Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Sunshine Princess said:

I’m three days away from surgery and I’m so nauseous from Protein Shakes and broth. I’ve been doing the liver shrinking diet since May 1st and I’m just over this. I don’t even want to drink anything but Water.< /p>

You are almost there, just a few more days!

After surgery you will likely need shakes for a bit to hit your Protein goals but there are tons of different brands and flavors to try. Maybe you will find one or 2 that you really like.

YOU GOT THIS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kcuster83 said:

There is also a brand called "bitten" that has an avocado lime dressing that is delicious! They have others too but that is the only one I tried so far. It is 50cals, also very good for sauce for homemade slaw to go on fish tacos. I use mahi mahi because I am not a huge fish person.

I only like mahi too. Funny thing is I used to have to make myself eat it once a week but post surgery I like it a lot more. Sorta makes me wonder if I should try other fish again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sunshine Princess said:

I’m three days away from surgery and I’m so nauseous from Protein Shakes and broth. I’ve been doing the liver shrinking diet since May 1st and I’m just over this. I don’t even want to drink anything but Water.< /p>

Also, if you haven’t tried the unflavored Protein Powder you may do well with that post op since you don’t like the shakes. You can mix it in anything. Not Water though. It does have a taste - learned that the hard way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I only like mahi too. Funny thing is I used to have to make myself eat it once a week but post surgery I like it a lot more. Sorta makes me wonder if I should try other fish again.

ME TOO! Before surgery, I would kind of force myself to eat it but now there is no hesitation. I even eat leftovers for lunch. Before that would be trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kcuster83 said:

ME TOO! Before surgery, I would kind of force myself to eat it but now there is no hesitation. I even eat leftovers for lunch. Before that would be trash.

Have you tried other fish? I wonder if they will taste less “fishy” or if I will like that “fishy” taste now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ShoppGirl said:

Have you tried other fish? I wonder if they will taste less “fishy” or if I will like that “fishy” taste now.

I tried a bite of a friends Tilapia and didn't care for it still. It wasn't as "fishy" as I remember but the texture was too watery for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Also, if you haven’t tried the unflavored Protein Powder you may do well with that post op since you don’t like the shakes. You can mix it in anything. Not Water though. It does have a taste - learned that the hard way.

i just ordered some from Amazon! One of my friends who had surgery last year also recommended Organi, which is plant based so I ordered that to try. I've had so many of the Premier Protein shakes that they just arent sitting well anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

You are almost there, just a few more days!

After surgery you will likely need shakes for a bit to hit your Protein goals but there are tons of different brands and flavors to try. Maybe you will find one or 2 that you really like.

YOU GOT THIS!

I'm more excited than anything!!!!! I think i jst burned out on the Premier Protein shakes. I bought some Protein Water from Amazon that will be delivered today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sunshine Princess said:

i just ordered some from Amazon! One of my friends who had surgery last year also recommended Organi, which is plant based so I ordered that to try. I've had so many of the Premier Protein shakes that they just arent sitting well anymore.

If it’s cause they are too sweet I would still try the caffe latte (at least if nothing else works out that you have already ordered). I have suggested it to many people on here and they liked it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on work leave and I am bored too 🤣 today I moved into the mushy stage. My diet expanded to being able to have: fat free refried Beans, low fat ricotta or cottage cheese, and eggs 🍳 I had 2tbs of beans for Breakfast and it was way better than it should have been 🤣 I was so tired of yogurt. Days 3-6 my options were yogurt, hot Cereal. I hate hot cereal. So I ate yogurt and was over it. Moving on up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sunshine Princess said:

i just ordered some from Amazon! One of my friends who had surgery last year also recommended Organi, which is plant based so I ordered that to try. I've had so many of the Premier Protein shakes that they just arent sitting well anymore.

I used to LOVE premier before surgery, now they are too thick for me and gross me out. I might try adding milk or something to thin them out and try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

If it’s cause they are too sweet I would still try the caffe latte (at least if nothing else works out that you have already ordered). I have suggested it to many people on here and they liked it too.

And added to the old Amazon cart. Thank you again for the suggestion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

I used to LOVE premier before surgery, now they are too thick for me and gross me out. I might try adding milk or something to thin them out and try that.

I'm going to try this! The viscosity is just...eww. Like it reminds me of the slime I used to have my students make when I taught science class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, redhead_che said:

I’m on work leave and I am bored too 🤣 today I moved into the mushy stage. My diet expanded to being able to have: fat free refried Beans, low fat ricotta or cottage cheese, and eggs 🍳 I had 2tbs of Beans for Breakfast and it was way better than it should have been 🤣 I was so tired of yogurt. Days 3-6 my options were yogurt, hot Cereal. I hate hot Cereal. So I ate yogurt and was over it. Moving on up!

I am at work and bored. haha Spending my day messing around online. I am salary so I could leave, but the guy who works under me is out sick so if something important came up no one would be here to do it. So, as the dedicated awesome (time wasting) employee I am... here I sit.

I never cared for greek yogurt unless it is mixed in something for cooking. Honestly Danimals tubes were always my favorite. I w ould even freeze them for a snack. But now, too much sugar.. booo

I ate a lot of refried beans in my pureed stage. Also, egg salad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sunshine Princess said:

And added to the old Amazon cart. Thank you again for the suggestion!

They do have the 4 packs at Walmart too if you want to try them before you order a case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Songbyrd420

      Kind of nervous, as expected. One month out from surgery!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • lauren.g

      😫 Hi, I’m new to bariatricpal! I am 8 days post op VSG. I am struggling very badly. I’ve been so emotional because I feel like I’m doing wrong. I’m afraid I’ll eat or drink to fast or eat the wrong thing. I’ve been on Pinterest and YouTube constantly for help. I have followed all of my surgeons and dieticians instructions. I just don’t know if my body is getting enough. Today, I am weak, sore, and just exhausted. 
      · 2 replies
      1. Tara A

        It passes!! Everyone goes though it! It is a short term emotion! I'm almost five years post op! You made the right decision! Don't focus on the change right now. Try to entertain your mind. What your feeling only last about a week. It's related to your body adjusting and you mind adjusting. You got this!!

      2. SleeverSk

        I agree with Tara it's hard right now but it gets better do t forget your hormones will be all over the place you may even feel depressed. Be kind to yourself reach out and talk to people how you are feeling .

    • Reluctantsleever

      Scheduled for VSG and hernia repair surgery 5/18/22
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • amazingmimi

      Can't wait for my surgeon consult! June 8th, I get my surgery date!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • fourmonthspreop

      I know BMI is not the best indication of things in certain situations but I'm happy to share I'm out of the obesity class III category. I'm in class II now. Just 47 more lbs until I'm officially "overweight". Haven't been just "overweight" since I was a kid. "laughs" 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×