so nauseous from Protein Shakes and broth. I’ve been doing the liver shrinking diet since May 1st and I’m just over this. I don’t even want to drink anything but Water.< /p>

3 minutes ago, Sunshine Princess said:

I’m three days away from surgery and I’m so nauseous from Protein Shakes and broth. I’ve been doing the liver shrinking diet since May 1st and I’m just over this. I don’t even want to drink anything but Water.< /p>

Have you tried the clear Protein Drinks. Post op I didn’t like the sweetness of Protein Shakes anymore and I did much better with the Protein waters. Also, if you are allowed caffeine and you like coffee. Do yourself a favor and try the premiere protein caffe latte. It’s so good I still drink it over a year post op for Breakfast daily.

8 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Well if you like ranch the Bolthouse farms ranch is made from yogurt so it’s only 45 calories and it’s good.

There is also a brand called "bitten" that has an avocado lime dressing that is delicious! They have others too but that is the only one I tried so far. It is 50cals, also very good for sauce for homemade slaw to go on fish tacos. I use mahi mahi because I am not a huge fish person.