Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

12 hours ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Took my kids to theme parks on vacation and there was never a single concern that I wouldn’t fit on the rides. They had to have a person step off the ride due to his weight and I felt so bad for him. Wondering if you’ll be able to get the bar down is such a horrible feeling.

We were just riding the kiddie rides because my children are young but it was amazing that I was able to take them there and not spend any mental energy on worrying about fitting. Also it was hot but I wasn’t a sweaty mess, nor did I lose energy halfway through the day! And the pictures of us on vacation are nice family photos without me trying to hide behind walls or people.

This touches my heart! I love roller coasters. I got too big a long time ago to ride them and unfortunately found out the hard way. I had to get off because the bar wouldn't lock. Then I lost a ton of weight, like 150 lbs. Was in a size 14 pants (6ft tall) and decided to try again with my brother in law and the ride operator had to still smash the bar down on me... I was like WTF!!!! i did fit, but then I ended up gaining all the weight back!

Now almost back to that size, I am just too afraid to try again! Some rides have the seats at the entrance to see if you fit,if no one is around I will try them and then get on but I will not get into line without knowing for absolute sureness that I will fit! UHG!

One day I will reach the point that I just don't care and go for it, and I fit and can stop worrying about it!

Congrats to you!!!

On 7/5/2022 at 3:38 PM, DaisyAndSunshine said:

It's such a bizarre feeling when you get called "gorgeous" after so many years 🤷🏻‍♀️

I had someone I hadn't seen for 17 years comment, you still look hot in jeans. I thought to myself you wouldn't have said that a year ago, in fact a year ago I would have been to ashamed to have met up with him

On 7/5/2022 at 1:38 AM, DaisyAndSunshine said:

It's such a bizarre feeling when you get called "gorgeous" after so many years 🤷🏻‍♀️

Absolutely better than they “you have such a pretty face” comment.

2 hours ago, kcuster83 said:

This touches my heart! I love roller coasters. I got too big a long time ago to ride them and unfortunately found out the hard way. I had to get off because the bar wouldn't lock. Then I lost a ton of weight, like 150 lbs. Was in a size 14 pants (6ft tall) and decided to try again with my brother in law and the ride operator had to still smash the bar down on me... I was like WTF!!!! i did fit, but then I ended up gaining all the weight back!

Now almost back to that size, I am just too afraid to try again! Some rides have the seats at the entrance to see if you fit,if no one is around I will try them and then get on but I will not get into line without knowing for absolute sureness that I will fit! UHG!

One day I will reach the point that I just don't care and go for it, and I fit and can stop worrying about it!

Congrats to you!!!

I am a coward, no way I am getting in those rides. Not even if I ever fit in them again.

29 minutes ago, LaTiaV said:

I am a coward, no way I am getting in those rides. Not even if I ever fit in them again.

Awww. You have a better chance of getting hit by a car than something going wrong on a roller coaster!

1 hour ago, kcuster83 said:

Awww. You have a better chance of getting hit by a car than something going wrong on a roller coaster!

😁 I like to see the floor at my feet and the sky above my head. I have done it, under protest, and the happiest moment is when the ride is over.

Enjoy the rides brave souls!!

3 hours ago, LaTiaV said:

Im with you. I HATE roller coasters. I basically just join who im with to line up with them, then i cross over to the platform to the other side of the cars to wait near the exit till they’re done 😂

Edited by ms.sss

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Im with you. I HATE roller coasters. I basically just join who im with to line up with them, then i cross over to the platform to the other side of the cars to wait near the exit till they’re done 😂

I agree I don’t enjoy them either. Great idea to just wait with them till it’s time so you don’t end up missing out on all the good conversation while they are in line though. Never thought of that.

On 7/8/2022 at 1:59 PM, ms.sss said:

Saaameeee. I'm scared of heights and things that go fast. Strangely, I love flying, which is actually what I'm doing right now.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:20 AM, kcuster83 said:

Does your insurance pay for them? If not, do you mind me asking how much they cost?

Go to GNC, most of them have an InBody Scan Machine. That is what all the ladies the do Bootcamp with my daughter use.

Went for an abdominal ultrasound today (first one since losing the weight), and it was actually pleasant compared to what I remember going through the last time.

That time i felt like the technician was pushing that wand into me so hard that it was practically disappearing into my stomach. This time it was more like a slimy massage. Coulda laid there all day.

P.S. Was there to get images of what I suspect was hernia i gave myself from doing some overly-enthusiastic yoga a couple days ago. It had popped back in eventually, but doc wanted to take a look just in case.

On 7/9/2022 at 12:28 AM, LaTiaV said:

I'll never set foot on one again either, not because I'm nervous of them, but because I only have to think about spinning in a circle to get motion sickness. Learned that the hard way trying to be a "good auntie" and taking one of my then little nephews on the spinny-cup ride twenty years ago. My regret was immediate and powerful. 🤢🤡

1 hour ago, Smanky said:

I'll never set foot on one again either, not because I'm nervous of them, but because I only have to think about spinning in a circle to get motion sickness. Learned that the hard way trying to be a "good auntie" and taking one of my then little nephews on the spinny-cup ride twenty years ago. My regret was immediate and powerful. 🤢🤡

Oh those spinning teacups are the worst I too have had a very bad experience on those and that was the last time I ever went on a ride.

2 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

Oh those spinning teacups are the worst I too have had a very bad experience on those and that was the last time I ever went on a ride.

Yeah, it's the longest minute ever!

Edited by Smanky