Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

5 weeks post-op and I hit 25 lbs lost since 2 days pre-op. I started on the lower BMI side, so that puts me just 40 away from my initial goal.

I am a little over 5 weeks out and I finally hit my stall. I stalled with weight loss all of week 5 and so far into week 6 still at a stall. I have increased my walking to about 3 miles a day total. Preop weight was 302. SW: 281 CW: 257. Hopefully the stall is temporary. Currently eating about 800 calories a day and around 80-85 avg gms of Protein daily.

1 minute ago, dwells6192 said:

I am a little over 5 weeks out and I finally hit my stall. I stalled with weight loss all of week 5 and so far into week 6 still at a stall. I have increased my walking to about 3 miles a day total. Preop weight was 302. SW: 281 CW: 257. Hopefully the stall is temporary. Currently eating about 800 calories a day and around 80-85 avg gms of Protein daily.

WOW, you're doing great! I am a lil over 6 weeks out too (almost 7, actually) and only lost 34.9! You lost 45 in a shorter period of time. Awesome! I hit a plateau around week 2/3-ish that lasted like 12 days. Now the entire past week I seemed to have stalled again. Not sure why I'm having so many so soon when I have a LOT to lose still. I'm sure you'll be moving again soon. As will I. It sucks though when you're doing everything you should and it's going slow. I get it. Congrats!!!

I had my surgery on May 18th. How is everyone feeling that had it done in May?

1 hour ago, SummerTimeGirl said:

WOW, you're doing great! I am a lil over 6 weeks out too (almost 7, actually) and only lost 34.9! You lost 45 in a shorter period of time. Awesome! I hit a plateau around week 2/3-ish that lasted like 12 days. Now the entire past week I seemed to have stalled again. Not sure why I'm having so many so soon when I have a LOT to lose still. I'm sure you'll be moving again soon. As will I. It sucks though when you're doing everything you should and it's going slow. I get it. Congrats!!!

Thanks! Seems like you are doing well as well. I was anticipating a plateau but figured it would have happened a week or two ago. I am wondering if I am in my calorie target for 6 weeks out. I keep hearing from some that 800 calories at this stage is not enough calories since i have picked up my walking and hopefully when I meet with the surgeon on the 14th I get cleared to lift again. I just don't know how I can get anymore right now.

14 hours ago, dwells6192 said:

Thanks! Seems like you are doing well as well. I was anticipating a plateau but figured it would have happened a week or two ago. I am wondering if I am in my calorie target for 6 weeks out. I keep hearing from some that 800 calories at this stage is not enough calories since i have picked up my walking and hopefully when I meet with the surgeon on the 14th I get cleared to lift again. I just don't know how I can get anymore right now. 

No calorie goals were outlined for me in my program until I got to the regular food stage. Then my binder info says to keep my calories UNDER 1,000 a day UNTIL I reach my goal weight. I told the dietician last week that I get around 600-800 a day depending on what I'm eating. She said that was fine and as time goes on I will reach closer to the 1,000 limit. So based on what she told me, sounds like you're plan is similar to mine and you're doing the right thing. Everyone's plan is different.

Hope everyone is doing well, I had surgery on May 11th but have ran into a bit of complications. First being a “contained” leak that I started feeling worried about two weeks ago. Now shortly after, experiencing daily nausea episodes where I can’t hold much down. Going to see NUT & Surgeon tomorrow to see what is really going on… been a rough week so far.

Sorry to hear that! I hope they get it all figured out and help you sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, juliemcc0312 said:

I’m sorry to hear that. How did you know you had a leak?

Went to the ER once I started feeling kind of ill and not myself. They ran a CT with contrast ..

On 6/27/2021 at 9:40 AM, SherrieLackings said:

Hey All, I am 7-weeks post op. No complications, no issues, extreme energy.. the works. I hate that I waited so many years to finally have this procedure. One drawback for me has been that my taste buds are so different. NOTHING tastes good to me. NOTHING. I could no longer swallow the Protein Shakes so I began making my own from scratch. After only a few swallows my new stomach is full and I find myself rinsing the remainder down the sink. I have tried my favorite dishes and foods of the past but the textures and taste will keep me slim and trim for the remainder of my life. I look at it this way: I have consumed more than a small nation during my lifetime of eating! I will not miss anything at this point! I am happy and grateful and determined to have a healthy remainder of life. The best to all of you on this journey!

Ditto all the way around. food tastes SO different and it can be a challenge to find options that meet my needs and aren't revolting. But holy moly am I glad I had this surgery! Thanks for sharing and best to you as well!

Today marks 8 weeks since surgery for me. For the most part I'm feeling good, down about 30lbs since surgery and 50 overall. I'm still having some fatigue especially in the mornings it's a struggle to get moving. I don't get bloodwork done to check my Vitamin levels until August so I guess I'll have to wait and see if anything needs to be adjusted. I'm finding I can eat most things without issue. The restriction seems like it's kicked up a notch the past two weeks or so. I've vomited a few times just because the last bite was one too many and it comes back up. I had a rough day following the 4th of July. On the actual day I did pretty well eating and staying hydrated but I was chasing after my son and on my feet for a large portion of the day so that night I totally crashed and even the next day felt like I was hungover despite no alcohol. I think maybe I just wasn't hydrated enough for how active I was plus being outside. I'm hoping to start incorporating some more exercise but I'm definitely lacking energy and motivation in that department. I'm still super pleased with the surgery thus far and happy with how things are progressing.

Hi! I'm enjoying reading where everyone is so I will check in too -- I had surgery on 5/20 so I'm about 7.5 weeks out. The worst part about this for me has been no caffeine. I'm really looking forward to being cleared for step 4 which includes caffeine allowed at my appointment in about a week. I'm also really missing wine but I think I need to stay away from alcohol for as long as possible.

I'm 50 lbs down overall (355 to 305ish -- I lost a LOT during the 3 week liver-shrink) and about 25 of that is post-surgery. I'm definitely noticing that it's easier to move around and my clothes are looking different on me, which has been great.

In terms of taste, shredded cheese tastes a little weird to me, milk is disgusting, and butter tastes a little... off. I'm really interested to know if I'll dump/if I can ever have sugar again, but I'm not going to mess with trying something until I hit the step 4 diet.

I'm REALLY stressed out about the Hair loss that people say starts at around 4 months. But the only way out is through..... and it'll be worth it. I'm just worried I'll have bald spots!!!!! 😧

I can’t have caffeine until 3 months post-op 😢 At least I was only 2 cups a day, I have replaced with Decaf (which I mix with premier protein)

26lbs down, I’ll be 6 weeks post-op on Monday. Start “regular” diet Thursday. I’m still in the 3-4oz range per meal. Started strength workouts again (I use Apple Fitness+)