Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Age were you when Banded or if you're considering Banding?

How Old Were You when Banded? Or working to get Banded?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How Old Were You when Banded? Or working to get Banded?

• Under 21
    • 21-40
    • 40-60
    • 60+

I had a friend tell me her doctor told her she is too old to be banded at 60 and I thought I've seen postings of some on this website over 60 so I'm curious to see how old you were when you got your band or how old you are now if you're going through the approvals/insurance process to get banded in the upcoming year.

I'm 51 now and will 52 by the time I get banded.

Thanks.

:D

Hi:

I was 47 when banded. I wish I could have done it 20 years ago!

Sue

Hi! I am 54 and very happy with my band. I did not need one when I was younger. I did not start really gaining until about five years ago. Glad i did this, it has given me back my health. Donna

I am 34. I have been looking into it since I was 31. I wanted all the reserch before commiting myself. 19 days till surgery!

I am currently age 48 and was banded last week. I was a normal weight (120 - 135) until age 31 then all hell broke loose. By 33 I weighed 180. By age 36 I had hit 200 lbs. I week before banding I weighed 250 even. 11 days post op I have lost 7 pounds.

I started looking into it at 39, wanted to have it done before 40, missed that mark by 1 month. There is a thread for older bandsters, some of them are in their 60's. Does your friend have other health issues that might make the surgery more complicated?

I was 38 when I was banded almost a year ago. Had been thinking about gastric bypass for over 5 years but was afraid of it. Glad I got the band. Wish I could have gotten it 5 years ago.

I considered banding shortly after my 28th birthday. I think I could have given traditional diets "one more try", but my surgeon pointed out NO PREGNANCY for at least 2 years after banding, and better to wait 3. I have also run 3 marathons at my heavy weight and still no significant weight loss. So frustrating, but I decided to do banding now. I am happy with my decision, and look forward to running another marathon at a lighter weight.... and improve my speed!

I was 59 when I was banded..two months before my 60th birthday. DH was 62 when he was banded. Would do it again in a heartbeat.