Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Tale of Two Arm Lifts (rs & ms.sss)

4 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Edited to add: My VSG pain was about a 1.5 and my PS pain peaked at about a 7

Opposites!

8 hours ago, rs said:

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you're doing really well! And with a TT too! #jealous

How are you feeling today @rs?

29 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

How are you feeling today @rs?

Meh. I unhooked this dang garment again today because it's so unbearable. I also pulled up the sleeves to above my elbow because it hurts so bad when I bend my arm. Kinda dumb because now the only purpose this garment is serving is to hold the pinned drain tubes lol. Still haven't taken a shower. Waiting until Sunday. Will take the garment completely off for that, and use a lanyard to hang the drain tubes on. I shudder thinking about putting that damn garment back on afterward! With the garment open now I can see the side boob scar. So purply and scary looking. Going stir crazy now after so many days of not leaving the house.

Edited by rs

@ms.sss where in Canada do you live? I'm in WA state, a couple hours from Vancouver.

Edited by rs

10 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Get comfortable, this is a long one...

Wow, what a lot you had done in the end, funny haha about the gum comment, "oh yeah chuck in the TT too" haha but sounds like it is all working out really well and you are recovering beautifully!

Keep getting better and keep us updated! :D

Your hospital food looks heaps better than poor @sillykitty was served but still not super tasty or fresh healthy nom noms!

1 hour ago, rs said:

@ms.sss where in Canada do you live? I'm in WA state, a couple hours from Vancouver.

I'm in Toronto!

GO RAPS! GO! lol

Edited by ms.sss

25 minutes ago, DaisyChainOz said:

Your hospital food looks heaps better than poor @sillykitty was served but still not super tasty or fresh healthy nom noms!

Agree, I never thought I would have hospital food envy!

To be fair my food was technically nursing home food, the care center was like 75% nursing home. But that makes it kind of sadder because it's not just a short hospital stay's worth of meals, but month after month, year after year 😲

1 hour ago, rs said:

Meh. I unhooked this dang garment again today because it's so unbearable. I also pulled up the sleeves to above my elbow because it hurts so bad when I bend my arm. Kinda dumb because now the only purpose this garment is serving is to hold the pinned drain tubes lol. Still haven't taken a shower. Waiting until Sunday. Will take the garment completely off for that, and use a lanyard to hang the drain tubes on. I shudder thinking about putting that damn garment back on afterward! With the garment open now I can see the side boob scar. So purply and scary looking. Going stir crazy now after so many days of not leaving the house.

I'm feeling you on the discomfort. My arms under the ace bandages started to get itchy tonite. I'm hoping is not a permanent thing, cuz these bandages are supposed to stay on until Monday! (my boob tensors and ab binders are not bothersome in the least though. go figure.)

Get outside for a walk! It will make you feel better ❤️

Day 3

Edited by ms.sss

13 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I'm feeling you on the discomfort. My arms under the ace bandages started to get itchy tonite. I'm hoping is not a permanent thing, cuz these bandages are supposed to stay on until Monday! (my boob tensors and ab binders are not bothersome in the least though. go figure.)

Get outside for a walk! It will make you feel better ❤️

I had horrible itching - but evidently I was having an allergic reaction to the surgical tape or glue. Since you're not having it in other places, though, then that's probably not it..

1 hour ago, catwoman7 said:

I had horrible itching - but evidently I was having an allergic reaction to the surgical tape or glue. Since you're not having it in other places, though, then that's probably not it..

I ended up putting on that too-big-on-me compression garment recommended by @mousecat88, and then wrapping the ace bandages over it. Heaven sent! (good thing I didn't get around to returning it) Itchiness gone!

I'm going to ask my mom to tailor it so that it fits properly since I used it. It really is a good design.

@rs: i was thinking maybe look into getting one of these (mousecat had a link to it in her PS thread). I was also thinking that maybe the garment they gave you isn't the right size/fit for you.

@rs : just thought of another thing to ask you...you mentioned that it hurt you to pull on and off the garment...are your incisions covered? I have a multitude of perpendicularly placed steri-strips all covered with these silicone gel-type pads. The garment that I have slips right over them (mind you it is a little loose on me, but still).

Edited by ms.sss

11 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I was also thinking that maybe the garment they gave you isn't the right size/fit for you.

@ms.sss I've been wondering the same thing. It simply just might be too small. I've only got 2 more days until my follow up Dr appointment so I'll tough it out until then. I'll see what he says on Monday.

Edited by rs

14 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

@rs: i was thinking maybe look into getting one of these (mousecat had a link to it in her PS thread). I was also thinking that maybe the garment they gave you isn't the right size/fit for you.

Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2TWL6F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2Wz3DbE7DE8XR

11 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

@rs : just thought of another thing to ask you...you mentioned that it hurt you to pull on and off the garment...are your incisions covered? I have a multitude of perpendicularly placed steri-strips all covered with these silicone gel-type pads. The garment that I have slips right over them (mind you it is a little loose on me, but still).

And interestingly, my incisions are completely uncovered, and have been since the 2nd day post op