Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February Bandsters!

Welcome Erica and Lisa!!!!

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Just think, those are not pounds gained. Add a half hour of exercise into the food changes and you'll see yourself pass the plateau. I was stagnant for a while too.Remember slow and steady......:confused_smile:

when I had my lapband my doctor said 600 cal. or less and at least 60 grams of protein..and to get dense Proteins in first..and I had a hard time getting the 600 in and I got Protein Shakes from costco that had 160 cal and 30 gr of protein..and believe it or not they taste great! :thumbup:I love them.

carol:smile:

Oh and it best Protein Shake in the world is PVL whey Gourmet Peanut Butter CHocolate!!!!!!!!!!! It is to die for!! So Good! Great taste, low card and high protein!

I went out an got this and it REALLY is sooo delicious. I do love it. Now if I could just eat this instead of all the other crap i'm putting in my mouth, I might actually lose more weight. :)

Welcome to all the newbies here! You'll love it here. Us VV's are the best!!

Let's try to be patient with ourselves. I have my ups and my downs. It just so happens my downs are much better!

i've made a decision that when the surgeon's office calls to set up my surgery date in the next few days or weeks, i am going to push for february. Preferrably the 11th, because where i work that would give me two holidays off, plus one of my friday's off. I have the 9/8/80 schedule if anyone out there knows what that is, or has it. I plan to take full two weeks off. Why not? I have plenty of time on my books, and i want to be sure i stick to my liquid diet 100%! That can be hard to do if you're stuck at work and end up not bringing enough to keep you satisfied during the day.

So, anyone else out there with a date that month or trying to push for it? I'd love to hear from you and see how it's going.

Here is my journey, i hope your up to a long read...

I began looking into the lap-band surgery about three years ago when i first heard about the surgery. Not very intently at first of course, and i always said i'd never even consider bypass.

Not long after hearing about it my pcp told me i had chronic hypertension. Well, i was only 30 years old at that time! I was blown away. I was a chubby child (not bad), but at about 12/13 i lost the weight and was able to keep it off until about 19. It was about 2 years later i met my husband and we married shortly afterward, and it was at that time i made the most of my weight gain. It was like i was sleeping all though it and i never realized it happened. My eyes were really opened that day my doctor informed me of my disease. Well, needless to say i hadn't even stepped on the scale in many, many years. I was wearing a size 28 at the time of my diagnosis. I made a conscious effort to lose some weight on my own, still not fully supporting the idea of surgery. I did pretty good. I did it through good old better eating and exercise. I lost about a pant size before making that ultimate step onto the scale. it said 315!!!

omg! :faint:

you know, i knew i was pretty bad off, but still - even then - i didn't imagine it to be that bad. Keep in mind i'd already lost some weight. I've come to terms with it now, and can easily say i was probably at my max upwards into the 330's.

Well, i continued to lose a little more weight in the same way - but somewhere betwee 270 and 280 i'd stopped. I've been yo-yo'ing the last ten pounds ever since. I've been this weight for probably the better of two years now. It was at the beginning of this year i realized i needed more help. I figured i needed a little something to keep my portions in control, as i noticed by journaling my intake i tend to "overeat" especially during dinner hour. Breakfast and lunch are perfect, as always. I do great when my mind is busy at work.

It took a lot of courage to ask my pcp about bariatrics. It was almost as if i was admitting to myself especially that yes, i'm fat, and yes - i can't lose it alone. My travels from there have been long and arduous. But one moment of it, i do not regret. I am so thankful for the six month dietician appointments, as it prepared me a great deal and in so many ways. I don't think i will be as successful had i not done them.

I am so close now, i can see the bandland gates from here! :w00t:

so, anyone still going through the toughest part, hang in there!! It is, and it will be so worth it.

I simply can hardly wait!

congratulations, and thank you so much for your post in a very dark place it has given me some hope, as you know being a depressing place of weight/health etc. Etc. It is ruff. I am a month away from the kasiers 6 month program, it so long but i agree very helpfull, may i ask was there anyone in your class that was deneid? And if so for what reason i am trying to make sure to do everything i can loose my wieght excersice, do the paperwork and so forth.

Thanks for your input and your posting.

S.v.

You won't regret the decission to get thin again! :w00t: It's been one year this month for me and I've lost 72 lbs of the 100 I wanted to lose. I'm happy with it. It isn't easy and it isn't magic and can be painful to some degree but I don't care about anything besides being healthy and thin again. :blush: Getting my life back and not being so uncomfortable. I step on the scale at least 5 times a week to make sure things are ok and not going backwards. :drool: I was in size 20 and now 12. I can't wait for size 8 again. If you can at least walk for exercise do that. and build up slowly to speed and farness. don't over do it and get hurt over it and get a set back. You will get where you want to be with this tool if you follow the band rules. :unsure: I'm excited for you. :glare: I went to Mexico and paid for my own operation and I think that has made me stick to the rules because I had to borrow and will take 20 years to pay it off. lol

if you can take two weeks off, I say also, "why not"? lol I took 2 weeks off also and thought that was just right for me to grasp it all also.

Good luck to you shrinking violette! You will soon see all the little things that get so much more comfortable doing, walking, sitting, sleeping, everything! YOU CAN DO IT! :wink2: email me anytime. :w00t:

hugs,

Jeanie

Hi all, well I am down from 210 to 135, and from a sz 22 to an 8..took me 10 months and didn't need a fill. but I started to panic when Christmas came and went and Dr Bock did a 1/2 cc fill... I did great over the holidays, and have managed to maintain my loss ...just got anxious about all the holiday foods ..

WOW Carol, that's FABULOUS!!!! Congratulations!

I hope you post this in the 'In one year I..." thread in this forum. I'm encouraging everyone to post on their one year bandiversary....

thanks, where is this site for the bandiversary? I have been so busy having fun, I haven't been posting or reading like I should..carol

:thumbup:ok down 52lbs fill good just started working out jan 29 banded:heart: 2/09/08 the best thing in years:lightbulb:

danny! Great job! I think you are right on target. :thumbdown: