Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! And thanks for your good wishes! I hope you're recovering well & managing to stay cool during this heatwave. I am SO glad I felt air conditioning in the hospital when I went for pre-op testing last week.

Please feel free to keep in touch; I'd love to know how you're doing. Blessings to you for health & success!

Sure! It was very rough at first that’s for sure! Once I got past the Constipation I was great! LOL I am missing food also ......craving salt since the shakes are all so darn sweet ....my name is Charlene if you have any questions feel free to ask me

Nice meeting you, Charlene!

Once you're off the liquid & pureed diets, you'll be able to have something salty, won't you? I certainly understand the cravings, that's for sure. I'm missing salmon & salads right now but it's only temporary so we'll get there.

Thanks so much for reaching out & welcoming me here. ☺️

2 hours ago, Aliyah Whole180 said:

Hello, baripals!

I'm a 56-year-old woman with a BMI of 50 & I'm having my RNY gastric bypass tomorrow, JUNE 30TH. Eek! I am so, SO excited.

I'm 5'4" & currently weigh 275.5lbs but my start weight before the pre-op liquid diet was 290lbs. While I have severe sleep apnea & a family history of ovarian cancer, I do not have high blood pressure nor diabetes. My only medication is for recurring major episodes of depression & dysthymia following a childhood & adolescence of psychological & sexual abuse.

I have always used food to stuff down negative emotions & stresses & have been learning, through therapy, to find other means to express myself & vent my feelings. I'm really looking forward to changing my lifestyle & getting fit & healthy for myself & my family (hubby & two sons, 21 & 19, & future daughter-in-law, 21).

If you'd like to connect with me (& I'd certainly like that), you can find all of my socials pinned in the banner of my YouTube channel & find my email on the channel's About page. I wish everyone success with their surgeries & new lives. Blessings to you all for great health & happiness!

Good luck!!😊

17 minutes ago, Shrink&Grow said:

Good luck!!😊

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! 🤗
And I see you recently had your surgery. I wish you well & hope this will be a fantastic for you!

Edited by Aliyah Whole180

13 minutes ago, Aliyah Whole180 said:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! 🤗
And I see you recently had your surgery. I wish you well & hope this will be a fantastic for you!

Thank you Aliyah - I need to update my profile! Enjoyed your video, I look forward to seeing your progress.

2 minutes ago, Shrink&Grow said:

Thank you Aliyah - I need to update my profile! Enjoyed your video, I look forward to seeing your progress.

I'm looking forward to your progress, too. Take good care of yourself!

6 minutes ago, JessieShips83 said:

Tomorrow morning at 7am is the big day 😃😱

Same for me! May all go well & smoothly & may you have a full & speedy recovery, too!

Ok so today marks officially 15 days since my surgery, I started soft food today, I had cottage cheese and a mashed banana for Breakfast and some apple cinnamon oatmeal for dinner with a Protein Shake for lunch. Everything is going good so far and I'm down 16lbs since surgery and 50lbs in a month. No regrets and everything is going as it should. I'm super excited to see what happens with me and everyone else after their surgeries! we got this!

6 minutes ago, Erica B said:

Ok so today marks officially 15 days since my surgery, I started soft food today, I had cottage cheese and a mashed banana for Breakfast and some apple cinnamon oatmeal for dinner with a Protein Shake for lunch. Everything is going good so far and I'm down 16lbs since surgery and 50lbs in a month. No regrets and everything is going as it should. I'm super excited to see what happens with me and everyone else after their surgeries! we got this!

Thanks fantastic, Erica! I'm glad you're doing so well & you're on to soft foods. Yay!!! I wish you tremendous success for the year ahead.

On 06/29/2021 at 20:34, Aliyah Whole180 said:

Same for me! May all go well & smoothly & may you have a full & speedy recovery, too!

Aliyah many blessings to you and speedy recovery as well. Cheers to our new journey! 🙏🥰😃💃🎉

I’m up in July. Couple of questions.

Were you able to change into you own nightgown? Did you have an IV overnight? Did you have an IV while walking around to release gas? Did you shower at the hospital? Did you abstain from Water prior to surgery?

Thank you in advance!

@laurenantics I had my surgery 6/8. I was not to change into my own nightgown if I wanted, but I actually just put shorts on under their gown and put a robe over to walm around. I had an iv in until discharge. To walk around I had to push the iv pole with me. I did no shower bc I was only there over night, but showered as soon as I got home. I drank slot of Water prior to surgery. The morning of surgery the surgeon required me to drink a regular 20oz Gatorade 2 hrs before arrival. Good luck to you! It’s not easy, but definitely worth it! Your asking great questions!

I’m up in July. Couple of questions.

Were you able to change into you own nightgown? Did you have an IV overnight? Did you have an IV while walking around to release gas? Did you shower at the hospital? Did you abstain from Water prior to surgery?

Thank you in advance!