Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Tale of Two Arm Lifts (rs & ms.sss)

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Bwha-hahhahhaa 😂

No I haven't tried, but now I think I have to 😂😂😂

Though i find that if I touch anywhere on my lower abdomen I feel it behind my belly button?!? #yikes

I think that weird sensation I had where I touched one spot on my incision I could feel it halfway up my torso FINALLY went away. That was freaky.

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

Yep, its official. You have like Wolverine-level healing abilities.

Hey, this is like the only surgery I've ever has where I didn't have horrible complications. I'll take it! lol. And also my breast reduction. Maybe I am just made for plastic surgery.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:33 AM, 2Bsmaller18 said:

How many days post op we’re all of you able to drive? Go to the grocery store by yourself etc?

No arm lift here, but Tummy Tuck and breast aug. I drove for the first time 17 days post op, ran errands etc. I had no issue, and could have done it probably at 10-12 days post op if I needed to. But ould have n=been more winded from the errands earlier in my recovery

Random comments ...

@ms.sss I'm very surprised it has taken you so long to stand up straight. I wonder if the tt tightening is compounded by the breast list?

I also find the more I move the less stiff I am. But once you're stiff it's hard to get moving ... a conundrum ....

@mousecat88 My belly button is still a little scabby, but seems no deeper than previous. I wouldn't expect it to be really. It's my same belly button, in the same place, just with new skin around it.

@rs Glad you're not being tortured by your previous compression gear. That made me cringe just thinking about it!

18 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

@ms.sss I'm very surprised it has taken you so long to stand up straight. I wonder if the tt tightening is compounded by the breast list? 

Honestly, the breast lift aspect of this has been a non-issue this entire time. I've had zero pain or discomfort from it since the beginning. I think perhaps its because I didn't move enough in the beginning. I was probably enjoying being waited on too much...lol

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

Honestly, the breast lift aspect of this has been a non-issue this entire time. I've had zero pain or discomfort from it since the beginning. I think perhaps its because I didn't move enough in the beginning. I was probably enjoying being waited on too much...lol

I doubt you moved less than I did. I was stuck in a hotel room for 2 solid weeks :(

Another question for you. Based on the arm lift when would you be able to color your hair at home? I am guessing the 3rd maybe 4th week?

Were you able to physically tie your own shoes, get dressed etc after a few days? When would you have been able to help a child tie their shoes etc? I am trying to figure out a guess of recovery and scheduling.

1 hour ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Another question for you. Based on the arm lift when would you be able to color your hair at home? I am guessing the 3rd maybe 4th week?

Were you able to physically tie your own shoes, get dressed etc after a few days? When would you have been able to help a child tie their shoes etc? I am trying to figure out a guess of recovery and scheduling.

If I had to, I would have been able to tie my shoelaces and put on my socks pants, etc by myself (I didn't though cuz I had Mr. and the Kid do it for me).

Anything bending down or reaching down was doable, even on the first day back home. It's when I had to do anything that required lifting my arms up that I had/have issue with.

In terms of reachability for colouring hair, I was able to comb/brush the ends of my short hair by end of 1st week. I could reach the top of my head about 10 days PO...but I had to duck my head down. I still have to duck it down a bit today at 2 weeks post-op. Right now the highest I can raise my arms is the point where my elbows are maybe an inch just below my shoulders. Anything higher and I can feel a tightness/stretching that is uncomfortable.

With that said, everyone is different. @mousecat88 was able to do so much so soon afterwards. She was able to do more at 2 days post op than I can do now at 2 weeks post-op... 🤷🏼‍♀️

this is my belly button currently. it definitely goes in quite a bit. can't wait for the redness to decrease. 20200102_140851.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

PS I hate my stretch marks!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 hours ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Coloring your hair would probably be 3rd or 4th week. The incisions/scar tissue gets tight and you have to keep stretching it and massaging it out. Holding your arms above your head that long would probably be uncomfortable. I do a few overhead tricep extensions and lat pulls at the gym and it does feel tight and I am 7ish weeks post-op. But that's a full extension and not bent, which your arms would be while coloring, I presume.

Edited by mousecat88

9 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

But that's a full extension and not bent, which your arms would be while coloring, I presume.

Good point. I can raise my arms higher if I keep them straight. When they are bent at the elbows, the range of motion is much smaller.

this is the extent of my scarring on my arms. looks lighter actually, but I'm in a dark office right now. lol. that line underneath is just from the seam of my compression garment. 20200102_164244.jpeg

Edited by mousecat88

4 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

this is the extent of my scarring on my arms. looks lighter actually, but I'm in a dark office right now. lol. that line underneath is just from the seam of my compression garment. 20200102_164244.jpeg

Wow. And you are at 7 weeks? At this rate your scars will be virtually invisible by springtime. Just in time for t-shirt weather!

My tummy scar looks about the same. A little darker in the center right above my pubic area... but I was told that area has a tendency to pull the most. Meh. I am happy with it! Going to keep up with the Calendula and basic moisturizing. No expensive scar creams or anything.

29 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

WOW. That looks amazing already. I bet it fades and will not be noticeable.