Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Unfortunately, I don’t have them anymore. A couple got a wee bit trashed at B&S balls (Bachelor & spinsters balls in western Queensland. Just an excuse for 24hrs of major drinking. Go to the ball & then the next day the party continues. Usually a couple of hundred people turn up.) The rest were donated or tossed. Did find this photo before the Emerald B&S 1988. I’m 2nd from the left in the dress with the black velvet bodice & red paper taffeta skirt.imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bbd8bc3022d1b1aIt also has a red sequinned piece on the shoulder. My friend’s hair is so big! We thought we looked fabulous. 😂
E2F8B1A0-86BA-4301-9211-7866E59CDECD.thumb.jpeg.5850be347e215a20edab9d8eb378b81f.jpeg

Also found this one. We were on our way to the Show Ball again in 1988 when I taught in a very small town in central Queensland. Can’t claim I made the ball gown but it is so 80s thought it deserved to be seen.

3D079ACE-7028-4279-9F9A-70EEB7488EE3.thumb.jpeg.b5dc7808350d30fd5b737dd896b20835.jpeg

You look amazing, Jake. And enjoy every moment of our objectification. It’s done with love.

Nothing wrong with vanity sizing @GreenTealael. Looking good.

We haven’t had a covid case in Queensland for some weeks now @Sophie7713 & I think only 1 active case. We’ve been very fortunate & have opened up a lot now. A smaller population with less high density living has benefited us in Aust I think though Victoria is experiencing a second wave at the moment. (They say we’re currently experiencing a 'Spice Girl Paradigm' where everyone is trying really hard, but Victoria is ruining it for everyone. Sorry very poor joke.)

Bachelor and Spinsters ball. What FUN is that! Jake, a possible trip to western Queensland? These Aussie's girls are pretty adorable, I'd say. LOL. I love your blue gown!!! Your hairstyle so glamorous. I'd wear both today in a heart beat. And, taffeta paired with velvet. Glorious. Your impeccable taste will never go out of style... Thank you so much for sharing. ;]

Edited by Sophie7713

19 hours ago, PollyEster said:

Totally ❤❤❤❤ this look! Is that a Rundholz jumper?

It’s all Rundholz. I love their designs. It used to make up a large part of my wardrobe but unfortunately their XS is too big on me now. Sigh! I grabbed this jumper & skirt for winter & two loose dresses which are more summery. From the last drop. My favourite boutique calls me when it comes in so I can preview buy before they promote it. There are only a few stockists in Australia.

Thank you @Sophie7713. The gown is actually a glorious steel grey. I still have it as it was too beautiful to give away.

1 hour ago, Arabesque said:

It’s all Rundholz. I love their designs. It used to make up a large part of my wardrobe but unfortunately their XS is too big on me now. Sigh! I grabbed this jumper & skirt for winter & two loose dresses which are more summery. From the last drop. My favourite boutique calls me when it comes in so I can preview buy before they promote it. There are only a few stockists in Australia.

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Ahhhhhhhhhh ha ha!! I knew it! 😂😂😂😂 I've been wearing Rundholz since the first collection back in 1993, and have worn it (plus one other brand of footwear) exclusively for the past 12 years. I'm currently having as much of my existing wardrobe as possible tailored to fit. I'm absolutely unwilling to move away from the brand, so intend to buy the XS, one size pieces, and S in the S-M-L pieces and have them tailored as required. Trousers are easy to have taken in at the waist, and as long as the shoulders of the structured jackets and coats fit, everything else is possible!

Have you previewed the AW 20-21 collection? DIP is particularly fun this winter (I have pre-ordered loads of it), as is Black Label, though I find the latter collection is oftentimes a bit too youth-oriented for my tastes. I lived in Melbourne for several years, and know all too well the difficulties you're presented with in trying to obtain the pieces you want. It's even more challenging to find Rundholz in Canada, but luckily there are many online shops selling the brand now. I also lived in Germany for many years, so was fortunately spoiled for choice in this regard.

22 hours ago, PollyEster said:

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Ahhhhhhhhhh ha ha!! I knew it! 😂😂😂😂 I've been wearing Rundholz since the first collection back in 1993, and have worn it (plus one other brand of footwear) exclusively for the past 12 years. I'm currently having as much of my existing wardrobe as possible tailored to fit. I'm absolutely unwilling to move away from the brand, so intend to buy the XS, one size pieces, and S in the S-M-L pieces and have them tailored as required. Trousers are easy to have taken in at the waist, and as long as the shoulders of the structured jackets and coats fit, everything else is possible!

Have you previewed the AW 20-21 collection? DIP is particularly fun this winter (I have pre-ordered loads of it), as is Black Label, though I find the latter collection is oftentimes a bit too youth-oriented for my tastes. I lived in Melbourne for several years, and know all too well the difficulties you're presented with in trying to obtain the pieces you want. It's even more challenging to find Rundholz in Canada, but luckily there are many online shops selling the brand now. I also lived in Germany for many years, so was fortunately spoiled for choice in this regard.

I think my first Rundholz dress (with the panelled fullish skirt they always do) was probably about 15yrs ago. The boutique here has their deliveries delayed so we get the winter drop 6 months late in our autumn. But it does mean I can wear it straight away. Woo hoo! They get in Studio & Black Label so I haven’t seen any DIP in real life only online.

I decided the cost of altering the pieces that are too big (a good 4 inches) would be expensive & likely to be unsuccessful because of the complexity of their designs - all those panels, inserts & curves. They’d have to be completely pulled apart & recut or I would lose features of the design. Sigh. I was trying skirts & pants without undoing zips & buttons & had to hold them so they wouldn’t fall down.😪 I kept checking the sizes cause I thought they’d given me two sizes larger. Thank gracious they do some stretch pieces as they fit.

You may find one size fits all pieces are too large for you now. I feel like I’m drowning in fabric in the ones I’ve tried from various brands & look shorter than I am. I haven’t enough body to fill them out anymore. Who’d thunk it?

After the experiences I’ve had trying to return a pair of Barbara Gongini pants I’m very reluctant to buy clothing from overseas again. For five months I’ve been trying to return them to Copenhagen & they’ve just come back to me for the second time - undeliverable! WTF! I know covid has made deliveries difficult but this is ridiculous.

What shoe brand do you wear?

You should look at Ester Perbandt. She was in Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn’s Making the Cut but I knew of her already. A friend has been buying from Ester when she goes to Berlin for a few years.

Three for one!

Youngest child, Me, Oldest child (Middle child not present)

Daughter in Frida Kahlo hoodie

Son in Artisan hemp hoodie

Crepe back Satin mini dress by me

IMG_20200710_133917_438.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

20 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Three for one!

Gorgeous children! No doubt where they get their stunning looks... BTW, found some amazing 80% off black Friday sales on Champion gear yesterday at Macy's. I'll model them - as you mentioned once the kids love that brand + look. Me, too. I could hardly believe the fun and colorful things I found for Florida winters. All cropped styles for this shortie on her casual errand runs. $60+ garments under $10.00 each. Blue wind breaker - $4.34. Crazy!

5 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Gorgeous children! No doubt where they get their stunning looks... BTW, found some amazing 80% off black Friday sales on Champion gear yesterday at Macy's. I'll model them - as you mentioned once the kids love that brand + look. Me, too. I could hardly believe the fun and colorful things I found for Florida winters. All cropped styles for this shortie on her casual errand runs. $60+ garments under $10.00 each. Blue wind breaker - $4.34. Crazy!

Thank you! Wow those prices are unbelievable!

On 7/8/2020 at 11:55 AM, Arabesque said:

They say we’re currently experiencing a 'Spice Girl Paradigm' where everyone is trying really hard, but Victoria is ruining it for everyone. Sorry very poor joke.

OMG.. I hadn't heard that one... lol

On 7/7/2020 at 9:55 PM, Arabesque said:

Also found this one. We were on our way to the Show Ball again in 1988 when I taught in a very small town in central Queensland. Can’t claim I made the ball gown but it is so 80s thought it deserved to be seen.

3D079ACE-7028-4279-9F9A-70EEB7488EE3.thumb.jpeg.b5dc7808350d30fd5b737dd896b20835.jpeg

OMG!

I love this dress! Those sleeves alone make me swoon, lol.

You look like a cool disco version of Princess Di 😍

On 7/10/2020 at 7:47 PM, GreenTealael said:

Three for one!

You guys look like you should be in a street fashion spread for a mag! I mean even the background was like location-scouted!

p.s. I see you share my pain of being the shortest one in the family. I wish the was plastic surgery for height....

13 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

20200712_190725_HDR.jpg

So purty. Whats the occasion??

On 7/7/2020 at 9:55 PM, Arabesque said:

My friend’s hair is so big! We thought we looked fabulous. 😂

Speaking of big hair...(I probably personally funded the hair spray industry that year!)