Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you show me your food log?



Recommended Posts

Whatever stage you're at - pre-op, honeymoon, long term - if you track, I'd love to see some food logs. I'm early in the process and I'd like to see specifically what some others end up eating in a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meal 1 (0530) (51 cal 6C 2F 2.3P)

Espresso with 5 g brown sugar and 2 oz steamed milk

Meal 2 (0745) (164 cal 4C 10.6F 13.3P)

1 slice chard and spinach crustless quiche

Meal 3 (1000) (164 cal 4C 10.6F 13.3P)

1 slice chard and spinach crustless quiche (liked it so much I ate it twice)

Meal 4 (1400) (309 cal 11C 14.7F 32.8P)

2 beef kofte (meatballs) and 1/2 cup puréed pinto Beans

Meal 5 (1800) (327.2 cal 52.2C 3.3F 20.3P)

1 serving chicken tinga

1/2 cup puréed pinto beans

60 g steamed green beans

Persian melon

Meal 6 (2030) (130 cal 24C 3F 2P)

1 serving Maria biscuits

TOTAL 1310 cal 105.1C 54.8F 97.4P - exactly within my macros per my nutritionist. I am just short of 10 weeks post-op. (Note, before someone jumps in about how that's SO MANY CALORIES—I burn at least 1000 calories a day just in exercise and physical work which I need to do, so it has to get fueled. When I was eating much less, I had no energy and no strength to do things like move hay bales. And I am still in the honeymoon of losing 4-5 lbs. a week.)

Edited by vikingbeast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't log meals. I log calories I eat in a day. I used to not do that, but the amount of stalls I have is annoying so I was trying to see if I was eating too many calories. I was. I'm not anymore lol. So Friday's log was as follows (not doing Saturday's because I was busy shopping and baking all day and although I only ate 1115 calories... that was because I skipped lunch because I'm an idiot). So yeah, Friday's:

banana (105 calories)

Light Greek Yogurt (80 calories)

2 no sugar added fudgesicles (80 calories)

Turkey Enchilada (homemade. 250 calories)

Light Greek Yogurt (80 calories)

Protein Shake (160 calories)

Tater Tot Casserole (340 calories)

Light Greek Yogurt (80 calories)

Almonds (160 calories)

Total Calories= 1335 Calories

For reference, I'm almost 22 months post-op so I'm a bit farther in my journey. I also don't drink my calories. I drink Powerade Zero's (which have no calories, no sugar, no fat, and only 2 carbs per bottle). I also round up my calories btw which is why they're all even lol. My calories for that day are probably closer to 1315-1325, but I always round up because I'm weird like that. And I've already reached my goal weight, but haven't reached maintenance yet.

Edited by NovaLuna
spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, doobie31 said:

Thank you both. You're both males in the range of where I'm starting so this is so helpful.

@vikingbeast Only 10 weeks post op - do you ever do Protein Shakes anymore?

I have a Protein Shake each day after workout, and I have a serving of collagen peptide Protein at some point in about 250 ml of Water. Unfortunately my preferred Protein Shakes, the Fairlife Core Power ones, are having supply chain issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2021 at 9:32 PM, doobie31 said:

Whatever stage you're at - pre-op, honeymoon, long term - if you track, I'd love to see some food logs. I'm early in the process and I'd like to see specifically what some others end up eating in a day.

I’m 3 years out. Been maintaining below goal weight since reaching goal at 7 months post op. I’m 5’2”, 118.2 lbs this morning. TBH, I sorta hesitated posting this, but in the interest of full disclosure, here are my food logs for the last 7 days.

DISCLAIMER: I do not recommend this type of diet for those that do not have the same metabolism as I do. Also, I don’t normally eat like this all the time! I’m just in the middle of a crap food period, which I have on occasion 😂

113C12EE-7636-49AA-8E8E-DB72212D4EE0.thumb.jpeg.9d8f648d7e6e8073ad973dd4af76a785.jpeg

20DB5F23-6643-49BB-8C56-4A0C664AEEE6.thumb.jpeg.c61aeaaf428687edf4277462d0121e80.jpeg F6733F23-EA20-466E-AFE6-94A3B68EEC6F.thumb.jpeg.6ed2ae22b255c14ef17336eecd895b7c.jpeg 2E994AE2-22A5-458C-9DE3-BCEE6ABCCFC2.thumb.jpeg.2a0a720e10b89571c11d89d7e7deb740.jpeg A19096A1-B356-4D13-8528-03728A6398C8.thumb.jpeg.dfe171ad28a61e9ca667971a7bae0653.jpeg 3A37C5C8-F8E0-43D5-9161-013F1C9755A6.thumb.jpeg.70c13019282dd9c44aa8a413342bcc9c.jpeg 12FCEE67-8B56-4630-89FA-DA2AB3F46C8E.thumb.jpeg.2342eff8ab60eb0f6967695d8788f062.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2021 at 9:32 PM, doobie31 said:

Whatever stage you're at - pre-op, honeymoon, long term - if you track, I'd love to see some food logs. I'm early in the process and I'd like to see specifically what some others end up eating in a day.

…and for comparison’s sake (and because looking at my historical food logs is one of my fave pastimes, lol) here is what my food logs looked like for 7 consecutive days at my 3 month post op mark:

623BC64A-A328-4D55-99E9-74271B5B66A8.thumb.jpeg.6ea5d6d53cd350f877cea85176eb63dd.jpeg

FCA2D8B7-2531-423C-BFB5-48DB23C8E6F7.thumb.jpeg.74e7649343f0153188300ab7496fc6e9.jpeg 4FAF4CAE-467C-4835-BF3A-C88B3118BC75.thumb.jpeg.102a805acff1f12d0676f9c89659f64c.jpeg FB517EA0-D595-4D02-B7FD-035F041D9638.thumb.jpeg.5e142ae3f58f137474684dd985bb9abe.jpeg 48F29D98-B737-4616-8CF8-A549A6A4FA39.thumb.jpeg.8f31fa01c96fd0f477e7540b62f5e639.jpeg 730FBEB3-01BB-4164-8427-8AE61E70A154.thumb.jpeg.ae5f7d1243a425f78ed21d20e8eb8673.jpeg E01F6518-A06D-4D41-A25B-5642632964F8.thumb.jpeg.9db00fe65e2f9c40e32919dd408b2b9b.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ms.sss said:

…and for comparison’s sake (and because looking at my historical food logs is one of my fave pastimes, lol) here is what my food logs looked like for 7 consecutive days at my 3 month post op mark:

Thank you very much. Feeling good on 500 cals a day! Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2021 at 8:48 AM, ms.sss said:

I’m 3 years out. Been maintaining below goal weight since reaching goal at 7 months post op. I’m 5’2”, 118.2 lbs this morning. TBH, I sorta hesitated posting this, but in the interest of full disclosure, here are my food logs for the last 7 days.

DISCLAIMER: I do not recommend this type of diet for those that do not have the same metabolism as I do. Also, I don’t normally eat like this all the time! I’m just in the middle of a crap food period, which I have on occasion 😂

113C12EE-7636-49AA-8E8E-DB72212D4EE0.thumb.jpeg.9d8f648d7e6e8073ad973dd4af76a785.jpeg

20DB5F23-6643-49BB-8C56-4A0C664AEEE6.thumb.jpeg.c61aeaaf428687edf4277462d0121e80.jpeg F6733F23-EA20-466E-AFE6-94A3B68EEC6F.thumb.jpeg.6ed2ae22b255c14ef17336eecd895b7c.jpeg 2E994AE2-22A5-458C-9DE3-BCEE6ABCCFC2.thumb.jpeg.2a0a720e10b89571c11d89d7e7deb740.jpeg A19096A1-B356-4D13-8528-03728A6398C8.thumb.jpeg.dfe171ad28a61e9ca667971a7bae0653.jpeg 3A37C5C8-F8E0-43D5-9161-013F1C9755A6.thumb.jpeg.70c13019282dd9c44aa8a413342bcc9c.jpeg 12FCEE67-8B56-4630-89FA-DA2AB3F46C8E.thumb.jpeg.2342eff8ab60eb0f6967695d8788f062.jpeg

Can you really eat a 10 oz steak?

Would love the skillet lasagna recipe!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My nutritionist recommended to use the Bariastic app when I first start my weight loss journey. I love using this app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, StratusPhr said:

Can you really eat a 10 oz steak?

Would love the skillet lasagna recipe!!

That was eaten throughout the day lol. No way I could down a 10oz-er in one sitting.

if remember correctly, i had 3 or 4 go’s at that steak that day. The attempts after the initial ordering, were eaten cold straight out of the fridge (i didn’t want to reheat it lest it got cooked more over medium rare!) Regardless, it was as still delish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • HaseenS

      Has anyone had problems with the bariatric miltivitamin? I am struggling to get them down. If they don't make me throw up, they make me feel sick to my stomach!! Does anyone do something different when it comes to vitamins?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Kris10_78

      Any tips on what I should have on hand the first week post op? 
      2 days away!!!!!
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Kaguragetshealthy_87

      What I've learned this last 2 weeks is consistent. That's I've been able to lose a pound here and there. This morning sucked it was 48 degrees but I am working on being consistent and sticking to it. Am perfectly sticking to it? Hell no but I'm working my ass off!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • newsam1154

      A bit frustrated with my surgeon's office currently. Feeling like they are leaving everyone in the dark about when surgeries will start again. Told one thing, then told to do another. GRRR! I just want to be scheduled already! 😫🤬
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Meganator

      I'm losing more than weight. Ran labs to prep for my annual exam and since my pre-op labs in September (sleeved 10/13), I've lost:
      39pts off my Total Cholesterol including... 29pts off LDL 33pts off Triglycerides 18pts off fasting glucose & almost normal range A1C is lower on low end of "pre-diabetic" range My surgeon does labs at 6 months, so this is cool info to have in the meantime!
      · 1 reply
      1. Kaguragetshealthy_87

        Good for you! 😀

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×