Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

6 hours ago, FutureSylph said:

I've often thought this. Not only clothes, but Protein Shakes, too. (Can you tell I have a huge stockpile of shakes that taste nasty to me now?)

Oh I gave away a case of those nasty things. I wanted to drink them post-op, but just could NOT.

I've often thought this. Not only clothes, but Protein Shakes, too. (Can you tell I have a huge stockpile of shakes that taste nasty to me now?)
Lol I found that fair life is the best for me and the chocolate is great heated up like hot chocolate but yeah I've gone through a bunch. My husband ends up drinking them though.

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 05/09/2022 at 01:29, Tina 2.0 said:

Tami, Re #1, the rings. Windex works so much better than lotion. It sounds crazy, I learned that at a jewelry store years ago. I have used it since then and it really works better than anything else.

Hope your list continues to grow w/ NSV!

All I could think of was the movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding!” Lol

On 5/9/2022 at 12:23 PM, summerseeker said:

Ouchio, me too. I have to sit on one cheek and then the other

Me too - really noticed this over the last couple of weeks - I thought there was something wrong with my office chair!

Also bath sheet wrapping around me completely with an overlap.

And the tiniest sliver of light between my mid-thighs even when I press my legs together.

Amazing what encourages people, isn't it? :99_muscle:

Edited by Spinoza
site didn't like my original word

I'm only a week out, but I was taken off all my diabetes and blood pressure meds the day I had my surgery, and I have to check both twice a day now to watch for any indication I need them back. As of today, literally 20 minutes ago, my blood sugar is 119 and my blood pressure is 128/76!!!!!!!!! So it looks like I'm holding steady completely off those 3 meds!!!!! Massive happy dance going on here :D I have been on blood pressure meds since 2010 and diabetes meds since 2009. This is AMAZING!!!!!

Yesterday, I had to go get a medical test and was filling out the forms. When I got to the weight part, I wrote "385" and was going to move on to the next section, before my brain synapses fired and I realized I wrote the wrong number and needed to change that 3 to a 2! I've written that 3 in front of my weight for so long, it just became a habit... one I need to break because the 300s were 15 lbs ago. It was very satisfying to scribble out the 3 and make it a 2. 🙂

I’ve always entered a room, store, get together, etc and felt like everyone was staring at me because I was so heavy. It was constantly in my mind. Now that I’ve dropped from 2-3XL sizes to M-L sizes, it’s never a concern. It feels like a “weight” has been lifted and I’m free from the paranoia.

This is huge for me. I haven’t walked this many steps in quite a while. I have so much energy and I’m only four days post op.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

I went to my son's Field Day at school today. I haven't been in 2 years because of COVID. A mom came up to me that I used to talk to all the time before COVID but we lost touch. She came up to ask if I was with my son because she was trying to find his mom. I was like, it is me! She couldn't believe it! Last time I talked to her I told her I was getting wls but that was in 2020. She said she kept saying to her husband that maybe it was me, but he said no that's not her! She finally decided to just come over and ask. Lol
I mean, I see a difference in my self after losing 202 pounds, but so many people don't recognize me and it's crazy. I don't think I look that different, but apparently, I do.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

I went to the dentist yesterday and the hygienist just... put the arms up on the chair. I fit in the chair!

5 minutes ago, wnm27577 said:

Hello Everyone, I’m new here. I had DS on 04/15/2022.

Hello and welcome. If you do a search you should find a thread for April surgeries and you can meet up with people at the same stage as you. Just click on the magnifying glass up top and type In April. You should see the 2022 surgery people there. I would paste the link but for some reason it’s not working.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Yesterday, my son wanted to look for insects in the back yard and I went outside with him. While I was out there, I jumped on his trampoline! Now, I'm 50 years old and have a bum knee, so it wasn't the acrobatic jumping I could do in my younger days, but the fact that I could do it at all, and that I'm well under the weight limit for the trampoline is quite a victory for me, and I felt like a kid again!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

I hit 10k steps twice this week. I could not hit that twice a year before surgery.

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg