Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I lost 202 pounds in 12 months!

Well everyone i'm here to tell you this surgery works wonders. I was 377 pounds in December 2018. It's now the end of Dec of 2019 and i'm 175 pounds and healthy. I ate nothing but low carb Protein food 5 times a day for the last year and 3 weeks. All i did was walk on a treadmill 4 times a week for a mile a day. I never cheated on my hardcore diet. I've only puked 7 times or so by eating too much since surgery in the last year. As we all do, i had to learn the hard way sometimes. I couldn't be happier and I have hit my goal weight. I am here to tell you if you follow the doctors orders it works.

Having said that i did go against doctors orders shortly after getting home. I was starving (or so i thought) and ate meat from the first week on. Probably not a good idea. I could only get down 3 bites. I had this grand plan to portion out food and bag it up and freeze it so i could heat it up.... it all went in the garbage.

First day after surgery i could only have 3 sips of Water. Stomach made weird sounds and such. I highly suggest everyone takes off work 2 weeks afterwords. I went back to work with in 10 days and i was a mess. I was dizzy every single time i stood up for about a month or two.

Your body will adjust and you have to do the hard work on the treadmill. My back was killing me before surgery. I could hardly stand up to order at least a pound of food per meal. It goes away.... you have to do the hard work and work though the pain. Walk a mile on the treadmill at 0230 in the morning when no one else is there like I did.

It's a struggle but it pays off in the end. Work hard and listen to your doc's. I wish you all the best.

Starting weight 377 pounds

Now: 175 pounds

Waist starting: 50 inches

Now: 30 inches

Shirt size starting: 5XL

Now: M to L

BMI starting: 50

BMI now: 23

huge.PNG

skinny.PNG

Edited by McCaw1980

Amazing work mate

12 minutes ago, Superman84 said:

Amazing work mate

I just had my first trip to AU this past Sept. (profile picture is at the AU Zoo!) I flew coach class for 15 hours to get there and fit! Visited Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Warwick, and Sunshine coast. I was right around 200 pounds then. I love your country man! Going back next year! Hope you are well!

200.PNG

Edited by McCaw1980

You forgot to visit Adelaide

We have a great wine region and excellent beaches all over.

Hills all around our city very green leafy city

1 minute ago, Superman84 said:

You forgot to visit Adelaide

We have a great wine region and excellent beaches all over.

Hills all around our city very green leafy city

It's on the agenda in the near future. I was going to do a southern AU tour to Taz, Adelaide, and Melbourne. It's in the works for 2021 or 2022! Going to fly into Brisbane in 2020 and use Warwick as my home base for 2 weeks. Might head west from there and check out the outback from there this time.

Edited by McCaw1980

30 minutes ago, McCaw1980 said:

It's on the agenda in the near future. I was going to do a southern AU tour to Taz, Adelaide, and Melbourne. It's in the works for 2021 or 2022! Going to fly into Brisbane in 2020 and use Warwick as my home base for 2 weeks. Might head west from there and check out the outback from there this time.

Nice well it's summer right now 100F very warm

1 minute ago, Superman84 said:

Nice well it's summer right now 100F very warm

Yeah and you have a lot of outback fires going we are wishing you all the best from here. I live out west in the US and we get them all the time in Cali and Nevada where i live.

2 minutes ago, Losingit2018 said:

Wow!!! You did an amazing job and look great!!!

Big congratulations to you!

Thank you! 😃

Amazing! You could be the poster child for WLS!

@McCaw1980, holy CRAP you look amazing. Even those last 25 lbs lost from September to now can totally be seen in your latest After Picture. You must be busting with pride :)

P.S. I think I may have the exact same pic on the beach with the buildings in the background (with a heavier me in it)..Gold Coast?

Edited by ms.sss

Congratulations!🎊🎈🎉 You have your whole new life ahead of you...may you enjoy it to the fullest with many trips, and joyous adventures!

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

@McCaw1980, holy CRAP you look amazing. Even those last 25 lbs lost from September to now can totally be seen in your latest After Picture. You must be busting with pride :)

P.S. I think I may have the exact same pic on the beach with the buildings in the background (with a heavier me in it)..Gold Coast?

YES Gold coast right there! hahahaha! Great area! I can't wait to get back!