Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

Thank you so much for telling me about Leslie Sansone I watched a few minutes of one of her classes and I really cannot wait to try. I saw it at midnight last night and had to be at work today at 7am so I am on like 14 hr days right now but I am going to start on Saturday I cannot wait thank you again .😀

Yay! So glad it looks like something that might work for you. For a month or so, they were my primary exercise and I really saw an increase in my fitness from doing them. 😊

It has been 3 months since VSG and things have been going very well.

The highlights:

I've over eaten and drank too fast one time, and learned quickly to not do that again.

I've lost 19kg since preop and have dropped two pant sizes, and wearing cute clothes I actually like.

I don't mind having my photo taken now, but my saggy neck is still preventing me from taking a good selfie, lol.

My sister didn't recognise me and has been full of compliments.

I'm so looking forward to seeing how things are going to be at the 6 month mark.

I hope all the other July surgeries are going great too.

Thanks Carlye

Well everyone I have to tell someone my Non scale victory’s I have had a few this week which helps because I have been stalling again for the past two weeks. So I came across a bag of black jeans that had been bought for my daughter about four years ago ( my daughter hates jeans crazy I know) well they had the tags on and everything. So they are a size 16 and I have never fit into a size 16 in my adult life. To be honest I believe the last time I saw a 16 it was probably when I was 11 years old. Well they fit and they are even a bit baggy and no way tight. I am ecstatic. I also just got taken off my blood pressure medication. Wow I have been on that for fifteen years. Last I was working a part time job today at a hair salon as an assistant and I literally was on my feet working for five hours before my back and hips started to hurt. I have spinal damage and I need two new hips I get cortisone injections in both but today I was feeling wonderful. I have not been at the salon since COVID-19 started. At that time I would have to pop a percent with in 2/12 hrs. Today no pain pill needed. I did take a few Tylenol. This was very exciting for me. Hope everyone is doing great and enjoying the non scale victory’s .

This is exciting, congratulations it feels amazing to fit i to clothes you never thought you”ll wear again.

Howdy everyone, hope all the July gang are doing well. I too have learned not to eat more than 4oz at a time and absolutely no sugar or dumping will be in your future. I am 13 weeks post op and down 72 lbs since preop. I have not felt this great in a long long time. Y'all keep smiling and keep your eye on the prize.

I'm finally starting to see visible results, now that I've lost 115 pounds. I lost about 70 pounds before surgery and nobody noticed. I was also wearing the same size pants (26/28) for the first 90 pounds of weight loss until they were so loose that I couldn't wear them anymore. I bought some size 22 pants and shrank out of them in about a month. I just bought some size 18 pants and received them yesterday. When I took them out of the package, I thought, "These are definitely too small, but that's ok -- I'll shrink into them." I tried them on anyway, and to my surprise, they actually fit. Sadly, I've already missed the window on most of the clothes I never wore because they were too small; they're almost all too big now (but I feel like there's more leeway in wearing tops that are too big).

Not a single person at work said anything through the first 110 pounds of weight loss. I guess I started out so big that even after losing over 100 pounds, I was still just about the biggest person around. I haven't told anyone I got WLS and I don't discuss diet and weight at work, so nobody really knew I was trying to lose weight. But this week, I got three compliments in two days. The first was pretty subtle; she whispered to me that I look really good and she needs to know what I'm doing. The second was, uh, not subtle. He asked loudly in front of a bunch of people if I lost weight, and I mumbled, "Yeah, a little," and then he said, "Oh, you definitely lost weight!" The third just told me I look good, but it was pretty obvious what she meant. It's all kind of awkward because implicit in their compliments is the fact that I used to look terrible and they definitely noticed. I think more highly of people who don't say anything either way because I'd prefer not to have my body up for discussion in the workplace, but I have to admit it's good to know that there is a noticeable difference.

i finally hit the 50lb lost after surgery goal! i'm down 52 now, and i had my 3 mo follow up w/my doctor. she said that the second half of the year is harder to lose weight than the first.. she only expects me to lose 100(ish) my first year. i plan to blow her away and to do more than that. i travelled out of state and had to quarantine until my negative rona test (just got the results today - negative!) to go back to the gym. I've really missed it and have enjoyed going back. i notice a lot more strength than when i last went.. each time im getting stronger and lifting more weight than before.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! I had a big scale victory the other day- I'm now over halfway to my goal! As for NSV, I'm in the same boat as @BigSue, where my formerly 'too small' clothes are now mostly too large. I've had to buy a couple of pieces and punch a couple of holes into my pants.

I can also feel my feet getting looser in my shoes. Not looking forward to replacing my footwear collection.. hopefully I can get away with wearing larger shoes if I have fuzzy socks on.

I'm below BMI 30 as of this morning's weigh-in.

I'm down 80 pounds from my high weight, and 56 since surgery. I have 13 pounds to go to be below 300.
My necklaces fit now without an extender! I can't wear my wedding rings anymore. They're too big. I had to have them resized to a 10 at my highest weight. I'll wait until goal to size them again.
I also have clothes that were too small that are now too big!
I was able to sit in a booth the other day!
My BP is normal and my liver enzymes are half what they were!

Congratulations to all of you on your success and your NSV's!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello all! Question around how many calories is everyone consuming a day now ? I have trying to figure out if I’m consuming to many or to little because I have been stalled for three weeks and I am very frustrated. I just don’t understand and my Bariatric center has no nutritionist because the one we had up and retired because she re thought her life because of COVID-19. We then got someone else n she got a better job offer closer to her home with better hours so now we don’t have one again. The last time I saw a nutritionist was in April. I have the paperwork they give you but it’s very little it’s just mostly pre op and i5 said after you should be consuming 700- 1100 cal a day . I exercise twice a day 25 minutes walking in morning and 30 min on stationary bike after work at night. Thank you in advanced for your help!

I am around 700-900 kcals per day now, and my surgeon’s office is happy with those numbers. Most days I aim for 800 kcals, and get pretty close. I do exercise a ton, at a pretty high intensity. I get 90-120 mins three times a week with cardio and weights, and then another 40 minutes of cardio the other four days per week. I am having to get 70-90 G Protein per day now, as my protein was low at 3 month labs. The low protein was probably related to my exercise levels. 😊

Hi. I'm 800-1000 a day. And I keep my Protein and my carbs matched at around 65 grams a day. I walk 3-5 miles a day. My losses are slow but steady. Hope this helps!

WishMESmaller... you're doing GREAT! So impressed with your workouts.