Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

I started Puree today. No issues eating. I stuck to the recommended portions. dinner, I only ate about 2/3 off what was in my bowl - I of course chose the Ricotta Bake. (Breakfast 1 scrambled egg, 1/8 cup oatmeal - I was full after that, lunch 2 oz Tuna) Augmented by 2 Premier Proteins. (Assuming I get thru the second one later tonight). I’m 17 days post op. Start soft next Thursday for 3 weeks.

I used the Baritastic timers for drinking before/after.

Ahhhh! 2 days in to puréed stage…. I’m cutting up a rotisserie chicken for my kids and I just couldn’t resist…. a nibbled on two pretty decent size pieces of the chicken skin! I did chew it thoroughly (I wanted to have that taste in my mouth forever [emoji38]). Didn’t feel sick or anything afterwards but when I looked it up my God the Protein is at least high but the fat is thru the roof. I caved! This soon! I had to confess. I drank a ton of Water afterwards and just made my last meal of the day a little bit of Soup with Protein Powder added. Ugh I’m disappointed in myself [emoji17]. I won’t go off the rails or anything I just needed to have a taste [emoji17] any encouraging words??
I think as long as we recognize where mistakes are made we can improve! Good luck [emoji846]

Sent from my moto e using BariatricPal mobile app

May 14th HW 2 weeks before surgery 280, SW 269 day before. Last Sunday 243.

I am following a generic plan they give all there patients. 1 week Clear Liquids, week 2 full liquids week 3 puree and week 4 soft food.

I was craving hot cheetos, I just licked a whole bag. I have honestly regretted this since the second week I miss food so much , I miss enjoying food with my family every Sunday like we used too. I have cried alot.

So close to hitting 20lbs down. At 3 weeks post-op I’m down 19.6 from my weight prior to the 2 days clear fluids before surgery. (I don’t know my weight on day of surgery as they did not weigh me)

I’m not a higher BMI (36.3 pre-surgery) so a little shocking to me that I have lost so much in the first month. I have 100% met (exceeded) my Protein & fluid goals. Protein Avg is 88g. So, the question now is when will the infamous stall hit…

On 6/17/2021 at 4:33 PM, Andy W said:

Surgery May 20th, 28 days ago, and down 20 lbs post surgery and 45 lbs total. Looking forward to solid food next week. Plenty of ideas on what to avoid, but looking for 1st solid meals to Celebrate (safely!)

Awesome! Whatever you decide to "celebrate" with, be sure it is protein-based, moist (don't try eating dry foods) and very small portions. I've found that my tastes have changed dramatically, and foods I love and looked forward to eating don't taste good. In some ways this is a benefit since I don't feel like "cheating." In any event, start slowly and stick with the Protein first then veggies, fruits (go slow) and maybe hold off on complex carbs for another couple weeks.

Just checking in. On Wednesday it will be four weeks post surgery. For the last week to ten days I have been in the “stall”. I have just plugged along through the two weeks of puréed food and look forward to shifting to soft food on Wednesday. I can tell my stamina is returning and am comfortable with the loss of weight so far. The scale dropped a pound yesterday so I am hopeful that the stall may be shifting to loss again! 29 pounds gone is still great even with the pause! So far I have not had any foods disagree with me. I also have not had any nausea or feelings of food being stuck in my throat. For all of this I am thankful!

Sorry dropped the ball there-2 month post op-1st month clear liquids which got very tiring then 2nd month full liquid now just started puréed/soft food which is a whole lot better-doing ok only 1/4 to 1/2 cup depending what it is-it hasn’t been to bad-pain after surgery was tolerable-exercising is not my game but doing some Walking stretches with bands-thanks for reading

Today is my last day of pureed foods and I move to soft foods tommorow. One thing that I noticed on the worksheet i have that i noticed is that I am allowed to have whole grain crackers on my soft food phase. Has anyone else been given that type of guidance for soft foods and if they have what type they would recommend?

Surgery was may 10. I feel like I have gotten my life back. I have had no issues, other than calibrating the poop factory part. I have had several non-scale victories: fitting into clothes that have been boxed for a couple years, fitting into the bath tub, less foot aching, played tennis with my 9 year-old, played frisbee with my family, I walk daily and love it, etc. I have consistently loss each week. I miss salad. (I am on soft foods--apparently I can't have raw veggies until 3 months our). My chewable vitamins are my deserts. I feel very good about so much, but my mind won't let me feel totally secure--I fret over what life will be like three years from now. To safeguard from that eventuality I simply follow doctor's orders. I think of myself as being somewhat disabled...no I can't have that, or that, or that.... But perhaps that is a way to look at it. My body wants to be fat. That's my disability I live with.

2 hours ago, dwells6192 said:

Today is my last day of pureed foods and I move to soft foods tommorow. One thing that I noticed on the worksheet i have that i noticed is that I am allowed to have whole grain crackers on my soft food phase. Has anyone else been given that type of guidance for soft foods and if they have what type they would recommend?

I was able to graduate from puréed to soft foods today. My program allows for 3 saltines in the soft food period. I am excited about that as it will be nice with tuna or chicken salad!

2 hours ago, dwells6192 said:

I start soft tomorrow too 😁 No crackers on my program, but I have heard of that with other programs (ie to add to soup) I have 3 weeks of soft foods. I can almost get 4oz in per meal, sometimes only 3 (depends what I’m eating) Between meals, Water, water, water! I can’t have caffeine 😭 So, after Breakfast (…and the requisite 30 mins) I have a Decaf vanilla hazelnut coffee with high Protein milk & 1/3 -1/2 Premier Protein shake & Benefibre.

2 hours ago, MistySkye said:

I start soft tomorrow too 😁 No crackers on my program, but I have heard of that with other programs (ie to add to soup) I have 3 weeks of soft foods. I can almost get 4oz in per meal, sometimes only 3 (depends what I’m eating) Between meals, Water, Water, water! I can’t have caffeine 😭 So, after Breakfast (…and the requisite 30 mins) I have a Decaf vanilla hazelnut coffee with high Protein milk & 1/3 -1/2 Premier Protein shake & Benefibre.

Premiere Protein makes cafe latte that you may like as well. The ready made ones have caffeine in them but the powder form does not. Just as another option.