Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds



Recommended Posts

Tunafish for breakfast? Sounds kind of gross. But I made a large container of tuna salad yesterday with apples, celery, and red onion. It’s been nice having that to reach for when I need a little snack. And no I did not eat as much as I’m sure you know. Maybe about half.

56832E8C-A37C-4FF2-A941-DA56DB105258.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And soon to be a late lunch- a lobster tail! I am craving all kinds of fish and seafood. I must have some Vitamin shortage going on

682349CD-ED08-44D6-B021-E9ABD06587AB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anna you’re eating like me a lot.
Most days I completely skip breakfast and if I have anything early, it’s always meat and cheese. 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so this is today. Typical eating pattern for me.
My only “meal” before 11am is coffee, but I put a solid 4 ounces milk in it so it’s a very protein-ish coffee. 🤣🤣

I’m backwards most days. I don’t eat til 11am on average and it’s a very small “meal”.
Example: I measured out a whole cup of the cottage cheese, but got full after about 2/3 of it so it went back into the fridge.
By 1:30 I was pretty hungry so that’s when I got out my leftover steak and salad and then I did 2 Pilates classes tonite to I was starving when I got home and had yet more leftover steak (because we all know how far leftovers stretch now) and some broccoli and some simply wonderful and amazing tofu noodles that my husband turned me onto this week.

Turns out he’s had these tofu noodles before and we tried them tonite and OMG.... you can almost fool yourself that you’ve got actual spaghetti on your plate!

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CPAP users: Since my surgery, I've been waking up with an extremely dry mouth, despite how much Water I drink. I've been using a CPAP for about 10 years and I've never had this prior to surgery. Anyone else waking up to a super dry mouth? If so, have you done anything to change this so that it no longer occurs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ever cheat, just see this and know it could be worse. This actually looks disgusting to me!

17C0B498-7921-450D-8933-08E4B6874DC6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm... Can’t remember who said it earlier but I am mildly concerned about my weight loss. I have not been this thin in a decade and even then it was sort of a one off deal. I guess I’m just not used to seeing myself like this because now I’m under 120 pounds. Hopefully this will cut off at some point... originally said I wanted to weigh 100 pounds but frankly I would be cool right where I’m at. I guess I’m just adjusting to my new body?? 119.8 this morning.

64B36AA7-3690-4E4F-9316-179A0D2D6CC5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realized I am finally in the 40 pound weight loss club by that .2 pounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Everythinganna said:

Hmmm... Can’t remember who said it earlier but I am mildly concerned about my weight loss. I have not been this thin in a decade and even then it was sort of a one off deal. I guess I’m just not used to seeing myself like this because now I’m under 120 pounds. Hopefully this will cut off at some point... originally said I wanted to weigh 100 pounds but frankly I would be cool right where I’m at. I guess I’m just adjusting to my new body?? 119.8 this morning.

64B36AA7-3690-4E4F-9316-179A0D2D6CC5.jpeg

Whoooo Hoooo!!! Congratulations my friend! Awesome job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/21/2019 at 08:05, Everythinganna said:



Just realized I am finally in the 40 pound weight loss club by that .2 pounds


Amazing work Anna!

I’m thinking the closer you get to hitting 100, you’ll slow down. Enjoy this ride because we’ve put so much hard work and time and energy into it.

Right now I’m in a weird place. I’m not “fat” anymore, but I’m definitely not anywhere close to the thinnest I’ve ever been.
People keep telling me I don’t have much more to lose, but the size 14 and 185 pounds I weigh tells me a different story.
I know for a fact my body can be healthy when I’m in the 130’s so it’s quite frustrating to weigh 50 pounds over that and continually hear, “you better slow down and not lose much more or you’re gonna disappear”.

Just yesterday I saw a customer I hadn’t seen in months (she had moved away but was back for a visit with family) and she was genuinely horrified when I told her my goal weight was to lose at least another 30-40 pounds.

I dunno, maybe I’ll start to feel worried I’m losing too much if I ever get below 140, but with the slow rate that I’m losing I know I’ll be completely past the honeymoon phase timeline.
🤷‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2019 at 10:16 AM, Sheribear68 said:

Amazing work Anna!

I’m thinking the closer you get to hitting 100, you’ll slow down. Enjoy this ride because we’ve put so much hard work and time and energy into it.

Right now I’m in a weird place. I’m not “fat” anymore, but I’m definitely not anywhere close to the thinnest I’ve ever been.
People keep telling me I don’t have much more to lose, but the size 14 and 185 pounds I weigh tells me a different story.
I know for a fact my body can be healthy when I’m in the 130’s so it’s quite frustrating to weigh 50 pounds over that and continually hear, “you better slow down and not lose much more or you’re gonna disappear”.

Just yesterday I saw a customer I hadn’t seen in months (she had moved away but was back for a visit with family) and she was genuinely horrified when I told her my goal weight was to lose at least another 30-40 pounds.

I dunno, maybe I’ll start to feel worried I’m losing too much if I ever get below 140, but with the slow rate that I’m losing I know I’ll be completely past the honeymoon phase timeline.
🤷‍♀️

I'm getting the exact same thing. People are actually telling me I'm too skinny and that I should try to gain a bit, but I know that I should lose 15 more pounds. That would be my goal weight of 150, and I know exactly what that looks and feels like because that's what I weighed from about age 20 to age 32. (Age 32 is when all hell broke loose.)

I have been told that it's not uncommon to "rebound" a bit when you reach your goal weight and stop losing--meaning that you can gain 10-15 pounds before you body stabilizes at the new weight. For that reason, I'm actually okay if I get 10 pounds or so below my goal. I'm sure that I could gain 10 pounds without a problem if necessary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if I were within 15 pounds of goal weight I could understand these people, but I’m a full 50 pounds from where I spent half my 20’s in. If I were to hit 10-15 under my goal range (which is between 145-155) then I would probably be “too skinny”.

Lol, I’m 185. That ain’t even close!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2019 at 4:33 PM, Sheribear68 said:

Maybe if I were within 15 pounds of goal weight I could understand these people, but I’m a full 50 pounds from where I spent half my 20’s in. If I were to hit 10-15 under my goal range (which is between 145-155) then I would probably be “too skinny”.

Lol, I’m 185. That ain’t even close!

I'm sorry, Sheribear--I hope it didn't sound like I was bragging. I'm just sharing my journey with everyone.

I just returned from a 3-day weekend with friends at a resort, which is always challenging. Breakfast every day was three pieces of bacon, and dinners were a protein-rich appetizer (including a delicious lamb dish on the last day). I weighed myself upon return home and found that I'm down three more pounds to 162, just 12 pounds from my goal weight. (Sorry again, Sherribear.)

I've decided to revise my goal weight down to 140. I think I still have a paunch, and I'm wearing 34 pants. (At one point in my adult life I wore a 30.) Also, I weighed 127 when I entered the Army at age 22 (38 years ago). I will admit I was a little scrawny, but I think that means 140 is probably realistic at this point.

Edited by Recidivist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're doing fabulously, Recidivist! And like you say, men do tend to lose weight a lot quicker than us ladies do... (all you have to do is look at The Biggest Loser to see that!) And to be honest, I think you 'earned' your quick loss with the complications you suffered early on! You had a real rough run of it for a while there, so it's so nice to hear you're doing so fabulously now! ❤️

My dietitian doesn't like the idea of Keto. *sigh* I'm not sure what to do about it. Since cutting out carbs I've dropped quite quickly -- about 5 kilos in the past two weeks -- and I just feel more satiated going for higher-fat options (and a lot less hungry now I've cut out carbs almost entirely).

We're quite spoiled here in NZ with our meat choices. The last two Sundays I've roasted a full leg of lamb, spiked with rosemary and garlic. I eat hardly any of it, but my husband and I munch on it throughout the week. It's delicious! Especially cutting off and eating the salty, fatty bits straight from the oven... nom! Hehe.

All of our meat here is also grass fed, which is a big bonus. It still boggles me that you'd feed a cow anything other than grass... you don't even have to leave our biggest city, Auckland, to see moomoos snacking on grass! Yesterday hubster and I grabbed a couple of coffees and watched the planes come in to Auckland airport next to a small herd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/23/2019 at 20:53, Recidivist said:





I'm sorry, Sheribear--I hope it didn't sound like I was bragging. I'm just sharing my journey with everyone.




I just returned from a 3-day weekend with friends at a resort, which is always challenging. Breakfast every day was three pieces of bacon, and dinners were a protein-rich appetizer (including a delicious lamb dish on the last day). I weighed myself upon return home and found that I'm down three more pounds to 162, just 12 pounds from my goal weight. (Sorry again, Sherribear.)




I've decided to revise my goal weight down to 140. I think I still have a paunch, and I'm wearing 34 pants. (At one point in my adult life I wore a 30.) Also, I weighed 127 when I entered the Army at age 22 (38 years ago). I will admit I was a little scrawny, but I think that means 140 is probably realistic at this point.


Oh no, I think you’re doing fabulous and I’m so happy for it.

I’ve gone through a bit of a slump again and I don’t know why.
Back up 1 pound to 186. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Time to rethink seriously what I’m doing
Starting today I’m cutting out almost everything except Protein and I’m bumping Water back up to 96 ounces (lately I’ve been lazy with the water and was getting around 64 ounces in.

I’m also going to start an hour daily on the treadmill In addition to Pilates.

I’m not even 5 months out and still over 30 pounds away from goal.

I’m starting to get scared that I’ve already hit another stall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×