Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BigSue said:

*Hugs*

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. My surgery isn't until next week, so I can't tell you from my own experience, but when I am having doubts, I like to look at before and after pictures for inspiration.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/241042-before-and-after-pics/

There are so many people on this forum whose lives have changed for the better because of WLS. Before I decided to have WLS, I actively looked for people who regretted their WLS so I could make sure to weigh the pros and cons, and they are hard to find because the overwhelming majority of people who share their WLS stories say that it's all worth it.

I don't know about you, but for me (and most people), it was a long process to get approved for the surgery and complete all of the requirements. You've had a long time to think about it, and I'm sure you had really good reasons to do it. Trust yourself and your judgment! Hang in there! I bet you will feel better once you start to see amazing results.

BigSue it is common to feEl the way you feel. I had my sleeve on the 8th and all of sudden felt like what the heck did I do this for.. Journal bc on tough days you can go back and read why you made these decisions. I am worried about having fun again too... but I also know that soon I can fly and feel comfortable, but a new dress or suit... maybe I can even go sleeveless for once. What’s your big picture of things you want to do, to wear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Maryeuh said:

I was devastated, believe me. But I am in Florida and it is crazy down here at the moment. I am trying not to be selfish, I know hospital beds are going to others with much more important agendas right now. Its a week by week things the scheduler told me so lets hope I can get rescheduled in a few weeks!

Where n FL? I'm supposed to have surgery in Boca Raton on 7/21. It was cancelled once, but they moved me to another hospital. My Dr. is on vacation this week (7/12-7/19) so I'm not sure I'll find out until he gets back...yay. liquid diet is not easy when you aren't sure that the surgery is going to happen. I know I will get it eventually and I understand there are others who need the hospital beds,,,but I still REALLY want it!

-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jo..di said:

Just had my surgery on the 7th..... I’m feeling very shamed and regretful..... I’m happy I did this surgery excise I’ve been putting it off for months but I keep having the thoughts that I could’ve lived with the extra weight. Yeah I was diagnosed as obese and it affect me physically, and emotionally.... but even so I still feel like I made a bad decision with the sleeve. I’m only a couple days post op so maybe that’s why I’m feeling like this. I’m having gas pain and I’m really struggling to get down my liquids. I’m often wondering when will I be able to eat normally? How much will I be able to eat? I don’t want to live life being conscious of what I’m eating and only eating 2-3 small bites of food.... how am I gonna go to a restaurant with friends and can barely finish my plate and everyone is noticing me. My mother had the same surgery and is doing good but she eats a small amount... even before surgery I didn’t really eat much, I barely finished my plate but I always had small amounts. I guess this restriction will be good for me but I’m worried that I won’t be able to eat “normally” :( I’m probably feeling this because I just had surgery huh??

My surgery isnt scheduled until july 29 but I started yesterday getting cold feet and having these exact thought just on the forefront of surgery like "Do i really want to go through with this? Can I do this? What if I am miserable" etc etc.... I guess I am just not 100% sure anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgery is tomorrow guys! 😬😬😬 I won’t lie I’m nervous (especially knowing family won’t be there). The last few days have been filled with nerves and wondering if I’m doing what’s best for me. But! I know this is the best possible decision & I know that I’m going to be so much happier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BigSue said:

Good luck! Are they going to be able to get the test results back in one day? My test was supposed to be Monday (3 days before my surgery), but they called me yesterday afternoon and told me to get the test early because it’s taking longer to get results now. I hope I get my results quickly because I cannot stop worrying. Even if it’s bad news, I’d like to know as soon as possible.

Hey! I had my test done Friday & my results came in at 3am on Saturday! I was able to check them on “MyChart”. I was worrying too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, danielleleigh90 said:

Hey! I had my test done Friday & my results came in at 3am on Saturday! I was able to check them on “MyChart”. I was worrying too!

That's great to hear! Good luck tomorrow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2020 at 6:44 AM, Maryeuh said:

Hey everyone, so bad news. My surgery for july 14th was cancelled. Not sure when it will be scheduled again. I was so close. Im upset, but Im keeping in mind that I will eventually have my surgery. Im just trying to stay positive. Ill keep on with my diet. Not much more I can do at this time.

Just wanted to chime in on how bad I feel for you about this. I have been pretty self absorbed the last week or so.

Try to stay focused on your end goal as much as possible! Walk, eat good food to nourish your body and mind. Know we are all going to be waiting for you here. 💕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jo..di said:

Just had my surgery on the 7th..... I’m feeling very shamed and regretful..... I’m happy I did this surgery excise I’ve been putting it off for months but I keep having the thoughts that I could’ve lived with the extra weight. Yeah I was diagnosed as obese and it affect me physically, and emotionally.... but even so I still feel like I made a bad decision with the sleeve. I’m only a couple days post op so maybe that’s why I’m feeling like this. I’m having gas pain and I’m really struggling to get down my liquids. I’m often wondering when will I be able to eat normally? How much will I be able to eat? I don’t want to live life being conscious of what I’m eating and only eating 2-3 small bites of food.... how am I gonna go to a restaurant with friends and can barely finish my plate and everyone is noticing me. My mother had the same surgery and is doing good but she eats a small amount... even before surgery I didn’t really eat much, I barely finished my plate but I always had small amounts. I guess this restriction will be good for me but I’m worried that I won’t be able to eat “normally” :( I’m probably feeling this because I just had surgery huh??

Hope you are feeling more positive 👍 This is my day 4 of postop. I read your post and felt the same. When in pain and exhausted, you can loose your way. BUT YOU GOT THIS!
I wanted to share this great recipe:https://bariatricbits.com/pureed-classic-egg-salad/

Little things can make you smile and I was struggling with what to eat before Bc I was surrounded by fake salad eaters and I felt uncomfortable eating what I wanted Ed and not salad and now post op I was stuck . My food will be different but my simple pleasures will be plentiful bc I won’t be a diabetic or obese or any other health related issue that causes me to sit out of the fun or spend more time with doctors then I do with friends. I would also rather eat 4oz of chicken, steak and turkey then a salad any day!! Hope that made you laugh! Have a great day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Swjtes said:

Hope you are feeling more positive 👍 This is my day 4 of postop. I read your post and felt the same. When in pain and exhausted, you can loose your way. BUT YOU GOT THIS!
I wanted to share this great recipe:https://bariatricbits.com/pureed-classic-egg-salad/

Little things can make you smile and I was struggling with what to eat before Bc I was surrounded by fake salad eaters and I felt uncomfortable eating what I wanted Ed and not salad and now post op I was stuck . My food will be different but my simple pleasures will be plentiful bc I won’t be a diabetic or obese or any other health related issue that causes me to sit out of the fun or spend more time with doctors then I do with friends. I would also rather eat 4oz of chicken, steak and turkey then a salad any day!! Hope that made you laugh! Have a great day!

Loving you positive outlook, Swtjtes! My first week post-op has had some huge swings from misery to feeling pretty good. Officially my puréed stage starts tomorrow, but have already started to incorporate a few things the last two days. I might try that egg salad for lunch today. eggs have always been my go to for an iffy belly, so it has been weird to not be trying to incorporate them.

I am totally with you on looking forward to savoring smaller portions of tasty, nourishing foods! I love to cook, so it will eventually be nice to work out making incredibly yummy, small portion meals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

good luck to everyone joining the journey this week! Sending good vibes :)

I am having my pre-op tomorrow, hopefully my PCP is kinder lol. I have to do my covid test in 1 week. I had Covid in April with "mild" symptoms, positive antibody. I am hoping my test is negative and that my antibodies will offer some protection. I will keep folks posted about my hemoglobin (to help others who didn't get medical clearance due to this). I am praying its at an 11 and above. The Hematologist believe it should be a 12 or close to 12 by tomorrow.🤯

Also, I have a 2 day pre-op liquid diet. However, I will do a 7 day liquid diet beginning this Wednesday.

Edited by Repeatingthoughts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm scheduled for July 16th! I'm so freaking excited! Good luck to you all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dancindew said:

I'm scheduled for July 16th! I'm so freaking excited! Good luck to you all!

woohoo!!! almost there, good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hyped myself up so much yesterday and I still have to wait 4 more days. Covid test tomorrow, not looking forward to it again. It's not like I go anywhere as an introvert, my life is self quarantine lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in Texas, and I think my surgery will have to be postponed (Gov cancelled elective surgeries for the area I'm in), but my doctor won't confirm that yet. I started my pre-op liquid diet Thursday and I feel like I might just fall apart if I go through this for two weeks only to be told that my surgery is off, when I could have been told that on day 2. How long can you safely stay in ketosis?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×