Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monitoring Measurements

How many of you are monitoring your progress with your measurements in addition to watching the progress on the scale?

Mine aren't changing much in the last little bit, but here's how they've changed since before and after the sleeve.

BEFORE SURGERY 7 MONTHS POST-SLEEVE

Neck 17 Neck 16

Chest 48 Chest 44

Arm 16 Arm 13 1/2

Waist 43 Waist 41

Hips 50 Hips 45

Thigh 32 Thigh 25

Calf 15 Calf 15

I've also gone from a size 18/20 to a size 14.

I was so ashamed before surgery that I did not even take measurements or a picture. However..... I have gone from a 42DD to a 36B! And from pant size 24 to 12, which I am wearing today for the first time! And WHITE at that! (Mama said to never wear white - it would make me look fat. Like black made me look skinny?????) Woo Hoo! I am very happy with those measurements!

Ah, I am a spreadsheet addict and keeping track of my measurements (among other things) is one of the great joys in my life, lol.

I am almost 9 months out and in maintenance. Here is an excerpt from an overly-complicated spreadsheet that I maintain. Body measurement day is every Wednesday so here are the stats from last week:

Crazy.

image.thumb.png.4508d122b75e04e397bb24a934348034.png

@GradyCat...meant to ask, I read on another thread you started the carnivore diet (I can't find the original thread, so am asking here): how are you doing on it so far? Are you liking it?

Edited by ms.sss

12 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

@GradyCat...meant to ask, I read on another thread you started the carnivore diet (I can't find the original thread, so am asking here): how are you doing on it so far? Are you liking it?

Yes, it hasn't been too bad. I lost 6 pounds the first week and 1 pound the second week. Hubby lost 11 pounds the first week and hasn't weighed in yet today for his second week. It's been easy to follow. The best part is Hubby's fasting glucose has been 91 and 92 instead of the usual 130's or higher. This diet has helped me break out of my stall. It's convinced me that I wasn't eating enough and now with more calories I am finally losing weight.

1 hour ago, GradyCat said:

Yes, it hasn't been too bad. I lost 6 pounds the first week and 1 pound the second week. Hubby lost 11 pounds the first week and hasn't weighed in yet today for his second week. It's been easy to follow. The best part is Hubby's fasting glucose has been 91 and 92 instead of the usual 130's or higher. This diet has helped me break out of my stall. It's convinced me that I wasn't eating enough and now with more calories I am finally losing weight.

That's awesome for you and hubs :) Keep it up ♥️