Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Well, hospital #3 has cancelled elective surgeries. Boo! Now they are looking into out patient surgery but I would need a hotel room close by...and reading some of the stories make me think I should wait the 6-8 weeks that they think it will be before they can do the surgery with a hospital stay. No change in price, but that is what out patient costs up in Orlando, so....thoughts??? liquid diet day 7...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/08/2020 at 16:13, BigSue said:



July 16! Just got approved. When I started, it seemed so far away, and now it's like, holy crap, only 3 and a half weeks until the dreaded pre-op diet. I don't want to get too excited because a lot can happen in a month, especially now when nobody knows what's going to happen with the pandemic, but I'm another step closer.


I’m also July 16th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to the hospital this morning for my Gastric Bypass. Excited and nervous but so happy to start this new journey in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Michael2428 said:

Going to the hospital this morning for my Gastric Bypass. Excited and nervous but so happy to start this new journey in my life.

Good luck! I'm just two days behind you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2020 at 11:18 AM, Swjtes said:

Sleeved on Wed 7/8. Came home yesterday. Can’t lie long night after surgery and very very happy to be home. On liquids yesterday and today. Purée food tomorrow:) hanging in there but need mental strength to go thru this .. so ouch thru and stay strong .

You got this!!! We are sleeve twins...yay!!! Some days are better than other.. but we will get through this I promise!!!!!

14 minutes ago, BigSue said:

Good luck! I'm just two days behind you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigSue said:

Good luck! I'm just two days behind you!

God luck to both of you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My date is July 21st ! Slightly nervous , I am more familiar with the sleeve but I’m having bypass and I feel , I don’t have enough knowledge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/14/2020 at 03:40, Michael2428 said:



Going to the hospital this morning for my Gastric Bypass. Excited and nervous but so happy to start this new journey in my life.


Best of luck speedy recovery 🍀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, kellym1220 said:

Well, hospital #3 has cancelled elective surgeries. Boo! Now they are looking into out patient surgery but I would need a hotel room close by...and reading some of the stories make me think I should wait the 6-8 weeks that they think it will be before they can do the surgery with a hospital stay. No change in price, but that is what out patient costs up in Orlando, so....thoughts??? liquid diet day 7...

So I had bypass and my surgery happened about 2:30 PM. I got to my hospital room around 6:00 PM. I would have been fine at home after about 9-10 PM. Those first few hours I was pretty out of it, but even then I was was getting up and walking around by myself. The only time I needed help moving around was my first walk around 7 PM. I was pretty dopey and made my husband walk with me. The only thing I needed all night was ice chips that I could have gotten myself if allowed.

Ultimately it is up to you and your comfort level. Some questions to think about: Have you had surgery before? How did you feel after anesthesia? How was your nausea? Do you have someone that would be comfortable with you in the hotel post-op? Do you have any conditions that already make it hard for you to get around?

Ps. If you do decide to go with the outpatient, ask your surgeon about a scopolamine patch. It really helped eliminate almost all post-op nausea for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received a call yesterday to go over information for my Surgery on July 22nd. I'm excited but also have a strong feeling it will be canceled again. She did state they are back to a day to day basis decision whether they can proceed with surgeries that day. Thanks California :( I have my preop video chat with the Doctor this Thursday and have my COVID/preop testing on Monday. I hope all goes according to plan but I am more mentally prepared this time to receive another cancellation. I am so happy and excited for everyone that has been able to proceed with your surgeries and hope to join you guys soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I feel so defeated. Cant stop crying. After delaying my surgery due to Covid and again due to chronic Anemia. I raised my hemoglobin to a 12.1...my PCP informed me I have a UTI and won't clear me until the UTI is gone. I am now on Cipro and drinking a lot of Water. I have to see PCP again Tuesday..surgery is Thursday. I don't even know what to do.

Edited by Repeatingthoughts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/14/2020 at 13:58, Repeatingthoughts said:



I feel so defeated. Cant stop crying. After delaying my surgery due to Covid and again due to chronic Anemia. I raised my hemoglobin to a 12.1...my PCP informed me I have a UTI and won't clear me until the UTI is gone. I am now on Cipro and drinking a lot of Water. I have to see PCP again Tuesday..surgery is Thursday. I don't even know what to do.


Talk to your surgeon they can still choose to do the surgery with or without your PCP release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

Talk to your surgeon they can still choose to do the surgery with or without your PCP release.

Thank you Dream, I just finished speaking to my surgeon's PA she also agrees I should wait. If needed they will push me up to the following week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 days and counting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×