Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 hours ago, Arabesque said:

How long did it take for them to put in the extensions @ms.sss?

omg, over 4 hours. mind you, it was actually kinda fun cuz my stylist was a chatterbox - which i don't normally like, but she was hilarious so i made an exception.

10 hours ago, Arabesque said:

IMG_0597.thumb.jpeg.eb5f124d4b2f0cc954b4324a987e30cd.jpeg

IMG_0596.thumb.jpeg.30d3335383426b30c455c4553d458607.jpeg

love, love, LOVE these shoes!

Very great-gatsby-esque!

...also...how did u manage to forget you had these beauties in your closet?!?

...also, also, in the first pic, i notice a horizontal part coming at a right angle from the heel...what is that? can i see a pic from the other side?

18 hours ago, ms.sss said:

OOTD, hair edition.

Fist, sorry for monopolizing this thread lately. I/we are bored, outside and having some fun!

On the weekend me and the Kid got hair extensions for funsies. We both think they are waaaay too long and the Kid has already had hers shortened. My shortening appt is on Thurs, but after this afternoon i am stating to like the ridiculous length. I realized i really like it when im basically topless. the contrast between the hair colour and my skin is quite pleasing to me! (and Mr. lolololzzzz)

so i may just keep it this length if i can manage to go about my day without it getting caught somewhere at least 50% of the time. which is NOT easy.

i will say all this hair makes me feel super bad ass and sexy. so if any y'all want a quick pick-me-up in the confidence department, i would suggest some hair extensions to do the trick.

P.s. my actual, real hair stops just above the neckline of my bra...which btw, is my old breast-lift recovery bra (it's laundry day! 😂)

I'm loving the sexy long hair.......

12 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Going to a formal wedding in about three weeks & have been worrying about shoes. Sad I know. Wasn’t happy with what I thought I’d go with though gorgeous shoes. I’m wearing a bias cut 1930s influenced gown. At about 12:30 this morning I suddenly remembered I had the perfect shoe & had them for years. I’ll wear them with black micro fishnet hose.

IMG_0597.thumb.jpeg.eb5f124d4b2f0cc954b4324a987e30cd.jpeg

IMG_0596.thumb.jpeg.30d3335383426b30c455c4553d458607.jpeg

My dress. Yes black but look a print. And I have opera length black leather gloves to wear as well.

IMG_0598.thumb.jpeg.2974d232c6e217b2a005c1d3789cf91d.jpeg

Yes....... I love them....

It’s actually a bar between the heel the rest of the sole. Makes it a little more stable @ms.sss. I think I forgot about them as they became too small for me when I put on the 15 menopause kilograms. I kept them because they are so beautiful & special (are a runway shoe & were supposed to be the last of the YSL branding before they went to just SL but then they ended up using both logos.) I think the last time I wore them was to a wedding too.

Four hours for the extensions 😱 I would have been over it at two. Plus I would have been in pain from my my bony butt. 😁

Oh yeah Hemsworth & Cavill make every day beautiful @GreenTealael. ❤️❤️❤️ So yummy to look at. Not happy they dropped Henry but was very happy when they said we want you back. How could they then change their minds & dump him again. I mean WTF? Just awful way to treat someone. Damn James Gunn & his ‘vision’ for DC. My godson did a yoga course in Byron Bay a couple of years ago & attended classes with Elsa Pataky. Unfortunately Chris never came but I’m claiming 3 degrees of separation 😆😆😆

Looks like a fun evening with the family @GreenTealael. (Love the comparison with the WWF - LOL!.) Do they do they serve medieval style foods & tankards of ale too?

Edited by Arabesque

19 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Oh yeah Hemsworth & Cavill make every day beautiful @GreenTealael. ❤️❤️❤️ So yummy to look at. Not happy they dropped Henry but was very happy when they said we want you back. How could they then change their minds & dump him again. I mean WTF? Just awful way to treat someone. Damn James Gunn & his ‘vision’ for DC. My godson did a yoga course in Byron Bay a couple of years ago & attended classes with Elsa Pataky. Unfortunately Chris never came but I’m claiming 3 degrees of separation 😆😆😆

Looks like a fun evening with the family @GreenTealael. (Love the comparison with the WWF - LOL!.) Do they do they serve medieval style foods & tankards of ale too?

I agree. He seems like such a nice guy and he’s been dropped like a hot rock. IDK what’s going on. It’s all so confusing especially the situation with The Witcher.

ok the food was rustic styled and you had to use your hands. I thought I was going to have a problem because it’s essentially an equestrian show and smells like it. But by some crazy burst of excitement/adrenaline (or maybe air filtration) the smell became a lot less noticeable.

Another case of I’m glad I didn’t get rid of these shoes or boots this time. Bought these about 10years ago back when I was in my old usual weight range (before my menopause weight gain). I kept them because they were so lovely even though I thought they were too big at 38.5 (now a 37.5-38) & them being wide around the calf. I decided to put them on yesterday for the hell of it & they fit. A little big but thick socks helped then I remembered they did run a little small. Yes, I can put my hands down the sides but putting them over pants helped. Wore them today & two people stopped me to tell me how much they loved them. One was disappointed when I said they were about 10yrs old as she was going to ask where I bought them to get herself a pair.

IMG_0603.thumb.jpeg.a2b9a094684ab5f89ead335582af4602.jpeg

On 6/23/2023 at 1:04 AM, Arabesque said:

Another case of I’m glad I didn’t get rid of these shoes or boots this time. Bought these about 10years ago back when I was in my old usual weight range (before my menopause weight gain). I kept them because they were so lovely even though I thought they were too big at 38.5 (now a 37.5-38) & them being wide around the calf. I decided to put them on yesterday for the hell of it & they fit. A little big but thick socks helped then I remembered they did run a little small. Yes, I can put my hands down the sides but putting them over pants helped. Wore them today & two people stopped me to tell me how much they loved them. One was disappointed when I said they were about 10yrs old as she was going to ask where I bought them to get herself a pair.

IMG_0603.thumb.jpeg.a2b9a094684ab5f89ead335582af4602.jpeg

Ok I think it’s time you went through all of you forgotten treasures and show us. 😍

Oh boots!!, my last pair of wide calf boots has not been used once and i like them so much, i must find somebody who can adjust the width of the shaft, not in a rush, i own too many newish boots they are not as wearable here in south Texas as they were in New Jersey. I have a new Job that requires steel toe shoes it takes 95% of the fun of buying shoes. and 250% of the budget.

Friend’s daughter’s wedding on the weekend. It was a formal wedding. And yes I did wear two gloves. 😁 Wore the second dress for the Sunday lunch event. More low key & fewer people. Excellent wrap dress: no gaping neckline. And my hair actually stood up for both events - just softer. Whoo hoo!!

IMG_0630.thumb.jpeg.d9cde358f72ef7a7782b4cb7ea70f5a0.jpeg IMG_0634.thumb.jpeg.43f4326f0a5119becaec183a12a72aeb.jpeg

I love both of those. Especially the gown for the wedding itself - looks amazing.

On 7/17/2023 at 12:20 AM, Arabesque said:

Friend’s daughter’s wedding on the weekend. It was a formal wedding. And yes I did wear two gloves. 😁 Wore the second dress for the Sunday lunch event. More low key & fewer people. Excellent wrap dress: no gaping neckline. And my hair actually stood up for both events - just softer. Whoo hoo!!

IMG_0630.thumb.jpeg.d9cde358f72ef7a7782b4cb7ea70f5a0.jpeg IMG_0634.thumb.jpeg.43f4326f0a5119becaec183a12a72aeb.jpeg

loving those gloves!

I love looking at everyone's before and afters and their OOTD. I can't wait until after my procedure to come hang out in the lounge with y'all, haha.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:20 PM, Arabesque said:

Both dresses look amazing!!!! and those vintage-looking heels are spectacular!!! I need more reasons to get dressed up. But at this point, it kills my back and knees too much to wear 50% of the shoes in my closet because heels and I just don't get along these days. I've been putting off a purge for a while. Just might have to wait a while yet because I have some spectacular iridescent heels I'm dying to wear again and once the weight is off, theoretically, I should feel better! Here's to hoping I get thin enough and well enough to wear them again! I get so tickled seeing everyone's progression.