Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

May seem like an odd question 😅 but.. I haven’t felt hunger yet. I had my surgery September 15th. I have had a lot of noises from my tummy tho. I’m wondering if this is my insides settling (kinda like a csection) or if this is a hungry tummy rumble without the empty hunger pains? 🤔 I should be starving.. I’ve basically only been drinking with maybe a few sooonfuls of broth. I’m so over broth I just can’t stomach it anymore 😓

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are actually pretty standard questions.

The standard answers are pretty much you just had surgery. As long as you're not feeling pain, everything else can go either way. Hungry / not hungry, both are common. Rumbling / no rumbling, again common.

Your plan at 1 week is purposely bland, gentle, and boring. Keep doing your plan.

They key thing early on is to stay on plan, learn how to eat again.

Staying on plan, following your rules, is the most important aspect of your surgery aside from your actual surgery. We got where we were by doing what we thought was right. It wasn't. The surgery changed your plumbing. Your plan changes your head. Stick with it.

Good luck,

Tek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/20/2020 at 18:12, The Greater Fool said:



These are actually pretty standard questions.




The standard answers are pretty much you just had surgery. As long as you're not feeling pain, everything else can go either way. Hungry / not hungry, both are common. Rumbling / no rumbling, again common.




Your plan at 1 week is purposely bland, gentle, and boring. Keep doing your plan.




They key thing early on is to stay on plan, learn how to eat again.




Staying on plan, following your rules, is the most important aspect of your surgery aside from your actual surgery. We got where we were by doing what we thought was right. It wasn't. The surgery changed your plumbing. Your plan changes your head. Stick with it.




Good luck,




Tek


Oh I am for sure staying on plan. Just a general comment! Was just curious what the rumbles were!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, brwneyedgrl96 said:

Oh I am for sure staying on plan. Just a general comment! Was just curious what the rumbles were!

Glad to hear it.

Your partitioned stomach needs to learn the new paradigm that it's not needed. You eat, it thinks it needs to get on the job. It will take a minute for it to learn it has no job.

Good luck,

Tek

Edited by The Greater Fool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! We’re almost surgery buddies! I had mine on the 16th!
I know what you mean there’s some noises happening down there lol but yeah so weird how I really don’t feel hungry.
How are you feeling? How is recovery??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/20/2020 at 19:00, Devany said:

Hi! We’re almost surgery buddies! I had mine on the 16th!

I know what you mean there’s some noises happening down there lol but yeah so weird how I really don’t feel hungry.

How are you feeling? How is recovery??

Right? Lol I’m struggling more mentally I think... I still have some pain but nothing like it was. Hbu??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actually, most people don't feel hunger until they're a few months out. Mine came roaring back at five months out - for some, it can be up to a year. So take full advantage of never being hungry while it lasts! It'll never be easier to lose weight than it will be right now when you don't give a flip about food!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My lack of hunger feeling only lasted for a month. Now, when I feel hunger it doesn't take much to satisfy it. I rarely have that "I'm so hungry I could eat the whole kitchen feeling." I'm almost 2 yrs out from RNY GB and that rumbling sound for me is peristalsis in my bowel! My abdomen has gotten so flat sometimes I can actually feel gas bubbles moving through it and can predict when it leaves the body (sorry if TMI!) Now that I think about it, the gas bubbles kind of feel like when you feel a baby move early in pregnancy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2020 at 12:46 PM, brwneyedgrl96 said:

May seem like an odd question 😅 but.. I haven’t felt hunger yet. I had my surgery September 15th. I have had a lot of noises from my tummy tho. I’m wondering if this is my insides settling (kinda like a csection) or if this is a hungry tummy rumble without the empty hunger pains? 🤔 I should be starving.. I’ve basically only been drinking with maybe a few sooonfuls of broth. I’m so over broth I just can’t stomach it anymore 😓

Some days im not hungry at all and some days i am but when i am it is very shortlived with less than 2 oz of food. I think it varies by person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×