Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

On 7/15/2022 at 2:02 AM, ms.sss said:

This time it was more like a slimy massage. Coulda laid there all day.

Slimy massage 😂😂😂

My ring size is a 6 now, which seems so tiny to me! I was a 10.5 at my highest weight, which is bigger than my husband's fingers and he is 6'10"!. My wedding rings need to be resized but I'm waiting until I'm sure this will be my final size.
I can't wait to see how my rings look on my "tiny" fingers!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

As of today, I have officially dropped a full clothing size!!!! The scale isn't moving again (hello stall #2) but I dropped from a size 26/28 to a size 22/24. WHAT??!?! I literally cried. I can't believe I'm sitting here in size 22/24 clothes. Right now.

I also went out to dinner with my husband last week and we sat at a booth and my stomach wasn't smooshed against the table. I had space there!!! Again...WHAT?!?!?

As of today, I have officially dropped a full clothing size!!!! The scale isn't moving again (hello stall #2) but I dropped from a size 26/28 to a size 22/24. WHAT??!?! I literally cried. I can't believe I'm sitting here in size 22/24 clothes. Right now.
I also went out to dinner with my husband last week and we sat at a booth and my stomach wasn't smooshed against the table. I had space there!!! Again...WHAT?!?!?

Fitting into a booth is the best, isn't it! We could no longer sit in a booth at my highest weight and I am so happy to sit there again with so much room!
Dropping a clothing size is awesome!!!

I was running after a special needs student and my body didn't scream at me before, during and after. I was out of breath at the end but even that wasn't as bad as it was 50lbs ago.

Also moving around in general. I lay on a doctor's table now and my arms fit beside me, I don't have to tuck them under. I can get up from the couch without scooting to the edge and then grunting like Aughra from the Dark Crystal when I go to get up.

22 hours ago, STLoser said:

My ring size is a 6 now, which seems so tiny to me! I was a 10.5 at my highest weight, which is bigger than my husband's fingers and he is 6'10"!. My wedding rings need to be resized but I'm waiting until I'm sure this will be my final size.
I can't wait to see how my rings look on my "tiny" fingers!

I never thought about losing weight on my fingers during the process which was a bit odd because I knew my fingers had got fatter with the rest of me. As a tip, I had a couple of rings I couldn’t get resized down enough to fit my smaller fingers because of the detailed work on the shoulders & how the ring was set. I got them reduced to as small as they could go & then bought some of those clear spiral ring resizers from Amazon. That way I can still wear the rings without fear of them slipping off. Also helpful while waiting to get your rings resized too.

I never thought about losing weight on my fingers during the process which was a bit odd because I knew my fingers had got fatter with the rest of me. As a tip, I had a couple of rings I couldn’t get resized down enough to fit my smaller fingers because of the detailed work on the shoulders & how the ring was set. I got them reduced to as small as they could go & then bought some of those clear spiral ring resizers from Amazon. That way I can still wear the rings without fear of them slipping off. Also helpful while waiting to get your rings resized too.
I never even thought about the possibility of my rings not being able to be sized down enough. That's good to know. I do have some of those spiral ring sizers just in case.
Thank you!

This was the moment I was overwhelmed by my sheer hard work and all I’ve accomplished: fitting absolutely PERFECTLY into an airplane seat. I was so excited. When I was first considering WLS, I said I just wanted to be able to do something as simple as being comfortable and able to move down the asile without bumping shoulders along the way.

I actually cried when we took off. I was a huge moment for me.

6 hours ago, SoCalEm said:

This was the moment I was overwhelmed by my sheer hard work and all I’ve accomplished: fitting absolutely PERFECTLY into an airplane seat. I was so excited. When I was first considering WLS, I said I just wanted to be able to do something as simple as being comfortable and able to move down the asile without bumping shoulders along the way.

I actually cried when we took off. I was a huge moment for me.

I am flying in a couple of days, can't wait to check the diference.

Some recent nsv's
- Not having the shower curtain stick to my body while showering
- Not being sweaty in 100 degree weather
-In fact I find I am washing my clothes less because I dont sweat at all
- Weird but I had bad body odor around my breasts when I was heaviest because I sweated so much there and now I don't have that issue at all
-my calves fit into high boots
-I can wear most women's XLs and Ls (before I was an xxxl+)
-I can go thrifting now. Nothing fit me before at most thrift stores but I can easily find clothes in the large and xl racks.
- my friends telling me that I don't need to use a plus size dating app anymore lol and meeting a guy off of the app who asked me why I was using a plus size dating app

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

47 minutes ago, fourmonthspreop said:

Some recent nsv's
- Not having the shower curtain stick to my body while showering
- Not being sweaty in 100 degree weather
-In fact I find I am washing my clothes less because I dont sweat at all
- Weird but I had bad body odor around my breasts when I was heaviest because I sweated so much there and now I don't have that issue at all
-my calves fit into high boots
-I can wear most women's XLs and Ls (before I was an xxxl+)
-I can go thrifting now. Nothing fit me before at most thrift stores but I can easily find clothes in the large and xl racks.
- my friends telling me that I don't need to use a plus size dating app anymore lol and meeting a guy off of the app who asked me why I was using a plus size dating app

Congratulations!! Good luck with dating, have fun.

Finding extra wide calf boots in leather has been a challenge for me. I tried some of my boots recently and I have space to put my cell phone in there.

Congratulations!! Good luck with dating, have fun.
Finding extra wide calf boots in leather has been a challenge for me. I tried some of my boots recently and I have space to put my cell phone in there.
Tell me about it! I never wore high boots before because I didn't want to spend the time finding thr wide calf boots. Even booties were tight around my ankles and now there's room and I don't need a wide size. It's nice!

On 7/19/2022 at 3:02 AM, LaTiaV said:

This has become a problem for me too - every long boot is too large around the calf & short boots gape at the top. I can put both hands down the sides of some. I finally found some stretch suede long boots last year - not nice ones but the best I could find.

I just walked straight up the stairs, quickly, without getting out of breath, because I needed to get something from my bedroom. Didn't even think about it.

I used to have to haul myself up with my arms, stopping on each step.

Now I'm looking for excuses to take the stairs just to show off!