Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to my pre admission testing on Tuesday and I was waiting for them to call me in the waiting room and I was reading the forms they handed me at check in and it had listed the VSG and then the hernia repair n then it said and possible open procedure . I almost had a full blown panic attack. I am hoping that is just in case not something they think is going to happen. My visit with the surgeon isn’t until the 24th so I have to wait until then to ask. Has anyone else seen that listed on there paper work at PAT?

On 06/10/2020 at 22:47, MsGee32 said:

I’m having VSG and my surgery date is 7/9. Nervous but super excited!

I am on the 7th and down the shore.

2 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

I went to my pre admission testing on Tuesday and I was waiting for them to call me in the waiting room and I was reading the forms they handed me at check in and it had listed the VSG and then the hernia repair n then it said and possible open procedure . I almost had a full blown panic attack. I am hoping that is just in case not something they think is going to happen. My visit with the surgeon isn’t until the 24th so I have to wait until then to ask. Has anyone else seen that listed on there paper work at PAT?

Yes love. They put that in just in case. You will have to sign consents to possible open procedure as most of these procedures are done laparoscopic but surgeons must be prepared to go in openly of complications occur. Therefore u assume the risks when u sign consents.. the case of this happening is rare... but obviously they cannot stop mid laparoscopic procedure and ask u to sign consents for an open procedure lol... be calm and have faith no complications will occur.

Hi Everyone! My name is Lori. I am having my surgery July 6th. Starting to get nervous! How are you all preparing for when you come home?

10 hours ago, IWantTheDream said:

When I had my lap band placed they had to do a hernia repair at the same time. Apparently that is common with obese people. They did not know that they were going to do that prior to me entering the OR but let me tell you I am so glad they fixed it!

On 06/11/2020 at 10:34, LoreneRN said:

When I had my lap band placed they had to do a hernia repair at the same time. Apparently that is common with obese people. They did not know that they were going to do that prior to me entering the OR but let me tell you I am so glad they fixed it!

Did they really do an open procedure for that? I know I have a hernia and mine moves up n down supposedly because we had extra time to burn from pandemic so my surgeon had me do an upper Gi study and we watched mine move up n down. Totally like me to have something difficult n unusual. I am a little scared of an open procedure. Oh who am I kidding it scares the flipping hell out of me. I’m all my daughter has if I die she has no one . I wasn’t nervous until I saw that on my paperwork. I’m a bit freaked out. I’m trying not to completely lose my head until I see the surgeon on the 24th . This is going to be a really long two weeks. 🤞

On 06/11/2020 at 10:31, LoreneRN said:

Hi Everyone! My name is Lori. I am having my surgery July 6th. Starting to get nervous! How are you all preparing for when you come home?

I just ordered condiment cups w lids from target to prepare the Jello n other quick grabs for Protein. People have been saying they are helpful. Bought a few different protein waters unflavored Protein Powder

2 hours ago, LoreneRN said:

We are twinning! Except I am having RNY due to GERD. After my 6/19 pre-op appointment I will do more prepping. Planning on have plenty of shakes around and I do have some nectar Protein powder. Will have Jello, plain soy milk for protein powders, cream of wheat Cereal (make with soy milk and protein powder), etc. I have a rowdy 10 month old puppy I am thinking about sending for training while I recover so I don’t have him jumping all over me. I am hoping to be able to work from home for a few hours in the morning of my second week of recovery. We will see if I can manage. How about you?

I am hoping! They have not given me my surgery date yet because of Covid. They are starting to open back up a bit with the surgeries. I am having RNY! Excited but nervous!

11 hours ago, LoreneRN said:

Hi, Lori, July 16 gastric bypass here. I have a lot of preparation to do! I just got insurance approval on Monday, and I didn't want to get ahead of myself and start buying stuff before I got approved. I think this weekend, I will go on a BariatricPal shopping spree. I also need to figure out my transportation to and from the hospital.

July 9th for me! It was originally scheduled for mid-April but was canceled. I can't wait but nervous. First surgery ever in my 62 years.

Good for you! I can’t wait until they call me with the date! I had my knee replaced three years ago and have had several surgeries so this isn’t my first one. It is, however, my first abdominal surgery. I am hoping it won’t be to horribly bad. Looking forward to the change in lifestyle and feeling healthy!!!! Good luck, do keep me posted on how it goes and how you are doing!