Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Tale of Two Arm Lifts (rs & ms.sss)

Some BEFORE and AFTER / IN PROGRESS pics of my left arm and abdomen!

P.S. Sorry no B&A boob pics, but I did some measurements and it looks like I went from a 30B/28C to a 30D (mind you I am still swollen so this is likely to get smaller)

*image-specific comments are include with the pics below...

Sorry everybody, I'm on a posting-spree at the moment...

Here is a pic of the compression garments in play these days (I'm aaaaaaaalmost standing up straight!)

Edited by ms.sss

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

#winning

:1352_muscle_tone3::1352_muscle_tone3::1352_muscle_tone3::1352_muscle_tone3:

@rs : are you able to put on the garment yourself? How is your arm mobility now?

@ms.sss my arm mobility is pretty good but my husband still helps me put the garment on.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Sorry everybody, I'm on a posting-spree at the moment...

Here is a pic of the compression garments in play these days (I'm aaaaaaaalmost standing up straight!)

@ms.sss Dang girl! Look at you and your hot body! Not that I'm surprised because all of your OOTD posts show that you already looked great. I'm especially oggling your beautiful legs, wow! I think you are a runner though right? I'm not willing to put in that much effort lol

@ms.sss you're healing well. But dang, I'd have been pretty happy to have your 'before' body. I'll try to take pics today or tomorrow, and will reluctantly post them.

Edited by rs

@rs
My surgeon is pretty easy going about stuff. Boobs will drop from gravity, scars will heal similarly with or without scar treatment etc.. So not surprising there was no dietary rules. I also have not heard or read anything beyond eat high Protein and take your supplements.

Also, describing your garments, I don’t think you’re a baby at all. I would be crying as well

@ms.sss
Yay! I love 💕 a happy ending!

Seeing your tummy I’m now impressed your surgeon removed even 0.8 lbs’. Also, that steristrip placement is a work of art!

18 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Seeing your tummy I’m now impressed your surgeon removed even 0.8 lbs’. Also, that steristrip placement is a work of art!

It was 400g/.88lbs from ALL the areas in total, LOL (arms, tummy, side boob)

Some BEFORE and AFTER / IN PROGRESS pics of my left arm and abdomen!
P.S. Sorry no B&A boob pics, but I did some measurements and it looks like I went from a 30B/28C to a 30D (mind you I am still swollen so this is likely to get smaller)
*image-specific comments are include with the pics below...
[/url] 
Wow!!!!!![emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji122][emoji122] Gorgeous before and absolutely fabulous after!!!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N960U using  BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/27/2019 at 08:56, ms.sss said:

First: "Also, I am not leaning to one side, I am just not symmetrical." Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!! 🤣

Now, that is so odd that you can't tighten your belt, because your midsection is exponentially smaller-looking than your before pic. And FLATTER. High five, surgeon.

Did you also get something done with your boobs? They look perkier...or are you wearing a different sports bra?

P.S. I'll try to remember to take some pics after my shower later and if they are worthy, I'll post them (all my incisions are still covered in steri-strips and I'm still swollen so it'll probably look meh). Also since the TT was a last minute decision, I don't have proper before pics of my stomach. Actually...I'ill email my surgeon's office now and see if they will forward pics he took of me last June.

Edited to Add: UPDATE: surgeons office got back to me: they aren't in the office until after the New Year, so will have to wait for the tummy Before Pics till then. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of my entire tummy bare somewhere....

The bra is a different color, but the exact same (when I find one that fits comfortably I buy them all). They did liposuction on my sides as well, so it may be the swelling that is making the bra look tighter. I am still a little disappointed I couldn’t do the fat transfer, but there are positive things about being flat chested even when I was overweight. Less sag, no under boob sweat, less weight to lift while doing a plank.

Yes, I could pay for implants, but for me, I think my body would fight a foreign object. It did a good job of forming a cyst around the bone bone fragment in my knee. I was able to function with it in there, only had it removed because it hurt when i bumped into things (and looked horrible). But if that never happened, I would never have met the plastic surgery people.

Also, if I was going to pay for something I would do my under eye bags. I’ll probably never do it though, because there is no hiding your face if something goes wrong. I know a woman of Greek decent who had hers done and she looks Chinese now...not good...

I didn’t respond right away because I wasn’t feeling well, took me a day and a half to figure out I was wearing my abdominal binder to tight. Feeling much better now. My doctors prescribed stool softener with seniside (laxative) for after surgery. It is basically collace with the same stuff that is in Smooth Move tea. I can’t imagine 19 days!!!

Also, I wonder why the left side swells more, is it a heart thing? Just curious my swelling is getting better as well. I still think the arm thing looks more painful. The pics are amazing! You look awesome! When you feel better clothes shopping is going to be more fun!

The bra is a different color, but the exact same (when I find one that fits comfortably I buy them all).

...you may be related to @sillykitty ;)

..but there are positive things about being flat chested even when I was overweight. Less sag, no under boob sweat, less weight to lift while doing a plank.

I was big-boobed since puberty. Even after my breast reduction circa 2005, I still had big boobs. I think I liked them big because other people seemed liked them. They were a no-effort confidence booster. However, I love that my boobs are smaller now. Even more so that for the first time since I was like 14 yrs old, they are PERKY. Also, I don't see a flat-chested person in your pics. You've got a plenty of boob going on up there.

Also, I wonder why the left side swells more, is it a heart thing? Just curious my swelling is getting better as well.

The nurse mentioned that the difference in swell size in my hands could be because my giant hand was the one with the IV in it. But I dunno. The left-side-heart-theory sounds like a possibility too.

When you feel better clothes shopping is going to be more fun!

Oh, shopping had long ago become a fun activity for me again. I can't afford for it to get any more fun, I will lose my house, LOL.

*** I forgot to ask you earlier: in your pics, you look like you are already standing up straight? How many days post op were you able to accomplish this? I am on day 12 and still can't do it....

Edited by ms.sss

On 12/24/2019 at 11:47 AM, ms.sss said:

BUT my Waist!!!! an increase of +4.5 inches!! WTF?!?!? I went from 25.5" two weeks ago to 31" !!!! And my drains were only producing less than 10mL those last 24 hours they were in !!! So there isn't THAT much Fluid left in me!!! And yeah, I haven't pooped in 8 days, but I haven't eaten much either!!! I won't fit into my pants for for the next 3 days of xmas parties!!!! And I have really cute pants!!!!

So I'm hoping to wear actual pants for NYE instead of these yoga pants and joggers I've been living in for the past 12 days. So I tried on my jeans and the button closed, but barely. And breathing was not the easiest, lol.

I know, I know, I'm supposed to put the tape measure away. Obviously, I'm not a good listener, as I went ahead and took some measurements.

NOTE: I just realized that my math sux and that I should have stated in my quote above that my waist measurement increase was +5.5 inches (and NOT 4.5" 🙄 )

...anyhoo, I am happy to report that my +5.5" waist circumference swell has reduced to a +2.5" swell. I'm down to 28". I wonder if when all is said and done I will get smaller than my pre-op measurement of 25.5"? He didn't take much bulk off, mostly only skin, so probably not, right?

Edited by ms.sss

On 12/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, ms.sss said:

Hand swelling comparison Day 1 (morning after surgery) vs today, Day 9 (they are almost back to normal, but not quite)

One of my nurses in the hospital joked that my left hand looked like a blown up surgical glove.

That looks so painful, my hubby has an allergy that if he is exposed does that instantly to his hands.. scary stuff!!

Ummmmm.... you sure those are correctly labelled left and right? Lol..

15 minutes ago, DaisyChainOz said:

That looks so painful, my hubby has an allergy that if he is exposed does that instantly to his hands.. scary stuff!!

Ummmmm.... you sure those are correctly labelled left and right? Lol.. 

Lol, i had to do a double take too. Phone cameras don't mirror image subjects like regular cameras do. Look at the letters on my keyboard...

43 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Lol, i had to do a double take too. Phone cameras don't mirror image subjects like regular cameras do. Look at the letters on my keyboard...

It's not mirrored no, but they are left on the left and right on the right... the keyboard is as normal and the hands are on it in the normal positions...not right on the left and left on the right as marked hehehehe when you look at the hands with the palms down the left hand has the thumb on the right of the hand and the right has the thumb on the left of the hand, they face each other inwards...

hands.jpg.a333adbf3a676c183ecb03f352f6d0de.jpg

31 minutes ago, DaisyChainOz said:

It's not mirrored no, but they are left on the left and right on the right... the keyboard is as normal and the hands are on it in the normal positions...not right on the left and left on the right as marked hehehehe when you look at the hands with the palms down the left hand has the thumb on the right of the hand and the right has the thumb on the left of the hand, they face each other inwards...

hands.jpg.a333adbf3a676c183ecb03f352f6d0de.jpg

LOL you are right! the keyboard letters are not mirrored...now why did I think they were? **

Ok, now I've got another mystery for you. in the Before pics, my left hand had the IV in it.....and I took both sets of pictures with the same phone...

????????

** Edited to add: just did a little experimenting, the mirror effect does not happen with the native camera app on the phone but it does happen when using the camera via 3rd party apps (i.e, Snapchat & Instagram). I'm pretty sure I used the native camera app to take all pics though, so I dunno why my giant IV-inserted left hand looks like its my right...??

Edited by ms.sss