Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Tale of Two Arm Lifts (rs & ms.sss)

Ok. so I finally took a good look at my tummy this morning after another unsuccessful attempt at Number-Two-ing (Poop-watch: Day 8 and counting... :( ).

So I know I'm bloated. I mean, I haven't pooped in 8 days, for eff's sakes. And I also know I'm swollen from the surgery. But my midsection is huge right now. My stomach was flatter when I walked into the operating room. Mind, you, it is now smoother and tighter, but man, it's also BIGGER.

Naturally, I did what my surgeon told me not to do: I busted out my measuring tape.

Now I normally take my measurements every Wednesday, but in the flurry of getting ready for surgery last Wed, I forgot to take them. So my comparison measurements are 2 weeks old.

RESULTS:

• Calves remained the same: no change. I think I have those lovely leg massagers at the hospital to thank for this.
  • Hip & Thigh measurements increased by about +1 inch. I'm still swollen. Fine.
  • Boobs increased by +2.5 inches. Now granted they are also swollen, but they are also higher up now so my back is wider higher up. So i think this measurement can't really be compared to the old one. Fine.
  • Arms remained the same: no change. Which is odd because they visibly look TINY to me. I know I am swollen there, and it was all just skin removed from that area so I sort of get it. Plus, I took the measurement with my garment on cuz its a pain to take off (unlike sports bra and ab binder). So judgement reserved for later. Fine, for now.
  • BUT my Waist!!!! an increase of +4.5 inches!! WTF?!?!? I went from 25.5" two weeks ago to 31" !!!! And my drains were only producing less than 10mL those last 24 hours they were in !!! So there isn't THAT much Fluid left in me!!! And yeah, I haven't pooped in 8 days, but I haven't eaten much either!!! I won't fit into my pants for for the next 3 days of xmas parties!!!! And I have really cute pants!!!!

Ahem. OK. Freak-out over. BTW, my fellow Winter PS patients, do you find yourselves a little more emotional than usual....???? @rs @sillykitty @okayestmom @mousecat88

P.S. This is exactly why my surgeon told me not to measure yet.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

BTW, my fellow Winter PS patients, do you find yourselves a little more emotional than usual....????

I haven't noticed a difference. But I'm post menopause which might be a factor.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

I won't fit into my pants for for the next 3 days of xmas parties!!!! And I have really cute pants!!!!

Oh that sux 😠

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Ok. so I finally took a good look at my tummy this morning after another unsuccessful attempt at Number-Two-ing (Poop-watch: Day 8 and counting... :( ).

So I know I'm bloated. I mean, I haven't pooped in 8 days, for eff's sakes. And I also know I'm swollen from the surgery. But my midsection is huge right now. My stomach was flatter when I walked into the operating room. Mind, you, it is now smoother and tighter, but man, it's also BIGGER.

Naturally, I did what my surgeon told me not to do: I busted out my measuring tape.

Now I normally take my measurements every Wednesday, but in the flurry of getting ready for surgery last Wed, I forgot to take them. So my comparison measurements are 2 weeks old.

RESULTS:

• Calves remained the same: no change. I think I have those lovely leg massagers at the hospital to thank for this.
  • Hip & Thigh measurements increased by about +1 inch. I'm still swollen. Fine.
  • Boobs increased by +2.5 inches. Now granted they are also swollen, but they are also higher up now so my back is wider higher up. So i think this measurement can't really be compared to the old one. Fine.
  • Arms remained the same: no change. Which is odd because they visibly look TINY to me. I know I am swollen there, and it was all just skin removed from that area so I sort of get it. Plus, I took the measurement with my garment on cuz its a pain to take off (unlike sports bra and ab binder). So judgement reserved for later. Fine, for now.
  • BUT my Waist!!!! an increase of +4.5 inches!! WTF?!?!? I went from 25.5" two weeks ago to 31" !!!! And my drains were only producing less than 10mL those last 24 hours they were in !!! So there isn't THAT much Fluid left in me!!! And yeah, I haven't pooped in 8 days, but I haven't eaten much either!!! I won't fit into my pants for for the next 3 days of xmas parties!!!! And I have really cute pants!!!!

Ahem. OK. Freak-out over. BTW, my fellow Winter PS patients, do you find yourselves a little more emotional than usual....???? @rs @sillykitty @okayestmom @mousecat88

P.S. This is exactly why my surgeon told me not to measure yet.

it's because of the swelling. You'll have pretty significant swelling off & on for the first three months or so. I agree with your surgeon - hide your tape measure!

I didn’t measure anything, but I know I must be swollen. I put on pants over the compression garments and my belt didn’t tighten to the usual hole. It seems weird to be “bigger” even though I can look down and see that my tummy is flatter. My thighs are a little bruised and swollen as well. I really don’t see much difference there, but I could not see the difference in a lot of the before and after pics of other people.

Emotions-are in check because my adult children came home for the holidays and we have been busy and distracted. Prior to them coming home, I literally told my husband I needed to leave the house and go do something because I felt depressed. I tried walking on the treadmill, but the compression garment rubbed the incision area when I walked faster. It is doing better now, but I miss my exercise endorphins. I ate one cookie, a lemon bar, and a small chocolate during our Holiday meal and I felt like I was going to die. Started sweating and my heart was racing. I generally avoid all processed food and sugar, but I thought it would be okay to cheat a little. Took about 3 hrs to return to normal. Just one sweet treat every once in a while from now on.

For some reason I feel like the arm surgery would be the most painful I am hoping for a speedy recovery for all of you.

Today is 2 weeks since surgery. I will have my husband take some pics tomorrow after the kids leave and post some progress pics.

5 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

This could be the day?!

Poop-watch DAY 9 : So far, so NOT so good...

(Took MOM this morning...still waiting...)

P.S. I need that shirt.

P.P.S. Is that you in the pic holding up the shirt?!?

Edited by ms.sss

3 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Poop-watch DAY 9 : So far, so NOT so good...

(Took MOM this morning...still waiting...)

P.S. I need that shirt.

P.P.S. Is that you in the pic holding up the shirt?!?

Yes, that's me in front of the town square Christmas tree. It was like hurry up hubby before someone see's me!!! Haha. The vivacious and friendly shoppe owner is Gabriel Vhabae @ 904-497-7716. Here's the store front window for easy reference. Day 10? Maybe P-day?

IMG_2752.thumb.jpeg.54872b4765ee15676034a9b694685e2b.jpeg IMG_2736.thumb.jpeg.c62217ce47b3e1f1759aa8eaabc40cf4.jpeg

Did ya have a big poo yet? I fear it will be RBB (Rosemary's Baby Bad). ((hugs)) #shudder

:691_balloon:

22 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

This could be the day?!IMG_2753.thumb.jpeg.8648539f271edd66f4f3b7286667a5a4.jpeg

I seriously want this! LOL

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Did ya have a big poo yet? I fear it will be RBB (Rosemary's Baby Bad). ((hugs)) #shudder

:691_balloon:

Day 10: Still waiting. 😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓

Do you think you can eat some prunes in addition to the MOM? I eat 2-3 occasionally and it helped and I tolerated it (no dumping etc).

33 minutes ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Do you think you can eat some prunes in addition to the MOM? I eat 2-3 occasionally and it helped and I tolerated it (no dumping etc).

Had dose of MOM this am (about 5 hours ago). I just asked Mr. to to pick me up some prunes and prune juice, thx!

I'm contemplating downing a bowl of REAL ice cream...I haven't decided yet if feeling like death for a couple hours is worth it. Or if it will even work....

6 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Had dose of MOM this am (about 5 hours ago). I just asked Mr. to to pick me up some prunes and prune juice, thx!

I'm contemplating downing a bowl of REAL ice cream...I haven't decided yet if feeling like death for a couple hours is worth it. Or if it will even work....

Get glycerine suppositories, have gloves standing by, hydrate like cray!!! I'm so so so sorry. This was my Christmas morning last year!!! Oh and also have a couple of Fleets enemas standing by JIC. ((hugs))

13 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Had dose of MOM this am (about 5 hours ago).

I'd personally roll the dice on another 4tbsp dose with a crap ton of water...but that's just what I personally do.