Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Grocery Products

*My husband swears by Don Poncho crema, it’s only 40 calories for 2 tablespoons. I don’t like creamy stuff, he uses it instead of cheese on his tacos. He also uses it instead of mayo on a lot of stuff.

4B0B1571-2D1B-4E55-BF6A-95911D5E5623.jpeg

B6C37F1A-4102-4321-9070-DCB47D7B2E67.jpeg

Edited by Cheeseburgh

17 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I'm really enjoying the Earth Grown Veggie Burgers from Aldi's (they come in Thai, Asian, and Black Bean Chipotle). I also love, love, love Beyond Burgers. I put all on Brownberry Sandwich Thins or the Aldi's equivalent and make up sauces for them (since the only one I put ketchup on is the Beyond Burger. It seems wrong on the others)

I also love Aldi's Fit & Active 20-calorie bars (see pic below)

Light & Fit Creme Brulee (one of their seasonal flavors, so it's not always available) is a favorite, too.

20cal.jpg

Do you think the Fit & Active 20 calorie bars would work for the pre & post op popsicles I can have or is that a big no-no?!

1 hour ago, RainbowBrite57 said:

Do you think the Fit & Active 20 calorie bars would work for the pre & post op popsicles I can have or is that a big no-no?!

post-op for sure. For the liquid pre-op diet, probably not - although it depends on what they're having you do. I had to have Clear Liquids on mine, so traditional sugar free popsicles were fine, but I'm betting these wouldn't have been.

Another fun condiment - Wasabi Sauce. I initially got it for ahi tuna, but now I put it on everything!

wasabi.jpg

7 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

*My husband swears by Don Poncho crema, it’s only 40 calories for 2 tablespoons. I don’t like creamy stuff, he uses it instead of cheese on his tacos. He also uses it instead of mayo on a lot of stuff.

I’m currently going through a Mexican Street Corn phase myself and made an easy batch of crema for the endless amount of corn I’ve been grilling:

sour cream + lime zest + crumbled feta (add a tiny bit if mayo if the sour cream is too watery)

Also eat it with raw veggies, with grilled meats, etc... #yum

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, catwoman7 said:

post-op for sure. For the liquid pre-op diet, probably not - although it depends on what they're having you do. I had to have Clear Liquids on mine, so traditional sugar free popsicles were fine, but I'm betting these wouldn't have been.

Great, thank you for letting me know! They look delicious so I hope I can find them post-op!

I love this thread!! I'm in Australia and some of these products are from Australia or New Zealand, but I don't want to miss out on the fun. Besides, the American supermarkets seem to have a version of everything so most of you can probably find something similar.

1. Dark roasted Peanut Butter - I eat this with apple or banana, on top of my oats, in my smoothies. As a rare treat, I will sometimes have this on gluten free toast too.

image.thumb.png.de54ab1ae2615a6eac0a0858e5b95904.png

2. Kombucha - passionfruit flavour. I gave up Diet Coke (had a die hard addition but I think the sugar substitutes were making me crave real sugar) and high calorie juices. When I don't feel like Water, I'll have this. It's delicious, I don't know if it actually does anything in terms of Probiotics for the microbiome, but I like the taste.

image.jpeg

3. Taco spice from costco. I buy these giant bottles of taco spice and throw it into beef mince or with chicken (I love a Mexican salad, taco Soup, or bowl of chilli carne carne). This actually lasts in my pantry, unlike those little sachets.

image.jpeg.62ef9baf56d2b7c572b6c037d85dcee8.jpeg

4. Halo top. Any kind - but peanut butter is my favourite. Lately, I've been buying the sticks as I can easily eat a whole tub (which is 280 calories). This is perfect when I want dessert (e.g. most nights).

image.png.d343c14e36ac7965b307a21c9cfa543c.png

5. Caramel collagen Creamer - I'm pretty sure this is available in the US, or will be soon. I think they have a dairy and non-dairy version, but I usually grab the regular kind. My skin, nails and hair look so much better when I'm doing collagen - it's a little miracle. I love the taste of this one, I stir it into smoothies, iced coffee and even my oats every morning to add Protein.

image.thumb.png.7198f1ca44a9e703605717cb569d754f.png

Edited by LaLaDee

I'm enjoying this thread!!

I was recommended this from my nutritionist. They are not bad, although I like to add some hot sauce for some extra zing. ;-)

delight-turkey-sausage-00077900471339_66

Another recommendation from my nutritionist:

51Ks0SrLhaL._SX425_.jpg

This was really good-- Especially if you LOVE cinnamon toast crunch. I add 1/2 a vanilla muscle milk for more Protein instead of regular milk.

18 hours ago, LaLaDee said:

I love this thread!! I'm in Australia and some of these products are from Australia or New Zealand, but I don't want to miss out on the fun. Besides, the American supermarkets seem to have a version of everything so most of you can probably find something similar.

1. Dark roasted Peanut Butter - I eat this with apple or banana, on top of my oats, in my smoothies. As a rare treat, I will sometimes have this on gluten free toast too.

image.thumb.png.de54ab1ae2615a6eac0a0858e5b95904.png

Here in the US I know we have this brand of 100% Peanut Butter with no added sugar or salt that I absolutely love! So if an US peeps can find or order the Mayver’s

91DB4FF7-EA7A-4A31-8D46-BE63983CC252.jpeg

2 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Here in the US I know we have this brand of 100% Peanut Butter with no added sugar or salt that I absolutely love! So if an US peeps can find or order the Mayver’s

91DB4FF7-EA7A-4A31-8D46-BE63983CC252.jpeg

That looks great! I’m so obsessed with peanut butter!

These are seriously good. Hard to believe they are only 38 calories.

63899011-0EFE-4E2B-BC96-DC89C24560D0.jpeg

On 08/21/2020 at 00:41, Jay19 said:

This BBQ Sauce hits the spot!!

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

Oh my I must go get some of this! Sweet baby ray’s was my favorite barbecue sauce I had no idea they made one with no sugar added. Oooo that looks amazing

Siggi's yogurt, especially the vanilla and cinnamon and pumpkin spice. 15 grams of protein! and it satisfies my desire for "a little something sweet."

Kibo's chips (I get mine on Amazon). 7 grams of protein; I bring them for lunch frequently to eat with tuna salad or chicken salad instead of any bread. I usually eat 1/2 the bag at lunch, and then save half for a mid day pick me up, with a piece of fruit. See the source image

See the source imageI had these last night with some salsa and YUM! The regular chips don't do much for me, but these were really food! I'm going to try and make nachos with them!