Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 minutes ago, Lmpg said:

Hey. I'm same surgery day as you. Why so long on pre diet? I thought my 14 days is hard. I'm only allowed shakes, broth, Jello, and popsicles. I'm more excited than nervous now but have been pretty nervous earlier in process for sure. You can do this! We got to stick together!

My pre op diet is that same as yours pretty much.

its getting real!! 2 more weeks and I am on the other side. I am so excited for all of us.

Just checking in fellow July 2020 surgery frens. My surgery was July 7, was supposed to be discharged yesterday, however I was not passing enough urine to satisfy the requirements to go home. They had to straight cath me 3 times yesterday. After the 3rd one, I was able to go an acceptable amount.
Night 2 was much more laid back. I was not poked or prodded every hour, only when I got up or every 4 hours.
They sent me home on the full liquid diet which is much better than the clear liquid. 👍🏼
I got home around 2ish and I am still so tired, so I took a nap and just woke up.
Time for those pain meds. Liquid acetaminophen and codeine as needed. Pain isn’t as bad as I had figured it would be. 🙏🏼

I hope all of those who had surgery have had a fairly easy go like me.

Mine was move to July 16, they call me this morning it was on the 20th before. I been on the liquid diet since Sunday, and feel better already.

I had VSG and Hiatal hernia on July 7th and at 7:30am and stayed one night in hospital. Some how in surgery or transferring they messed up my hip I could barely stand on it the first day. Now it’s starting to go back to its normal bad hip self. I have been in a crazy amount of pain. One of the cuts is really inflamed and it burns when I move. I can’t bend at all. I am drinking fine but I bought an unflavored Protein Powder and they lied it has a very gross taste to it. What kind of unflavored Protein powder are all you guys that had surgery already using

Sleeved on Wed 7/8. Came home yesterday. Can’t lie long night after surgery and very very happy to be home. On liquids yesterday and today. Purée food tomorrow:) hanging in there but need mental strength to go thru this .. so ouch thru and stay strong .

53 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

I had VSG and Hiatal hernia on July 7th and at 7:30am and stayed one night in hospital. Some how in surgery or transferring they messed up my hip I could barely stand on it the first day. Now it’s starting to go back to its normal bad hip self. I have been in a crazy amount of pain. One of the cuts is really inflamed and it burns when I move. I can’t bend at all. I am drinking fine but I bought an unflavored Protein Powder and they lied it has a very gross taste to it. What kind of unflavored Protein powder are all you guys that had surgery already using

I have nectar unflavored Protein powder that I made some protein Jello shots with! It has no taste at all! The jello is a little grainy but not so bad I can't eat it. I taste the flavor of the jello actually. Oh! Sugarfree jello that is. My surgery was the 6th and just now starting to feel a bit better. I pray you feel better soon as well!!

5 hours ago, Catlove23 said:

I just got released yesterday...I feeling very tired and the side that was operated in is very painful

I so agree!! Exhausted and managing the pain. Hang in there . Better days are coming.

Hi everyone! I hope that everyone who had their surgery is feeling better & doing well! I wanted to chime in that I am scheduled for a July 17th surgery, and am worried about pain & dehydration afterwards. thanks for everybody's help in knowing what to expect, and how to manage the process. good luck to all!! :) :)

4 hours ago, IWantTheDream said:

Just a thought of “unflavored” Protein powder is making me nauseated right now. I bought the Unjury on the recommendation of some folks on this forum and it is a whole new level of foul. It will be heading into the garbage. Next up, I ordered some genpro. Hopefully it will be better. Sorry about your incisional pain. Hang in there!

I was sleeved on the 7th. I had to stay an additional day since I wasn’t passing gas or taking in enough Fluid and was discharged yesterday. I’m still not taking in enough fluid as nutrients required ( 2-4 oz/hr) I’m getting 6-8 per day!
The pain was crazy the first two days, now it’s manageable with Tylenol. I’m also doing intentional walking ~25 min other than the moving around the house walking.
Chamomile tea with no sugar is a great way to get rid of gas! Make sure to have it
How is everyone doing so far?

Hey everyone, so bad news. My surgery for july 14th was cancelled. Not sure when it will be scheduled again. I was so close. Im upset, but Im keeping in mind that I will eventually have my surgery. Im just trying to stay positive. Ill keep on with my diet. Not much more I can do at this time.