Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long is it taking you guys to finish one Protein Shake?

2 hours ago, SunnyinSC said:

I had my surgery June 8th, so I'm 9 days out. The last time I weighed myself was 2 days before surgery and I was 265, as of this morning I am 252 so have lost around 13 lbs in 9 days. That being said, I did not have to do a pre-op diet (I actually gained a little weight going up to surgery because I did some food funerals), and they sent me home on a pureed diet. So a good chunk of that, for me, is most likely Water weight.

Please don't compare yourself to others, I know that's easier said than done, but truly each surgeon, person, and plan is different. Some people hold in all the IV Fluid from the surgery for longer than others, some lose quicker, and so on. Just stick to the eating plan your surgeon provided and the weight will start coming off. If you're worried, you could also call your nurse/dietician/whatever resource your hospital has provided, and just check in. I'm sure they get a lot of similar questions.

Thank you SO SO SO much. ❤️ I know in all aspects of life, it is best to never compare ourselves to each other. Its all going to work out, gonna use my tool and things will happen in their own time. Huge hugs from California.

5 minutes ago, mramjohn said:

I was drinking them WAY too fast at first so I try to take 30/40 minutes to drink it and it has helped a lot. I don't feel the fullness with liquids really, so I need to slow way down in order to tell if I'm full or not. Just drinking chocolate Premier Protein shakes atm.

On 06/17/2021 at 17:28, Morachia said:

I was drinking them WAY too fast at first so I try to take 30/40 minutes to drink it and it has helped a lot. I don't feel the fullness with liquids really, so I need to slow way down in order to tell if I'm full or not. Just drinking chocolate Premier Protein shakes atm.

It’s taking me at least an hour and a half. I’ll try setting a timer to at least finish in 45 mins. Thank you

On 06/17/2021 at 10:09, Darcie J. said:

Hi, how are you feeling?

I was feeling great. Had a minor set back. I think it is related to my reflux, but I also forgot my incentive spirometer at the hospital. Started experiencing shortness of breath with exertion. Went to the ER yesterday and have a mild pleural effusion. They gave me a incentive spirometer to take home. Thank you for asking

26 minutes ago, mramjohn said:

20 days after surgery, I can drink on in 15 minutes or less. I think that's faster than I'm supposed to be drinking them, but it doesn't seem to give me any problems.

19 hours ago, Morachia said:

I know I need to be patient...

But I'm curious, for those a week out from their surgeries, have any of you lost weight yet? I haven't lost anything and I'm 8 days out.

I know my body is still in trauma and is healing, but I hear of people losing weight immediately. I guess I'm paranoid I'm doing something wrong lol.

I know everyone recovers differently. I've lost 14 pounds since June 7th ( surgery). Did hiu call your Dr and see what they think?

4 hours ago, mramjohn said:

I was feeling great. Had a minor set back. I think it is related to my reflux, but I also forgot my incentive spirometer at the hospital. Started experiencing shortness of breath with exertion. Went to the ER yesterday and have a mild pleural effusion. They gave me a incentive spirometer to take home. Thank you for asking

Oh no.. I hope your doing better? Yes, must exercise those lungs after a surgery. Well, just take it easy and rest. Sending positive vibes your way 🤗

I finally had my surgery on June 8th and up until today I have been energetic and optimistic. When I woke up today (Day 9) I felt lousy. I was freezing and hot at the same time. I was queasy and nothing tasted good or even edible. My stomach itches and burns. I can't get comfortable in any position. Most of all I am stressed out because I can't seem to get enough Protein and enough fluids in one day.

Help Me!!!! I'm losing it! I have been crying all day despite my families support. They have no idea what i'm going through.

22 minutes ago, LadySunshyne said:

I finally had my surgery on June 8th and up until today I have been energetic and optimistic. When I woke up today (Day 9) I felt lousy. I was freezing and hot at the same time. I was queasy and nothing tasted good or even edible. My stomach itches and burns. I can't get comfortable in any position. Most of all I am stressed out because I can't seem to get enough Protein and enough fluids in one day.

Help Me!!!! I'm losing it! I have been crying all day despite my families support. They have no idea what i'm going through.

Hello,

Take a deep breath. It's ok 🤗 This is scary. Have you've called your drs. Office and see what they think?? And your skin could be just in the healing phase. Will get itchy when healing. My wound areas are a little itchy also. Your hot and old, do you have a fever? The Protein part can be tough- do you like the shakes- can try changing flavors too. Don't worry sweetie- you'll be fine. I would definitely call your Dr and talk to them about what's going on. Hang in there. Everything will all work out. 🤗❤️

On 06/17/2021 at 22:44, LadySunshyne said:

Sorry you are having a crappy day. In order for me to get my Protein requirements I add unflavored protein to my Soups and I drink protein Water. You may want to ask you r MD or dietician if you can. I start my day no later than 7 am in order to pace my day with protein and Fluid requirement. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Had surgery on June 4th. Been on pureed foods for 7 days. I am measuring all of my intake but every time I eat anything I get a dull ache and discomfort in my stomach. I'm taking 30 minutes to eat 2.5 ounces of food and haven't had any nausea or vomiting...just recurring stomach pain/discomfort any time I eat. Any tips on what I'm doing wrong? Oh and the constipation is totally a thing. I'm on Miralax powder every day and Colace 3 times a day and I'm on day three without going. Ugh.

Hello,
Take a deep breath. It's ok [emoji847] This is scary. Have you've called your drs. Office and see what they think?? And your skin could be just in the healing phase. Will get itchy when healing. My wound areas are a little itchy also. Your hot and old, do you have a fever? The Protein part can be tough- do you like the shakes- can try changing flavors too. Don't worry sweetie- you'll be fine. I would definitely call your Dr and talk to them about what's going on. Hang in there. Everything will all work out. [emoji847][emoji3590]

Thank you for the encouragement. I don't have a fever and it's not as bad today. It hurts to cough, burns like crazy. All in all I feel better today.

Sent from LadySunshyne using BariatricPal mobile app