Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February Bandsters!

TARA5937, thanks for the PM.

So, in the past two weeks I decided I did not want to go to Mexico. I couldn't find an aftercare doctor willing to see me (other than Fill Centers USA, which I am so-so on right now). I hunted around some more to find someone in the U.S. that was not too much more than my Mexican doc but had everything else I needed/wanted in place...and landed on Dr. Kirshenbaum in CO. I know that this was most definitely the right decision because I feel much more at ease about the surgery (although naturally I'm nervous regardless). My surgery is scheduled for 2/14 and I have a phone consult on 1/2.

Now I just have to get my financing in order, which isn't fun at all. I can't take personal calls at work really so I have to use my lunch hour and call on my way home from work. The interest rates are not impressive for the most part, but that's what I have to do. I just have to go with the best one and hope for the best.

My pre-op diet is now going to be low-carb and I plan to start it 2 weeks before surgery, maybe a little sooner. I'm worried about not losing enough pre-op weight. I think it will be easier than the previous pre-op diet I was going to have (2 Protein shakes + 1 Lean Cuisine per day).

I hope all of my fellow February 08 bandsters are doing well!

I am officially a Feb 08' bandster! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

I just got my date today and I am scheduled for 2-11-08 my new birthday.

Congratulations! Just a few days before mine! :biggrin1:

Hi Crystal-Finally, someone with the same date as mine 2/11/08!!!!! We can wait it out together. Just around the corner! Keep in touch.

Hi Crystal-Finally, someone with the same date as mine 2/11/08!!!!! We can wait it out together. Just around the corner! Keep in touch.

I am so glad to have someone having surgery with me on the same day! I am very excited, we will definitely have to keep in touch!

Hi Irene, glad to hear from someone in feb.

i'm getting it done in tj on feb 28th, with a friend who is also getting it done.

My story is very similar, up down, up down.

I'm so happy that I'm getting this chance to change and work at this.

let me know how yours goes.

donna a

Hi All! I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! Mine was nice, and filled with Family as usual.

I see a few responses here already for Feb. 11th. That might be my date as well. I have already been fully approved for the surgery by my insurance and was ok'd to set up an appointment with my surgeon. I called (about two weeks ago) to set up the appointment and the receptionist said February should be no problem as they are still working on January appointments at that time. She needed to confirm it with the Surgeon and get to February appointments first before defining it with me. Of course! Nothing I'm doing with this surgery has been smooth sailing, but hey, nothing worth doing... right?

I tried calling last Friday and Monday to see if I can get that for sure but they are out right now for the Holidays. Once again, of course!

I'll let you all know when I get my "for sure" date. I am just glad it will be soon, and this New Year 2008 will be the Newest Year of my and our lives.

Keep in touch everyone, and I'm glad to hear some of you are doing way better than me right now. I'm kind of going through that whole "Well, it's my last big Christmas" right now if you know what I mean. I do have one good fete however. At the beginning of this month I said to myself that I am going to see if I can go one whole month without ONE solitary pototo or tortilla chip. Guess what? NONE so far!!!!! Everyday gets easier, and those little suckers are what made me so big!

I'm finally an official February '08 Bandster!! Wooohooo!!!

I'm not going to make you read my long story about how and why I'm fat. I've been struggling with it all my lift and when I found out about the lapband, I knew it was going to be the right choice for me.

I am also self pay and wanted to find somewhere cheaper here in the US. So I will be going to Colorado too. From everything that I have heard and read about Dr. K, I know this is the right decision! My date is February 26. I just can't wait!!

Amie

Hi,

I am also Scheduled for February 7th I have had a lot of mixed reactions.

I hope you go for it. Your family will accept your decisions this is about you and your health and happiness. I know so many people who have had the lap band who are doing so great.

I am scared but I am also so hopeful.

It's ultimately up to you and you definitely need a support network at home..

How much do you need to lose?

I need to lose right at 100 lbs and I have High Blood Pressure

High Cholesterol, arthritis and my mother is a breast cancer survivor the cancer was brought on by excess fat.

My sister is mad she says I am cheating taking the easy way

I think she is jealous.

my mom is worried.

But my husband is excited to see my success.

He keeps me going.

Good Luck!

YAHOO! I so can't believe it!!

February 11th @7:30 am.

I had to call them of course, but hey the squeaky wheel does get the grease. I'm so excited!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

YAHOO! I so can't believe it!!

February 11th @7:30 am.

I had to call them of course, but hey the squeaky wheel does get the grease. I'm so excited!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

WooHoo! Another 2/11/08 Bandster! Congrats on your date and keep in touch!

My band date is Feb 14, Valentine's Day! And I feel very lucky because I was only 2 months into a 6 month Dr supervised weight loss program when I got a call from the bariatric center telling me that my insurance co dropped all previous requirements (including weekly "nutrition" counseling signatures, and proof of a workout regime with proof that I was going to the gym 3x a week). Also, I have a BMI of 40 and was told that I couldn't really lose or gain any weight. I was able to pull off 2 months of keeping my weight the same but I was worried about the nex 4 months. SO, 2 weeks after my insurance dropped the requirements I had my date!!!! Yeah!! Instead of April, May, or June, I'm in Feb. Yeah!!!!

I'm kinda sad but really happy at the same time. I just recieved a call from my surgeons office today. They are bumping up my surgery from 2/11/08 to 1/28/08 ahh that is in 4 weeks. So now I am officially a January bandster.