Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

Yeah I am the same was a 2XL now a small. I look at my jeans hold them up and think no way they will fit me but they do even had a shop assistant give me a size 8 shirt I said that won't fit but it did 🤪.I still find it hard to get use to.

My mind has still not caught up to my body. While I do fit into some 3xl shirts now, I still buy 4xl... even though I've dropped 120lbs. To be fair, most of my 4xl stuff that fits now are the Nike Pro athletic cut wicking shirts that run small. They never fit before. But, Its still weird. However, I am committing to ordering my new work shirts as 3xl and one as a 2xl just to try on occasionally.
I understand. I was a 5 or 6x, and it's still hard to believe I'm a large (or medium!). Sometimes when I'm buying clothes I feel like a total imposter and I'm shocked when they fit!
It takes a while for our mind to catch up with our body!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

18 hours ago, Sunshine Princess said:

I painted my toenails by myself. Meaning, for the first time in YEARS, i could bend over and reach my feet to paint my toenails.

I do this now too, it saves money to be able to take care of your feet by yourself.

4 hours ago, LaTiaV said:

I do this now too, it saves money to be able to take care of your feet by yourself.

Me too, I can also wax my bikini line myself too 😆😆

I bought a beautiful leather jacket twelve years ago in a size 8. When my surgeon asked me about my goal I honestly couldn’t give him a number, I said I just want that jacket to fit.

IT FITS!! 😄😄

16 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

Me too, I can also wax my bikini line myself too 😆😆

Super brave wow. You know when the ouch is coming. Torture on the highest scale

So, I was in Greece for a family vacation and we had a private food tour with just my parents (who are "average" sized) and we were discussing with the guide life in Greece, and she mentioned that recently there are kids in Greece who are fat and this is a real problem that the doctors are worried about. After the tour, I mentioned to my parents that I wondered if I was still really fat would she have made this comment, and my parents said they had wondered the same thing! I now "pass" for a "normal" person!

I know this is a common one but im particularly excited about it because I distinctly remember being 340 lbs and watching these "progress" videos of other women with towels wrapped around their body, showing how they gradually start fitting into bath towels as they lose weight and I remember feeling so sad and discouraged...like I didn't have it in me to get there too. I'm traveling and in a hotel right now and to my surprise this is the first time a regular "hotel" towel has wrapped all the way around my body without a humongous gap exposing my side and stomach. I am so happy about this I can't even explain it. It just confirms it for me that I can have the things I want, that I deserve them too and am just as strong to fight for them.

Photo: the first picture is from just a week preop, the second is from today. Yes...I had to censor my booty cheek lol that whole blue part is the towel that didn't close and that towel is bigger than this one I have here.IMG_20220607_212956.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

6 hours ago, fourmonthspreop said:

I am so happy about this I can't even explain it. It just confirms it for me that I can have the things I want, that I deserve them too and am just as strong to fight for them.

I think you did a marvelous job explaining it. Made me happy all over just to read those words. Congratulations!

I feel like I am posting a lot on this thread lately, but I feel like in the past month I've noticed tons of changes that make me say: wow, I have lost over 100 lbs!

I have found myself crossing my legs. I don't do it often, but occasionally I find myself doing it and I am like WTF!

I tried on a pair of boots that never quite zipped up, and I managed to get them zipped even with leggings on! Granted they are still super wide boots because my calves are really sturdy, but I will take any boots zipping up as a huge win. This would not have happened a year ago.

I also managed to fit back into some concert shirts from the early 90s - looking at you Pink Floyd, REM and U2! They are not quite able to be worn out of the house, but they are now getting much closer and I think they will fit by the end of the summer. So freaking happy about this!

10 hours ago, fourmonthspreop said:

I know this is a common one but im particularly excited about it because I distinctly remember being 340 lbs and watching these "progress" videos of other women with towels wrapped around their body, showing how they gradually start fitting into bath towels as they lose weight and I remember feeling so sad and discouraged...like I didn't have it in me to get there too. I'm traveling and in a hotel right now and to my surprise this is the first time a regular "hotel" towel has wrapped all the way around my body without a humongous gap exposing my side and stomach. I am so happy about this I can't even explain it. It just confirms it for me that I can have the things I want, that I deserve them too and am just as strong to fight for them.

Photo: the first picture is from just a week preop, the second is from today. Yes...I had to censor my booty cheek lol that whole blue part is the towel that didn't close and that towel is bigger than this one I have here.IMG_20220607_212956.jpg

It's not common at all - it is a big deal! I got excited about my beach towel fitting around me. I will be doing cartwheels when a hotel towel fits around me again. 🙂

4 hours ago, Queen ApisM said:

I also managed to fit back into some concert shirts from the early 90s - looking at you Pink Floyd, REM and U2! They are not quite able to be worn out of the house, but they are now getting much closer and I think they will fit by the end of the summer. So freaking happy about this!

Yes! Faith No More shirt with Jim still in the picture lol. All the weird one offs, like Ugly Kid Joe and Faster Pussycat. Plus clothes just looked different back then. I have a denim hoodie from the 90's, and the younger crowd I work with are always asking where to get Bugle Boy 😂

Honestly, new clothes hasn't been too exciting. Seeing all the old stuff that I barely used is where the fun is. Glad I tossed them in the attic... OH! NSV! I can use the pull down stairs for the attic again!

25 minutes ago, Edge13 said:

Yes! Faith No More shirt with Jim still in the picture lol. All the weird one offs, like Ugly Kid Joe and Faster Pussycat. Plus clothes just looked different back then. I have a denim hoodie from the 90's, and the younger crowd I work with are always asking where to get Bugle Boy 😂

Honestly, new clothes hasn't been too exciting. Seeing all the old stuff that I barely used is where the fun is. Glad I tossed them in the attic... OH! NSV! I can use the pull down stairs for the attic again!

I have to agree on the new clothes being unexciting. The styles right now are blech, at least where I am shopping. I fit back into a denim jacket from the early 2000s and I am so happy. Not sure it is "in" but I don't care, I love it.

Yes! Faith No More shirt with Jim still in the picture lol. All the weird one offs, like Ugly Kid Joe and Faster Pussycat. Plus clothes just looked different back then. I have a denim hoodie from the 90's, and the younger crowd I work with are always asking where to get Bugle Boy [emoji23]
Omg! Faith No More!!! One of my all time favorites!!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app