Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍁 OCT 2019 CHALLENGE 🍁

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

MID MONTH CHECK IN

How are we all doing? Autumn affecting you in anyway?

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

How are we all doing? Autumn affecting you in anyway?

It’s been a very cool fall this year. I love this weather but I notice I have become a bit more of a homebody and less active. I haven’t gained probably because I don’t have a big appetite. I just need to be aware and keep this mini-hibernation in check and short.

I’m going to a my sister’s lake house this weekend with some girlfriends, I am super excited about that. It will be nice to get away for a few days and catch up. One of my friends hasn’t seen me for a year, she doesn’t know I had surgery so I’m expecting a lot of questions. I really hate lying but I only told my husband, my kids my sister and one girlfriend.

16. Gym this morning but no abs yet. I have an ongoing list of goals for myself that I mostly carry around in my head but I've written them down as well. I should probably update the written version.

Mid Month Check In - We woke up to cold weather this morning, I could see my breath. Still not frost cold but I'm colder these days than I'm used to being. I don't like being cold. This weather is making want hot Soups and Hot Drinks so it's gotten harder to get my Water in but I keep trying. The weight just isn't moving as fast right now but it does continue to creep in the right direction. At this point, I'm just hoping for a good buffer between me and the 200s and I'm hoping this is just one of those plateaus/stalls and not where I stop. The team said that things could continue for 18 months to two years. I can't believe I'm two months away from my surgiversary. It's been a good 10 months so far!

On 10/16/2019 at 11:37 AM, seaforest said:

16. Gym this morning but no abs yet. I have an ongoing list of goals for myself that I mostly carry around in my head but I've written them down as well. I should probably update the written version.

Mid Month Check In - We woke up to cold weather this morning, I could see my breath. Still not frost cold but I'm colder these days than I'm used to being. I don't like being cold. This weather is making want hot Soups and Hot Drinks so it's gotten harder to get my Water in but I keep trying. The weight just isn't moving as fast right now but it does continue to creep in the right direction. At this point, I'm just hoping for a good buffer between me and the 200s and I'm hoping this is just one of those plateaus/stalls and not where I stop. The team said that things could continue for 18 months to two years. I can't believe I'm two months away from my surgiversary. It's been a good 10 months so far!

Don't forget any and all liquids count toward hydration goals! I drink A LOT of tea 😥 I'm cold even in the summer 😳

On 10/16/2019 at 11:12 AM, Cheeseburgh said:

It’s been a very cool fall this year. I love this weather but I notice I have become a bit more of a homebody and less active. I haven’t gained probably because I don’t have a big appetite. I just need to be aware and keep this mini-hibernation in check and short.

I’m going to a my sister’s lake house this weekend with some girlfriends, I am super excited about that. It will be nice to get away for a few days and catch up. One of my friends hasn’t seen me for a year, she doesn’t know I had surgery so I’m expecting a lot of questions. I really hate lying but I only told my husband, my kids my sister and one girlfriend.

Oooooooooo let us know how the weekend goes 🔥🍁

I love going to lakes but usually only during summer

Let's see....I was sick on Thursday and it seems like whatever it was may have been related to the Bomb Cyclone we got hit with...anyway....I was like a lump on the sofa all day in front of the boob tube. I made it back to the gym yesterday and to work. Last night in yoga class, we had a local NPR radio guy lead us through a meditation!! I'll count that that for my meditation via podcast! Currently eating my Breakfast and then headed to the gym on my way to yoga. If you'd told me I'd be like this last year, I'd have probably laughed and shook my head. I always cook what I like but can't say I've done any of my favorite meals since the surgery except for one of my salads. Haven't had Milanese or Mac & cheese. Right now, I'm working on being mindful of my tummy and not putting in more than it wants even if it means I might not meet my Protein goal that day. Hmm, I recently treated myself to new yoga pants and socks and I love them!

Day 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
My family have been away for Fall break vacation. I continue to do my Abs everywhere exercise daily. My abs do look toned...somewhat.

It's been hard doing all the self care exercises as I'm not at home and anyone knows vacation with kids is really about them! I've attended the yoga/meditation class offered in the resort though. Family has been bonding.

Most difficult conversation? My aunt calling me to tell me my Dad had passed away! Very difficult conversation!! As well as my conversation with God afterwards. I was 19 and away from home for college. My aunt lived in the city I went to college so she called me over.

Mid month update:::: I keep chugging along with plan and it's had it's ups and downs but I've tried my best to stick to plan and not get down or discouraged. Stalls are hard [emoji21][emoji57][emoji19]

All in all, getting into the thick of this lifestyle![emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

20. Sunday was a beautiful day. Went to the gym and then to yoga where I did a head stand and two hand stands! I am in awe of myself! Haven't tried a new recipe but contemplating something with carrot, parsnip, and fennel very soon.

21. Still in awe of myself. Made it to the gym this morning and then to the eye doctor. I had a cancellation around lunchtime so I took the extra hour to sort through my clothes - binning up summer stuff that might still work next year and tossing stuff that no longer fits or serves. I will definitely do some stretching (aka yoga) before the day is out.

Happy Monday!!

My worst Challenge for October has been misplacing this phone for close to a week- found out I accidently packed it up with my summer stuff- luckily not the 2 boxes of under- grown ones- I've had more things going wrong but I won't high- Jack this thread to tell them all. Look for my own September 2018 thread and I'll tell you THERE! But I have missed you all while not-communicating- GLAD I'm BACK!

Update to Monday - I did stretching and it was in the dark under the stars on my deck. So lovely and spontaneous.

22. Went to the gym and to yoga class. Have not had a power nap but I've definitely wanted one or two or three.

23. Went to the gym this morning. I think my giant "to do" list stresses me out and trying to get to places on time.

B-side: Yes, I broke out my flannel sheets for the colder months. Really, I'd probably enjoy them all year. I find them nice and cozy! I'm definitely a fan.

Edited by seaforest