Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My experience… sleeved on 1/22/22

Hi all! Sorry it’s been a few days!

I’m not on the puréed stage of eating. Taking it super slow. I added some cottage cheese to my diet today. Ive been instructed to just add one food at a time.

I couldn’t eat much. Just a few bites- my book from my surgery says I should be at 1/4-1/2 a cup at a time for food. I’m definitely no where near that.

It’s officially my weekend. I only have 2 more overnights before I switch to my new work schedule :)

On 02/09/2022 at 16:39, Winnie the Pooh said:

I got sleeved on 12/9 and they found a hernia, which they say 80% have. Now I am receiving HUGE bills when I was told $9800 was a total cost. Each bill is worse and adds things never discussed or informed of.

I’m sorry you’re going thru that. However this thread is about the recovery process from being sleeved and adapting thru the food stages. Medical costs are not the place for this forum- everyone has a different situation for how their medical bills are covered. Personally I’m in the US and lucky enough to have met the requirements to have some coverage via my insurance I have thru my employment. I know there are other threads that speak to costs.

2 minutes ago, jaymecaye said:

I’m sorry you’re going thru that. However this thread is about the recovery process from being sleeved and adapting thru the food stages. Medical costs are not the place for this forum- everyone has a different situation for how their medical bills are covered. Personally I’m in the US and lucky enough to have met the requirements to have some coverage via my insurance I have thru my employment. I know there are other threads that speak to costs.

😕

First issue! I am about 10 days post op and I drank my Protein Shake too fast today. I am absolutely miserable!! Stomach ache and cramps are sooo bad. I called my doctors office and they told me I am ok and that it’s my new stomach not liking how fast I consumed the Protein shake. This is awful! LESSON LEARNED!! Lol

Hey all- sorry I have been MIA. I’m not gonna lie- I went to a dark place. This thread seemed to change from me well us sharing our experiences post sleeve to people complaining about the financial side or honesty telling me I was wrong and other pointed comments in my inbox.

So I took a break. But there were quite a few of you who are so supportive and I’m sorry I ghosted.

Here’s my update I’m almost two months (roughly a week shy of 2 months) out and down a total of 36 pounds. I go to the gym 3-5 times a week and do quite a bit of weight lifting and cardio. I feel so much better. I’m down two pant sizes which is fantastic.

Lately I’ve been having odd soreness in my lower back and shoulders so I contacted my nurse- she thought it was that my body was still holding it’s self like I had those 36 pounds still. She recommended I get a massage- hey doctors orders I’m not gonna say no to a little pampering. But honestly it worked. No longer am I sore in odd places.

I hope you all are doing well on your journey and remember every body is different with the loss. Listen to yours and your care team.

I have been MIA too but life not ppl.glad to see your still around! I was sleeved 12/22/2021 down 39 pounds today! It is much slower than I expected but ill take it!!! So i had pain too saw a chiropractor and i felt like a new human! My husband has been great at giving me massages so happy in that department but consider seeing a chiropractor that helped me the most. Even my hips and shoulders needed adjusted. Good luck!! Glad to see everyone is still around and loosing!