Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Successful losers what is a days food for you?

Hello all. I'm trying to figure out if I need another fill or if I'm just eating too much junk or what. You can post what a day of meals is like for you?

I don't know if I qualify as a "successful" loser yet, but I feel bad that no one's answered you yet, so here's my .02:

B'fast = 40 g Protein shake w/8.5 oz vanilla micellar milk, 1 scoop vanilla powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder, 1/2 scoop low-carb chai tea & 4-5 ice cubes... yummy way to start the day w/a big bunch of protein!

or

an egg or egg-beater omelette w/a little cheese, maybe a veggie; slice or two of bacon...

but it's the shake 9 times out of 10

lunch = usually 3-4 oz of soy "fajita strips" or "chicken strips" either on top of some lettuce w/1 oz cheese, a sprinkle of sunflower seeds, a few olives w/a little salad dressing...

or the 3-4 oz soy "meat" w/ a couple T of diced tom, maybe a 1/2 small can of sliced mushrooms & a little cheese on top, all cooked together...

or a veggie burger w/a slice of cheese, lettuce, tom, pickle slice...

or deli "roll up"... tuna salad... egg salad... w/lettuce...

dinner = a small portion of whatever main dish I make for the family (usually chicken or beef or salmon) + veggie (and I TRY not to have the bread/rice/pasta/potato, etc... sometimes I do... sometimes I don't...)

When needed: Snacks = 1 oz low-fat cheese; 1 oz cashews; S. Beach bar; low-fat yogurt; pro shake; no-sugar popsicle or a skinny cow bar (very rarely)...

That's pretty much it... I tend to be one of those folks who finds what I like & sticks w/it... so there's not so much "calculating" of the cals/pro/carbs every day... I can do it in my head...

Best wishes!

I have a question. Im a big snacker? Im supposed to be banded on Jan 25 08. The dr told me it works best for volume eaters?? Do you think it will work for me since Im more of a snacker than a volume eater? Im a little concerned now. Any input or advise would be great.

Thanks

Yesterday

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs and about half an hour later I had a snack pack of pears in natural juice.

lunch was half a tuna, lettuce, cucumber, Tomato and avocado sandwich on wholegrain bread.< /p>

Later that afternoon, I had 4 crackers with low fat cheese and a bit after that I ate a banana.

dinner was crumbed fish, shallow fried, and steamed veges and I had 2 glasses of white wine over the evening.

I find with good restriction, food is more a chore than a pleasure.. so snacking is a lot less. When my restriction isn't good, I can snack too much since I can't eat a lot at once anyway..

So the key IMO is the restriction. It keeps me from caring to snack because I think.. well, it might hurt or get stuck, I'm not THAT hungry.. I'll pass.

I was a big snacker as well and it's helped with that. My old snack used to be 3-4 donuts and now it's 1. Or I'd eat chips/crackers till 1/2 the box was gone. Now about 7 triscuits and cheese and I'm good.

soft scrambled egg with skim milk and 1/3 banana.

OR Quaker high protien, weight watcher instant oatmeal. (Banana bread flavor) 1 pre-packaged packet is VERY filling. I also like cream of wheat made with half skim milk and half vanilla slim fast. Add a touch of cinnamon and vanilla and it's heaven. My husband asked me for some the other morning!!

Cottage cheese in 1/3 cup container. (I was delighted to find these) 5 oz. can of V8 juice. (only 30 calories and 7 carbs) and snack cup of sugar free applesauce with blueberry and pomegranate. (Health food store)

OR one half can of tuna in Water, drained with fat free salad dressing, steamed green Beans and 3 slices of canned peaches in pear juice.< /p>

small fillet of tilapia poached in seasoned chicken broth along with onions and summer squash. (GOOD when you're on mushies) 1/2 container of sugar free yogurt.

OR 1/3 cup fat free refried black Beans with tbls. fat free cheese and tbls. fat free sour cream. 1/4 cup avocado or a slice of grilled eggplant.

I'm still on mushies, but these are what I tolerate the best, and like the taste of.

Protein shake

coffee

South Beach Diet frozen meal (chicken with penne and broccoli)

Blue Bunny low carb yogurt

1/2 c. cottage cheese

I slice Ezekiel bread and 6 slices of smoked deli thin ham

2 sugar free fudgesicles

Total calories:765

Fat: 22

Carbs: 67

Protein: 79

Tracked all on Fitday.com

I eat b'fast maybe 2 times a week. It consists of a yoplait key lime whips yogurt (num num).. or about 8 grapes mixed in 1/2 tbsp of cream cheese & a dash of brown sugar. The rest of the time it's either coffee or a Slimfast Optima royal fudge if I remember to grab one out of the fridge.

Normally don't eat lunch, but if I do, I get a Soup or pick at DH's appetizers at a restaurant (Chili's, O' Charleys, TGIF's etc.). Too tight and still not majorly hungry yet, so very little.

For dinner, I make something for me & DH and I work around what I can eat. For example I made pot roast last week.. couldn't eat the meat, but I made mashed potatos with it.. so I put a small scoop of potatos in a bowl and ladeled the pot roast juice on top. Made it very soupy and it filled me up. Or if I cook something with chicken, I eat mushy veggies with a sauce from the chicken. Sometimes I heat up 1/2 can of a campbell's soup for me if DH is going to order pizza. Sometimes I'll pick some veggies off of the pizza (pizza mushrooms are the best some reason).

I have a hard time with solids for the most part right now, and I know there's something to eating solid foods because they keep you full longer.. but I've found with the restriction I'm at, liquids fill me up just as much as solids did before I had this restriction. So it works for me!

I consider myself a successful loser because I'm 4 pounds away from my goal; eat normally but less.

But...and this is a big BUT...I don't think it's recommended to eat the way I do...I know it's not. I'll get blasted for telling you...but here it goes.

Mt. Dew packed w/ ice 32oz

Fruty Pebbles w/ skim milk about 1/4 total

continue sipping the Mt Dew

lunch is Applebee's, Subway...or whatever I want. Today I skipped lunch because I'm just not hungry.

Throw out the 3/4s left of the Mt Dew I didn't drink

Get another Mt Dew...packed w/ ice

Afternoons I make dinner around 4 and eat 2 tsp of everything...rice, potatoes, pie...whatever.

The band for me wasn't about giving up fast foods or delicious stuff...it was about giving up potatoe chips/ice cream/pasteries- - - it worked as I've lost any desire for them. And it's about decreasing the quantity I eat.

I go to maintenance in about 2 weeks by getting an adjustment. Controlling my emotional (binge) eating may be a forever thing for me...but over time I am certain it will get easier.

Once an alcoholic, always.... 'recovering alcoholic'

once an overeater, always....'recovering overeater'

The last few days, I have been "good"(trying to reach goal by 2008!), so I had-

breakfast-Protein bar around 10am(I can't eat much in the am)

lunch-soup

dinner-grilled halibut, small baked potato

breakfast-coffee, Protein Bar

lunch-Boston Market turkey breast, creamed spinach(didn't finish it)

dinner-the rest of my lunch(no cornbread!)

It varies day to day, but I always take my liquid Vitamins, Calcium and Iron as well.