Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You look just smashing in that lavender grey rib dress & jacket @Sophie7713 and I love the buckle detail on your new shoes. The sheep is really sweet too.

What’s the detail on the skirt of the lantern sleeve dress @ms.sss? It looks really interesting. The pencil skirt looks fabulous on you - I vote for getting it altered if possible.

PS - Had some Botox for the first time this morning - not a Botox virgin anymore. Had it put in my chin - was starting to suffer from old lady chin & (hopefully) we won’t be wearing masks for ever 😉. Was actually looking at some cheek fillers but it wouldn’t give me the gentle lift needed. Plus because of my bee allergy I can never have fillers. Not because of the fillers but because of the neutraliser that reverses the filler (if ever needed). Learn something new everyday.

9 hours ago, Arabesque said:

What’s the detail on the skirt of the lantern sleeve dress @ms.sss? It looks really interesting. The pencil skirt looks fabulous on you - I vote for getting it altered if possible

Yeah, lighting in my bedroom is not the greatest when its a cloudy day, lol.

Here is a pic of the dress on a model from the website. She's probably like 6 feet tall so the dress fits her better. The hemline and the sleeves and shoulder seams are way longer on me, the fit around my neck gapes a little and its quite loose at the waist where the bodice connects to the skirt. Basically its overall on the big side, but this is always an issue so I'm used to it. Ah, short girl problems.

As for the pencil skirt, yep, decided i'm keeping it and getting it taken in. I may try doing it myself...lol

2041515653_ScreenShot2021-10-22at9_32_21AM.thumb.png.b2b2a98744b3dbcb513a85d375248188.png

Aah, so it looks like the skirt is shirred. I love shirring. My mum made me a shirred top & shirred bodice dress for me when I was about 10 which I’ve never forgotten. Amusingly many designers have made the exact same shirred bodice dress in the last 12 months. Fashion does go around even if it takes 40yrs. Actually the dress would probably almost fit me again if I still had it. 😆
https://www.net-a-porter.com/en-au/shop/product/ganni/clothing/midi-dresses/ruffled-smocked-checked-organic-cotton-blend-seersucker-midi-dress/2009602782814

Oh, I hear you about the short girl problems. All the trousers that are loo long, sleeves drooping over my fingers & looking swamped in dresses & jackets. Sigh.

12 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Aah, so it looks like the skirt is shirred. I love shirring. My mum made me a shirred top & shirred bodice dress for me when I was about 10 which I’ve never forgotten

Aaaaaah...."shirred". I've been calling it "smocked" all these years! I did a google of the difference and am now fully educated on the difference, lol. Yes, the waist/bottom of the dress is shirred.

I too have very fond memories of shirried sundresses I used to wear as a kid. I probably had like several of this style in different prints (see pic below). But I also remember that when my boobs started coming in I liked them less as I felt the style made them look bigger, and back then I was totally ashamed of my growing boobs. Oh, how my boob attitude has changed.

33675304_ScreenShot2021-10-23at10_44_35AM.thumb.png.2283a360d67522b5e1828d451eff8bab.png

Edited by ms.sss

On 10/22/2021 at 08:43, ms.sss said:

Yeah, lighting in my bedroom is not the greatest when its a cloudy day, lol.

Here is a pic of the dress on a model from the website. She's probably like 6 feet tall so the dress fits her better. The hemline and the sleeves and shoulder seams are way longer on me, the fit around my neck gapes a little and its quite loose at the waist where the bodice connects to the skirt. Basically its overall on the big side, but this is always an issue so I'm used to it. Ah, short girl problems.

As for the pencil skirt, yep, decided i'm keeping it and getting it taken in. I may try doing it myself...lol

2041515653_ScreenShot2021-10-22at9_32_21AM.thumb.png.b2b2a98744b3dbcb513a85d375248188.png

You’ve got the legs for that dress!!!

29 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

You’ve got the legs for that dress!!!

Oh goodness, that pic you quoted is NOT me (I wish!)! That's the model that likely fuelled my sense of inadequacy in my younger days, LOL.

@ms.sss no I know that pic wasn’t you but I’ve seen pics of you and you have the legs for that outfit for sure!

Ok...this is the last of my most recent batch of online shopping orders. I promised myself that this will be it until at least after xmas...we shall see if I am a woman of my word.

I have a relatively fancy party coming up in the January and I couldn't resist adding yet another option to my slew of options I already have to wear. Help. Me.

On 10/23/2021 at 19:42, ms.sss said:

Ok...this is the last of my most recent batch of online shopping orders. I promised myself that this will be it until at least after xmas...we shall see if I am a woman of my word.

I have a relatively fancy party coming up in the January and I couldn't resist adding yet another option to my slew of options I already have to wear. Help. Me.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/gallery/image/97489-2021-oct-23/

Looks great! Love it!!

11 hours ago, ms.sss said:

But I also remember that when my boobs started coming in I liked them less as I felt the style made them look bigger, and back then I was totally ashamed of my growing boobs. Oh, how my boob attitude has changed.

Didn’t have enough to worry about that when I wire them back then 😂. But I had a a dress & a jumpsuit with shirred bodices about 15yrs ago when I was an Aust size 10/12 & wore size 12E bras & I’d go bra less when I’d wear them. The shirring was firm & offered enough support. Oh the joy of being braless. Bliss!

You look gorgeous in the newest dress & all eyes will be on you.

OMG! Just remembered I still had the dress. Da daa… E4D5C2AD-96CD-446E-8CB2-62BED5915935.thumb.jpeg.576b05badc4740045d2870b01d058036.jpeg

The shirring doesn’t seem to have perished & if I keep my arms close to my body (so no one can really see my loose skin 😉) I think I can wear it again. WIN.

On 10/23/2021 at 19:39, Arabesque said:

OMG! Just remembered I still had the dress. Da daa… E4D5C2AD-96CD-446E-8CB2-62BED5915935.thumb.jpeg.576b05badc4740045d2870b01d058036.jpeg

The shirring doesn’t seem to have perished & if I keep my arms close to my body (so no one can really see my loose skin 😉) I think I can wear it again. WIN.

I love that dress, and you look great in it!

On 10/21/2021 at 11:33 PM, Arabesque said:

PS - Had some Botox for the first time this morning - not a Botox virgin anymore. Had it put in my chin - was starting to suffer from old lady chin & (hopefully) we won’t be wearing masks for ever 😉. Was actually looking at some cheek fillers but it wouldn’t give me the gentle lift needed. Plus because of my bee allergy I can never have fillers. Not because of the fillers but because of the neutraliser that reverses the filler (if ever needed). Learn something new everyday.

wait a sec...how did I not register this little slip of info!

I have became a bit of botox results lover myself this year! Are you pleased with the results?

...also I also have a bee sting/venom allergy! (remind me to tell you the funny story of how I found out)...but i got fillers anyway! yikes, I'll have to talk to my tech about this neutralizer business.

11 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Omg. Its my childhood dream dress in adult form. Love. It. Def put it in your wardrobe rotation. I wish I had one in black back then. Guess I'm going to have t get one now.

P.S. For what its worth, and while I fully understand the loose skin-hesitancy, from this angle with your arms up, I can't see any.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:27 PM, Arabesque said:

Aah, so it looks like the skirt is shirred. I love shirring. My mum made me a shirred top & shirred bodice dress for me when I was about 10 which I’ve never forgotten. Amusingly many designers have made the exact same shirred bodice dress in the last 12 months. Fashion does go around even if it takes 40yrs. Actually the dress would probably almost fit me again if I still had it. 😆
https://www.net-a-porter.com/en-au/shop/product/ganni/clothing/midi-dresses/ruffled-smocked-checked-organic-cotton-blend-seersucker-midi-dress/2009602782814

Oh, I hear you about the short girl problems. All the trousers that are loo long, sleeves drooping over my fingers & looking swamped in dresses & jackets. Sigh.

Fellow short girl problems here, too! Haha. Welcome to Shrimpsville! Casual, warm, comfy (bottoms really work like support stockings for the bad knee and leg circulation issues) for errands and house site yesterday. Love the pockets! And, of course, they are much too long... so just wrapped them into the sneaker. It's exhausting to always be going to the seamstress for alterations! And, these were on a great sale - I wanted them to remain a bargain without additional alteration costs! Look too silly???

IMG_0092.jpeg

IMG_0090.jpeg