Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

New one. My upstairs office and hobby space is seeing increased usage by me. It's not a pain to go up so I don't hesitate anymore. Score.

I am experiencing new NSV victories every day! 🤗

Yesterday, dh and I went to the beach…he has to find a new boat slip. I walked around the cutest little town (3000 steps) and did not have to sit and get my breath because of that damned hiatal hernia. 🎉🎉🎉🎉

THEN, we went to the beach! On memorial day weekend I couldn’t take 3 steps without being short of breath. Yesterday we walked on the beach for 1 mile and I didn’t Have to stop at all. Additionally, usually on any walk prior to surgery, my heart rate would be 138 when exercising to my max, and now I only get to 116!
I am beyond thrilled! My surgeon told me I would absolutely be able to run again after recovering. 🤗

Today my family had a picnic/reunion at a state park that has a lot of trails. My son went with my aunt and cousins to check out a creek so I followed. The decided to walk the trail which was 3 miles. Now this is in the woods and hilly, rocky terrain, so I had no idea how different 3 miles is on a trail like that and it took us like 2 hours. It was also almost 100 degrees and very humid here today. I hiked that whole trial and I was never winded! I can't believe it.. I ended up getting 13,000 steps! The first time I went to my bariatric surgeon I was winded walking down the hall to his office. I just can't believe how good I feel! I have asthma and it was so bad before I lost weight and I wouldn't have been able to breathe with the exercise, especially combined with the heat! It's crazy!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, STLoser said:

Today my family had a picnic/reunion at a state park that has a lot of trails. My son went with my aunt and cousins to check out a creek so I followed. The decided to walk the trail which was 3 miles. Now this is in the woods and hilly, rocky terrain, so I had no idea how different 3 miles is on a trail like that and it took us like 2 hours. It was also almost 100 degrees and very humid here today. I hiked that whole trial and I was never winded! I can't believe it.. I ended up getting 13,000 steps! The first time I went to my bariatric surgeon I was winded walking down the hall to his office. I just can't believe how good I feel! I have asthma and it was so bad before I lost weight and I wouldn't have been able to breathe with the exercise, especially combined with the heat! It's crazy!

🎊🎈🎉Congratulations!!!🎉🎈🎊

That is quite an accomplishment!

🎉🎉🎉YAY YOU🎉🎉🎉

11 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

I am experiencing new NSV victories every day! 🤗

Yesterday, dh and I went to the beach…he has to find a new boat slip. I walked around the cutest little town (3000 steps) and did not have to sit and get my breath because of that damned hiatal hernia. 🎉🎉🎉🎉

THEN, we went to the beach! On memorial day weekend I couldn’t take 3 steps without being short of breath. Yesterday we walked on the beach for 1 mile and I didn’t Have to stop at all. Additionally, usually on any walk prior to surgery, my heart rate would be 138 when exercising to my max, and now I only get to 116!
I am beyond thrilled! My surgeon told me I would absolutely be able to run again after recovering. 🤗

Wowww congrats so happy for you Marianne👏👏👏😊 Can't wait to get this surgery done so I can experience all these wonderful things as well😁😁😁😁😁

4 minutes ago, Merill said:

Wowww congrats so happy for you Marianne👏👏👏😊 Can't wait to get this surgery done so I can experience all these wonderful things as well😁😁😁😁😁

Merill: I cannot wait till you get to experience all these amazing things! I was so focused on the surgery, I gave little thought to the wonderful changes i could expect afterwards. I feel like my old self…from like 25 years ago.

I am experiencing new NSV victories every day! [emoji847]
Yesterday, dh and I went to the beach…he has to find a new boat slip. I walked around the cutest little town (3000 steps) and did not have to sit and get my breath because of that damned hiatal hernia. [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]
I am beyond thrilled! My surgeon told me I would absolutely be able to run again after recovering. [emoji847]
Congratulations! That is amazing! Isn't it such a great feeling to be able to do things that were so hard before!? [emoji4]

2 hours ago, STLoser said:

Congratulations! That is amazing! Isn't it such a great feeling to be able to do things that were so hard before!?

I am so thankful! I hope everyone gets this amazing experience !

Last week I wore a dress without shorts (first time in ten years) and no chub rub whatsoever! 🤩

I crossed my legs the other day, and the heel of the leg I crossed knocked up against the calf of my other leg. I had not realized my legs had been too fat to cross properly. Made me smile..

I am now below the maximum weight for modern office chairs, exercise equipment, and pool floats.

I am not sure this is a "victory" but, sooo much hair in my butt crack!

To elaborate: I don't mean my butt has grown hair. haha When I shower, there is always a wad of hair stuck between my butt cheeks.

I assume my ass has gotten smaller so the crack is not squeezed a tightly shut allowing for hairs to be grabbed on the way down. hahah

(PS: I have not been loosing anymore hair than normal, so I know it's not that)

I am not sure this is a "victory" but, sooo much hair in my butt crack!
To elaborate: I don't mean my butt has grown hair. haha When I shower, there is always a wad of hair stuck between my butt cheeks.
I assume my ass has gotten smaller so the crack is not squeezed a tightly shut allowing for hairs to be grabbed on the way down. hahah
(PS: I have not been loosing anymore hair than normal, so I know it's not that)

Too funny! All the hair had disappeared from my nether regions until I lost weight. It's back now. [emoji51]