Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In December

Well, December is here!! The holidays are almost over and our one year anniversary will be here before we know it. Hope that all the Marchies will check in this month and give us an update.

Mrs. Husker Thanks for the new December thread!!!!

As Christmas and New Years 2008 approaches. I am faced with a wide variety of feelings. :confused:

:rolleyes:I am Excited because I love Christmas and seeing my family and yes even the shopping. It's that inner child which is screaming out yay santa is coming!!!:clap2:

I'm Nervous because i am going to be faced with challenges of not falling for the temptations of too many christmas treats:hungry: and foods; and the challenge of actually facing the bitter and cold winter snow:smokin: to go to the gym.

:Banane43:I'm Anxious as 1yr. post-op approaches, because i promised myself i would be at least 100lbs less by March 15, 2008... And i still got about 33lbs to go.. So i definately got to kick things up a notch.

:whoo:And Thrilled to be ringing in the New Year actually accomplishing that evil New Years resolution (loosing weight) that i've been making every year (and always doing the opposite). Finally!!

:gluck: To all my fellow Marchies!!!

I'm still surprised to learn that this is a learning process. Its takes some of us longer than other, but we all learn sometime. Right?

I have a SHAPE and it isn’t ROUND!!!! I have my fill today so to work I didn’t wear my normal oversized work shirt, I put on a nice sweater. DAMN!! I look good. And I am not the only one that noticed. The two guys that work here (we only have two men and three women full time here) noticed it also. Both of them said "Looking Good". Now if that doesn’t just lift ones spirits, I don’t know what would.

P.S. I am also in a 16!!! YES!!!! Can’t wait to get the last 52 lbs gone, I am going to be one smoking bitch!!

Can you tell I am in a very good mood?

Good Luck this month!!!!

Popping in to SAY.................. WE MADE IT AnOTHER MONTH!

Everyone is doing so great!

Congrats on ONEderland TammyJ

Congrats on the NSV MrsHusker!

Hi Fellow Marchies...

I too haven't posted in a while.

I just didn't feel I was doing anything too wonderful to talk about, but I sure have missed you all.Now I know I need to visit here more often for the support.

I felt I had stayed the same for too long and I should be doing better, so I went to the Dr for a fill.

Everthing was OK at the office and I could get down a bottle of Water no problem.(WED) That night I stuck to fluids.

Next day I tried a cooked egg, not so great, half came back up. I though I was still just swollen from the fill.

From then on I couldn't keep any fuids down, not even my own saliva. By the time I realised I was in trouble (Fri PM) I couldn't get hold of my Dr. I didn't want to go to the Emerg here at the Hospital because I couldn't be sure that anyone would even be able to give me a de-fill plus the wait here at the Emerg is usually around 6-10 hrs.

Saturday Morning I had my DH go though all the papers I received after my Surgery and we found the surgeons Cell Phone # in case of an Emerg. Well by this time I felt it was an Emerg.We called and he had me drive to the hospital that he has Drs. trained in defills. 2 hrs away.

When we got there I was to phone him again. To my surprise he met us there and did the de-fill himself. I was so impressed by this, and so was my DH. He was so nice and said that everybody usually goes though this just because we are all very impatient in our Quest to lose weight fast. As long as I was still losing weight even if it was slowly then the band was doing its job. Now go and enjoy the new way to eat and don't feel that it has to all come off in a hurry . This is here for life, not just a temporary fix.

Very valuable lesson learned. and I now feel much better about myself just knowing that what I am doing is OK and I will get there eventually.

Just thought I would share this with you all to keep in mind that we have come sooooooo very far and we will do just fine in the future with our life time buddy.

Well, I got my second fill on Monday, so now I am at a whopping 1.3 cc. I asked that I didn’t get too much, and I hope that this will "kick" in sometime soon. No weight loss since my last appt. Their scale is also 5.5 lbs heaver than mine. But I do weigh myself first thing in the morning and my appts are always after 1:00 in the afternoon.

I have a bad head cold. I took Nyquil Monday night, big mistake. I couldn’t function on Tuesday and had to leave work and slept until 3:30. I used to take Nyquil before banding and didn’t have this problem, now it kicks my butt. I also used to love the Alka-seltzer cold but don’t know if I should use it now. My head is sooooo stuffy, my cheeks/eyes/ears/jaw hurts. I know it’s a sinus cold, but this is bad. I also keep getting hot then cold. This cold has also given me the worst cravings. I only want mashed potatoes and gravy and chocolate Cereal. I did give in on the mashed potatoes but am holding out on the cereal. I hope this goes away soon because my girlfriend and her family will be here this weekend and I really need to clean my house. I also have to go with my son to Milford (about 1 hr away) and look at a college tomorrow.

Hi my Marchies.

I got a fill last week Friday (my second one too, Mrs.H.) and it really has me very aware of what I eat and how I eat. I love that this band is adjustable and it is for life, to underscore Rosi's point.

I was shooting for 199 by January 1st but I had an extended plateau so I'm adjusting to just doing well between here and there.

Oh, and Mrs. H, I was noticed too. I get coworkers giving me props all the time...but yesterday was the best one yet. I work at the state Deaf school. A high school boy who was hit by some real personal tragedy this year (brother committed suicide) has been walking around with his head bowed and really not communicating much. Well, yesterday he stopped me when no one was looking to say, "Noticed you've lost a lot weight, you look really great." I said, "Wow, thanks. I've been working hard." and he said, "Great job" and "keep it up!” I got a huge smile from him too.

You know most kids are pretty self absorbed. And this boy has more reason than most to be...so it just took me by surprise. His encouragement was so meaningful too. Makes me feel really good.

OH Juli....

You go girl! 102 lbs lost since March, way to go!

I'm struggling to lose 5 by the 17th.

Everyone have a good weekend

Yes, you're right, as of December 21st I have been without a cigarette for 1 year! I don't miss it in the least.

I NEVER could have said that a year ago. Thats around $1,624.75 I have not spent!

I need to focus on what I have actually accomplished and not compare myself to everyone else.

Restriction is okay, I've had better. Still tighter in the am and by 6-7 pm I can eat around 2 cups + of food....not really where I wanna be.

Going to ask for a slight fill on the 17th. maybe .2-.3 cc?

I have 2.5 in my band now.

Hi all,

This is my first post here...I was banded 3/13/07. I'm down 42 lbs and have 32 to go to my goal of 160. Things have gone really well, although I never can quite decide if my weight loss is going too slowly or not. I know it's not a race...I just want to make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing on the behavior end. At least life is a lot better with 42 lbs gone!

About me...34 years old, got married last year. I just quit my job as a trauma ICU RN last month to start graduate school for the next 2 years, with the goal of becoming a certified registered nurse anesthetist when I am done. Many of you probably had CRNAs who did your anesthesia for your surgery...that will be me one day! After that, hopefully a baby or two. I'm not sure how getting to my goal weight will go while I'm in school, but I'm going to find out!

Hope you all have happy holidays, and I'm glad to have found this forum!

Hi all,

This is my first post here...I was banded 3/13/07. I'm down 42 lbs and have 32 to go to my goal of 160. Things have gone really well, although I never can quite decide if my weight loss is going too slowly or not. I know it's not a race...I just want to make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing on the behavior end. At least life is a lot better with 42 lbs gone!

About me...34 years old, got married last year. I just quit my job as a trauma ICU RN last month to start graduate school for the next 2 years, with the goal of becoming a certified registered nurse anesthetist when I am done. Many of you probably had CRNAs who did your anesthesia for your surgery...that will be me one day! After that, hopefully a baby or two. I'm not sure how getting to my goal weight will go while I'm in school, but I'm going to find out!

Hope you all have happy holidays, and I'm glad to have found this forum!

Welcome to the board!!!

Your doin great!!!

Good luck with going back to school... Im actually going back to school in january to become an RN.... But after im done with that i actually was thinking of going for CRNA.. Let us know ho it goes;)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Jeni!

Good luck with nursing school--it's a good, and very flexible, career. If you are interested in being a CRNA, make sure you get some clinical time in an ICU and get a job in one after you graduate. Most programs require at least 1-2 years of ICU experience, though the median length of experience in my class seems to be about 5 years.

I'll let you know how school goes...thanks again!

Gwen