Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BDL58 said:

I was on Clear Liquids for 4 days post op then full liquids for 2 weeks and then soft diet for 4 weeks before transitioning to maintenance. Currently I’ve been in the soft foods stage for 4 days. Initially, I had a LOT of intestinal discomfort and diarrhea until I figured out that I am now lactose intolerance. Once I eliminated dairy products with lactose as well as the Premier Protein shakes things started to steadily improve. Taking Lactaid tablets before eating dairy helped very little, if at all. Today, for the first time since surgery, my BM was not all diarrhea. My GI tract still grumbles, gurgles and growls a lot but feels much better overall and seems to be adjusting to my “new normal.”

My lactose intolerance seems to be based on how much I consume. I was doing greek yogurt, cottage cheese and ricotta cheese during pureed but now I seem to be tolerating them less. I'm going to move away from lactose-dairy for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 2 of post op DS. Feeling very nauseous and tired. Throwing up old blood. Been walking around my hotel room and went to get my drain out today.

surgery went well. Recovery is rough! I can’t keep Water down so I’ve been eating ice chips in small amounts. I also haven’t had a bowel movement for a week!

34370FE4-E4D4-445E-9D88-49BE1E325F27.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preop testing tomorrow (go fig I have a sore throat) then next wed is surgery! Happy to hear about everyone who had or will be having surgery. Been praying for y’all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, HulaBula said:

Day 2 of post op DS. Feeling very nauseous and tired. Throwing up old blood. Been walking around my hotel room and went to get my drain out today.

surgery went well. Recovery is rough! I can’t keep Water down so I’ve been eating ice chips in small amounts. I also haven’t had a bowel movement for a week!

34370FE4-E4D4-445E-9D88-49BE1E325F27.jpeg

I feel for you! Hang in there. I am 1 week post op VSG. This liquid diet is driving me nuts! You're looking good though. Healing nicely. Be strong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Iluvbats thank you! I had two bags of IVs today, showered, and have been trying to sip more Water today. It’s taken me a whole day to eat 4 ounces of SF Jello but I do feel better. I’m having a Protein Shake for dinner.

I find sleeping at a recline on the couch has helped to keep the heartburn down.

Hope you’re feeling better too?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was the first day since surgery where I had a 'good' food day. Everything I ate was tolerated well. I got in my liquids. I had a nice diverse meal day...egg and greek yogurt with strawberries in the AM, chicken salad at lunch, homemade crab cake for dinner. Get on the scale this morning and up .8 of a pound. Really? Sooo frustrating because I had so many bad food days in the last 2 weeks during pureed and early soft food stages....learning about so many new intolerances (lactose being the biggest of them) and then I have a great food day and...weight gain. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 9:48 PM, Sarah Steiger said:

June 18th for me!!

Mine was June 18th as well! Hope you’re doing well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2021 at 5:53 AM, KayMcKay said:

Yesterday was the first day since surgery where I had a 'good' food day. Everything I ate was tolerated well. I got in my liquids. I had a nice diverse meal day...egg and greek yogurt with strawberries in the AM, chicken salad at lunch, homemade crab cake for dinner. Get on the scale this morning and up .8 of a pound. Really? Sooo frustrating because I had so many bad food days in the last 2 weeks during pureed and early soft food stages....learning about so many new intolerances (lactose being the biggest of them) and then I have a great food day and...weight gain. :(

I’m on day 4 post op. liquid diet for two weeks. I can barely drink 16 oz. I can’t wait for puréed foods.I’m salivating thinking of all the foods you ate.

I’m sure with more walking and exercise, you’ll be dropping lbs. I plan to only weigh in once a week, early in the morning. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 6 days post-op and just stumbled across this site. I've been looking around for about an hour and decided to sign up. And to think I sat at the computer to find a good stool softener for gastric bypass patients. I still don't have a definitive answer for that question (although about 30 possibilities), but now I have this resource. Funny how things work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WoWTank said:

I am 6 days post-op and just stumbled across this site. I've been looking around for about an hour and decided to sign up. And to think I sat at the computer to find a good stool softener for gastric bypass patients. I still don't have a definitive answer for that question (although about 30 possibilities), but now I have this resource. Funny how things work.

my surgeon put me on Miralax packs and colace 2 times a day. So far so good im 10 days post op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just doing a quick check in. I'm almost 3 weeks out of surgery. I went from 265 down to 251 and then hit a stall which I've had for nearly a week and a half. Hoping it's breaking as my weight finally went down by .4lbs today instead of just being the same freaking thing. I started using the Baritastic app at the recommendation of a friend and am loving it so far. Have also been trying to be better at eating at least 3 meals a day instead of just two and Protein Shakes. I'm trying to focus on getting my calories up a bit while hitting my Protein and Water goals. I will say that with the buffer time (30 minutes before and after) for drinking, paired with how slow I'm eating, it feels like I'm constantly eating. That being said, I'm still only getting in around 800 calories a day max. So that's a really surreal thing for me, to feel like I'm eating all the time, but still only be eating around 800 calories.

I did have one instance where I ate too fast and threw up as a result. Throwing up was also a really interesting sensation. There was no stomach acid, so what came up was basically what went down plus some saliva. Not pleasant but not as bad as pre-surgery.

Hopefully everyone is doing well and recovering without much issue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SunnyinSC said:

Just doing a quick check in. I'm almost 3 weeks out of surgery. I went from 265 down to 251 and then hit a stall which I've had for nearly a week and a half. Hoping it's breaking as my weight finally went down by .4lbs today instead of just being the same freaking thing. I started using the Baritastic app at the recommendation of a friend and am loving it so far. Have also been trying to be better at eating at least 3 meals a day instead of just two and Protein Shakes. I'm trying to focus on getting my calories up a bit while hitting my Protein and Water goals. I will say that with the buffer time (30 minutes before and after) for drinking, paired with how slow I'm eating, it feels like I'm constantly eating. That being said, I'm still only getting in around 800 calories a day max. So that's a really surreal thing for me, to feel like I'm eating all the time, but still only be eating around 800 calories.

I did have one instance where I ate too fast and threw up as a result. Throwing up was also a really interesting sensation. There was no stomach acid, so what came up was basically what went down plus some saliva. Not pleasant but not as bad as pre-surgery.

Hopefully everyone is doing well and recovering without much issue!

Glad to hear you're getting on okay, I know what you mean about feeling like you're constantly eating or drinking! I haven't quite got my head around the baritastic app yet - what main functions do you use it for? I think my phone blocks the reminders (really helpful!).

I am 2 weeks out today, gone from HW 246 SW 235 to CW 226. Have settled on 3 meals a day now with Protein Water in between, am hit and miss with my water goal (MUST IMPROVE!!) but doing well with protein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, baripals!

I'm a 56-year-old woman with a BMI of 50 & I'm having my RNY gastric bypass tomorrow, JUNE 30TH. Eek! I am so, SO excited.

I'm 5'4" & currently weigh 275.5lbs but my start weight before the pre-op liquid diet was 290lbs. While I have severe sleep apnea & a family history of ovarian cancer, I do not have high blood pressure nor diabetes. My only medication is for recurring major episodes of depression & dysthymia following a childhood & adolescence of psychological & sexual abuse.

I have always used food to stuff down negative emotions & stresses & have been learning, through therapy, to find other means to express myself & vent my feelings. I'm really looking forward to changing my lifestyle & getting fit & healthy for myself & my family (hubby & two sons, 21 & 19, & future daughter-in-law, 21).

If you'd like to connect with me (& I'd certainly like that), you can find all of my socials pinned in the banner of my YouTube channel & find my email on the channel's About page. I wish everyone success with their surgeries & new lives. Blessings to you all for great health & happiness!

Edited by Aliyah Whole180
added date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/29/2021 at 13:48, Aliyah Whole180 said:



Hello, baripals!



I'm a 56-year-old woman with a BMI of 50 & I'm having my RNY gastric bypass tomorrow, JUNE 30TH. Eek! I am so, SO excited.



I'm 5'4" & currently weigh 275.5lbs but my start weight before the pre-op liquid diet was 290lbs. While I have severe sleep apnea & a family history of ovarian cancer, I do not have high blood pressure nor diabetes. My only medication is for recurring major episodes of depression & dysthymia following a childhood & adolescence of psychological & sexual abuse.



I have always used food to stuff down negative emotions & stresses & have been learning, through therapy, to find other means to express myself & vent my feelings. I'm really looking forward to changing my lifestyle & getting fit & healthy for myself & my family (hubby & two sons, 21 & 19, & future daughter-in-law, 21).



If you'd like to connect with me (& I'd certainly like that), you can find all of my socials pinned in the banner of my YouTube channel & find my email on the channel's About page. I wish everyone success with their surgeries & new lives. Blessings to you all for great health & happiness!





https://www.youtube.com/embed/e7b4vqzXDNg?feature=oembed


Hi there, good luck tomorrow! You will be fine! Our stats are close......I am also Canadian 😁 all the best !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Kee-Kee

      Hello my name is Kee-Kee I'm new to the group, I'm almost a month post-opt. My biggest struggle now is eating to same thing over and over again. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Kanika katyal

      A Deep Dive into Modern Coffee Brewing: Siphon, Pour-Over and Automatic Brewers
       The rise of the automatic coffee brewer has added another dimension to this brewing renaissance. As more enthusiasts seek the perfect coffee brewer online in India, understanding these methods becomes paramount.
      Read more: https://kitchenappliancesestore.weebly.com/blog/a-deep-dive-into-modern-coffee-brewing-siphon-pour-over-and-automatic-brewers

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • NickelChip

      I'm checked into the hotel near the hospital and just had my last protein shake of the day. My mom has kindly gone down to the restaurant alone so as not to make me die from watching her eat dinner. Checking in at the hospital tomorrow at 10:50am. So ready!
      · 1 reply
      1. BeanitoDiego

        Pulling for ya!

    • Clueless_girl

      6 wks post surgery, had to go back to the hospital to replenish potassium levels. STILL struggling with abdominal pain and nausea. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

      Six months pots-op as of yesterday. I celebrated with a HIIT class where I was challenged to do a wall-assisted handstand. I truly thought there's no way in hell that I can get up there. Well... I proved myself wrong. The instructor said, "Just try getting one foot up there." I tried and it was so easy, that the other foot went up, and the next thing that I knew, I was standing on my hands with my legs up in the air, leaning against the wall.
      Last weekend I challenged myself to a 10-mile hike, and I was SURE that my legs would be non-functional that night and the next day. But that didn't happen at all.  But I did learn that I need a new hiking boot or shoe. I've got a goal of walking the Portuguese coastal route of the El Camino later this year, and I good shoes will be essential.
      I've hit another weight loss stall, but that's to be expected. I am so close to my goal already that if it does take 6 more months to get that last stone off, that's okay with me. And I am building muscle, so that stone may never move. S'alright friends, s'alright.
      · 1 reply
      1. Bypass2Freedom

        Congratulations! I bet that felt awesome to achieve! 😄

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×