Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

JFC. There’s no need to gang up on me. The entire tone of her post TO ME was incredibly smug and really unnecessary with the “i guess it’s a good motivator “ being the nail on the chalkboard.
But enjoy your journeys, ladies and gentlemen. I’ll look elsewhere for support.
I've been on this site about 2 years now and I'm not a person who is on any social media or Facebook because I don't like all the drama. One reason I stay here is because everyone is so supportive and helpful and there has not been any drama or bickering until I saw your reply to Arabesque. While I can understand that it could be taken as smug, I've seen countless posts from her and she has NEVER been smug or condescending to anyone and has always been helpful. It's hard on the internet to assess someone's tone or intentions. Knowing all the posts I've seen from her, I really think she was just trying it offer something interesting. I heard the same thing about 7000 steps the other day.
I don't think anyone ganged up on you. They were just trying to let you know that Arabesque wouldn't act that way.
I have found her to be one of the most knowledgeable and supportive people on here.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

15 hours ago, Sunshine Princess said:

I've attempted to reply to this in so many ways but I'd be banned. Have the day you deserve.

I’m sorry you read my post in a way that offended you @Sunshine Princess . That wasn’t my intention at all. It was simply sharing an interesting fact I’d recently stumbled across & that it’s an interesting example of the power of advertising. And, regardless of the fact 10 000 steps started as a marketing plan, I think it’s a good motivator.

Again, as I said in my post, congratulations on your achievement.

On 05/27/2022 at 13:59, Sunshine Princess said:

I've attempted to reply to this in so many ways but I'd be banned. Have the day you deserve.

WTAF? @Arabesque just shared some interesting research and also congratulated you. Any offense taken was entirely of your own invention. I’d encourage you to spend more time here and see how truly supportive the regulars, such as @Arabesque are. Great information and encouragement is provided on a regular basis, should you be receptive to it.

9 hours ago, mizzkp said:

New nsv for me is feeling lighter on my feet. Just being able to stand in my heels for a longer period of time and noticing that my feet are not hurting.

Good for you. I am so jealous. Even at 179 I can’t handle heels. I guess I am lucky I am on the taller side cause I can Only wear them if I am going just to dinner or somewhere I will not be walking too much in them. My husband laughs at me because I just collect them even though I rarely wear them. Lol

Bought my first real pair of cowboy boots because my calves fit! Huge NSV
Ignore the mess lol Screenshot_20220601-232943_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

A couple of NSVs that have me happy in the past few weeks. First, I haven't taken metformin since surgery, and my A1C is 5.3. Woo hoo! I'd been concerned but seeing that number made me really happy. Secondly, I had my cardiologist check in today, and my echocardiogram is looking a little better! We'll see where we are in a year, but he is really happy with my progress. We may even need to drop my blood pressure medication again. The third one happened today at the pool. I managed to get out of the pool using one of the ladders instead of the steps. That was an exciting and unexpected win!

I painted my toenails by myself. Meaning, for the first time in YEARS, i could bend over and reach my feet to paint my toenails.

I have NEVER, ever in my life worn smaller than a large, even at my thinnest. Back when I was this weight ok the 90sb I think sizes were a little smaller than they are now. I bought some shorts recently at Walmart and I got large. They fit OK but are big around the legs. I really liked them though so I went back for more and got a medium. I thought there is no way these will fit and I was shocked that they're perfect. A MEDIUM. Even if it is vanity sizing, I'll take it! I have never worn a medium anything in all my 50 years!

32 minutes ago, STLoser said:

I have NEVER, ever in my life worn smaller than a large, even at my thinnest. Back when I was this weight ok the 90sb I think sizes were a little smaller than they are now. I bought some shorts recently at Walmart and I got large. They fit OK but are big around the legs. I really liked them though so I went back for more and got a medium. I thought there is no way these will fit and I was shocked that they're perfect. A MEDIUM. Even if it is vanity sizing, I'll take it! I have never worn a medium anything in all my 50 years!

Congratulations! I refused to take the tag off of the pants I wore the other day. My husband asked if I was really going to wear it out with the tag still on and I said absolutely!!! They ran huge… 1-2 sizes bigger than everything else I own, but I was still thrilled. I even made him take photos of me pointing to the tag (haha).

Congratulations! I refused to take the tag off of the pants I wore the other day. My husband asked if I was really going to wear it out with the tag still on and I said absolutely!!! They ran huge… 1-2 sizes bigger than everything else I own, but I was still thrilled. I even made him take photos of me pointing to the tag (haha).
That is awesome! You rock that tag!!!

My mind has still not caught up to my body. While I do fit into some 3xl shirts now, I still buy 4xl... even though I've dropped 120lbs. To be fair, most of my 4xl stuff that fits now are the Nike Pro athletic cut wicking shirts that run small. They never fit before. But, Its still weird. However, I am committing to ordering my new work shirts as 3xl and one as a 2xl just to try on occasionally.

Great job! You’ll get there faster than you think. I started out as a big 2X last June. Today, one year later Instill can’t wrap my mind around the fact that I’m wearing size 6.
SIX.
I can’t even….😳🥰