Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In December

Hidy Ho there my Marchie buddies!

Merry Christmas.

Diana, Don't worry about what other people do or don't do. I can assure this is an individual journey with lots of support from our pals, but it is NOT a competition.

Glad you found us. FYI, come January first you'll see this thread stop and there will be a new one for the month...

XOXOXOXOX

thanks so much! so Far I'm happy with the weight loss- I think the band is a great tool... I will, as you suggested, try not to compaire myself!!!

Glad to see this thread so lively lately....

I can't wait until these holidays are OVER! I've been pretty good with not eating as much, but there is still junk everywhere I turn, and it really bothers me to throw away food, but I'm trying to get over that. After the last new years party I'm really going to buckle down, I'd like to lose another 25lbs by my bandiversary, so I'm going to have to work it!!!!

Hi to my fellow March bandsters! I have not posted here before as well because I did not think I was doing well and felt ashamed. I was banded March 7, 2007. I am really struck by how different everyone journey has been. I was losing so slowly that it felt like failing at a "diet" once again. With the help of Wendells post about how the lap band worked and someone else talking about if they don't lose 5 pounds in a month they get a fill I have finally started to get on track. It has actually taken me 4 fills to get to that "sweet spot" people talk about. Now, I am very restricted and cannot eat much in the mornings. I have lost 38 pounds and have gone from a size 20 to a 14. I am proud of my progress now but it took so long I was very discouraged for several months. I am so glad this support is out there so we can get ideas and hear about experiences from other people. Everyone keep up the good work!!!

Hi Fort Bend Band!

I was banded the day after you and I one state to the east, in Columbus Ohio.

Please post and post often. We all can use the support of other Marchies. This isn't about a how fast or slow you lose, it's about dealing with food and all it's implications in our lives and sharing that with others.

I'm glad to see you here.

It has been awhile but I am back and I want to say that everyone is doing great, and this new year will hold only more adventures and goals will be made.

Hello Marchies,

Not much going on here. I have been off work since last week and don't go back until Wednesday. Just trying to get my house put back together from Christmas. I am soooo glad that is over. I enjoy it when it is here, but want it gone and packed up the day after.

I am redoing a room downstairs. It is my craft room, but will also hold my new Christmas computer (nothing wrong with the old one, but dh, the x-biker, computer nerd thought I needed a new one) and all my exercise equipment. I am planing on working up a weekly workout and plan on giving myself a reward if I keep to it each and every month. I might have to start with a reward weekly just to get motivated, but it will be a small one.

Hope all are doing well, and can't wait to go back to work as I am soooo tired of cleaning house.

:clap2:Hey Everybody!

Glad to hear we have all survived the holidays. Only one more celibration to get through, and thats New years Eve and all that goes with that. Going out of townfor that and all you can eat buffets for all meals OH Yea! Give me strenghth!!!!

I haven't been on the scale for about a week and a half, Thats quite the acomplishment for me, I am a slave to that damn thing. Hoping i'm making mostly smart choices.

Had a big Christmas gathering here for the big day so was too busy & didn't have time to eat too much, Good thing.

Have got to stay away from drinking and I don't mean Water.< /p>

Hope everyone has a Great New Year.........hears to all us Losers.......:beer::rockon::eek::waytogo::)

Good Morning to Everyone.

Had a setback like most, but know it's only temp till I get back on track. Weighed myself, gained 6lbs since the holidays.

Just want to put this out there. Does anyone suffer with hypothyroidism? I'm due to see my family doctor soon, since you're to see them every six months post surgery. In additon to the band, not yet having any restriction with it, it's still hard for me to lose weight. Lost 51lbs since Jan./2007, but only 26lbs since the surgery in March/2007.

Jan 2, I'm due to see/get another fill, hoping this one will give me the restriction, I'm looking for and need right about now. I'm going to ask for a full 1cc, putting me at 2.8cc. As for my thryroid, I'm looking for info if I should request and increase in my meds, depending on what the lab test reads. I'm considered borderline for my thyroid issue, but it's still hard to lose weight.

If there is a thread I can go to please post it. I'm anxious to put this behnd me. I'm an emothional eater, kind of getting a handle on it but, when it hits, it hits.

I'm going to the gym twice a week,for 1 - 2 hours each. Walking after lunch and in the evenings after work. Weighing my meals and all they say I should do. But when you find out you can eat as you did before the band, it's easy to fall back into you eating habit.

I'll stop here. I can go on and on about this. One last thing, this is the best thread I've visited.

Please help. :help: Thanks.

Hi Fort Bend Band!

I was banded the day after you and I one state to the east, in Columbus Ohio.

Please post and post often. We all can use the support of other Marchies. This isn't about a how fast or slow you lose, it's about dealing with food and all it's implications in our lives and sharing that with others.

I'm glad to see you here.

Hi OH Julie. Thanks for the support! You will be happy to know that I ride motorcycles with my hubby as well. I feel so much better with less of me on the bike!

Hi White pants- I think a lot of us took a beating over the holidays. I guess we can look at it this way, the average person gains 7 lbs over the holiday. We are not the average people, speaking for myself I know that my gain would have been more then that without the band probably over 10.

My holidays in the past were soley wrapped around food. What Cookies, brule's, pies, gravies, casseroles would I eat next. The key word was butter and heavy whipping cream in everything.

White pants I would rethink a full 1.0 cc maybe .75??? Also I have definetly found that as weeks pass it can get tighter and tighter.

Jan 1 starts a new biggest loser on TV, this highly motivates me.

Thread/Friends-I have to share with everyone my little problem. I have been having a great deal of problems getting a tolerable amount in my band. 1.7 is to loose and 2.0 has me sliming and barley holding down liquids. I talked my doctor into getting me to 1.9, it is a better. Anyway, he is a very kind man, but he said he has 2 other patients that are "like me" and that I should remember this is only a tool and I have to work harder. I know he is right but now my feelings are hurt and I am afraid to go back.

Also what is exactly fluroscope. He does my fills and unfills by feeling around, he said that he thinks my port has become unattached. What do you think is going on? I have told him that I have very good insurance and having a x ray or whatever is completely fine with me. But thus far he is still just guessing. It seems alot of my fill sits in the tubing.

Happy New Year, Everyone!!!

It has been months since I posted on the board. I felt that the new years would be a great time to sign back on to get & give some encouragement! I am 11 pounds from my goal which is great! I gained 2-3 pounds over the holidays but officially got back on track this am.

I have a fill that is a little on the tight side. I also have a qwerky band that responds sensitively to fills. Being tight keeps me from eating large portions but it also keeps me eating soft foods which is not always best.

I hope to get this last bit of weight off in three months. Its very hard when you get this close. Everyone keeps telling me how good I look so I have a tendency to slack off!

Anyway, keep up the good work! And I will try to post more faithfully!

:)

I pray that everyone has a Happy & Safe New Year!! :whoo:

Didnt have a great weekend :cry I got so sick Saturday morning I got up and ate some meat and 3 Mins later PUKE PUKE PUKE PUKE!!! :speechles:speechles

It was the most violent voimting I have done I guess cause I was trying to hold it in I just hate throwing up!!!!:mad:!!

I was afraid that I had threw up so hard that something had come loose but it seems like everything was back to normal later that day.

I drank some Hot drinks like tea and cocoa then later the evening had queso and chips it went down really well. :tired

I got on the scale at a friends house and it read 215!!!!:angry I was so upset with myself I really thought I was much closer to 210 but I had to suck it up and realize that I have not been chosing the right foods.

I vow to stop eating Klondike Ice Cream Bars at night

I vow to stop eating Nutty Buddies

I vow to stop eating and sipping Water....

I vow to stop getting up in the middle of the night and eating cheetos, sour cream chips fritos!!!

I vow to execise more then I have.....

I'm picking myself back up and I'm gonna get these 5 pounds off by 1/20/2008!!! :scared:

Thank you for listening!!!:kiss2:

Whitepants, I have a low thyroid as well but am not on meds for it. I have really struggled with my weightloss but I also think I was too conservative about getting my fills in the beginning. I follow the rule now of getting a fill if I have not lost 5 pounds in a month and that has helped.

Janie, please don't be discouraged and by all means don't feel bad about going back to the doctor's office! My doctor's office told me I had to do some of the work too and it does make you feel bad but they are trying to help. The fluroscope is like a live xray. I stand in front of it when I go in after a fill. They have me drink a shot of baruim and everyone can watch as I swallow how the liquid goes through the band to see if it looks too lose of too tight. One more thing, I have also gone through barely being able to keep anything down after a fill but about 3 weeks after each fill the swelling goes down again and I can eat again. I think you will find if you can hang in there it does get better even when it seems too tight. Reference Wendells artivle on how the band really works. It was very helpful to me!

Hi Diana, this is a little late but I agree with Whitepants. I try to do Walk Away the Pounds (1mile/15mins) each day before taking a shower and getting ready for work. This has helped me so far. It actually give me energy for the day.

I am not a night person at all. All my energy is gone about the time I get home.

Try that and see if it works. Especially before you get the baby up. You may have to go to bed earlier to wake up earlier but it is worth it. That is what I had to do. Good luck!!!

Sonya

Ok, I'm getting ready for New Years Eve party at my place, but I wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a really fantastic 2008. My resolution is to make healthier choices, and I hope I can share that with all of you in the upcoming year.....